Sign in to follow this  
Glenn Fitzpatrick

Kodiak Patch

1 minute ago, Tektolnes said:

Switching engine damage off should remove any hot starts / wear. Wouldn't be my favourite way for this to be controlled as would prefer an in-plane setting but if you don't like damage simulation at all you can just switch this off in the MSFS settings and should be good to go.

Thank you - that helps 🙂

51 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

EDIT: I was just able to simulate a hot start successfully by introducing fuel early. 

Managed to successfully start the engines again after the hot start. I couldn't afford the expensive hot start inspection, so I took off from Barton and set the course for Glascow. Then an engine failure at around 5000' during climb out. Had to ditch her in a field somewhere...

Edited by Cpt_Piett

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

New Kodiak patch released yesterday has removed the damaged engine 'feature'.

Version 1.2.1  

Edited by Eclex

Dave Swigert

WIN 10/  i7-9700K@4.8 GHz/ 32 GB ram/ BENQ BL3200 monitor/ NVIDIA GTX1080 TI video

I'm NOT sure about the above statement. I thought ESP was the engine fault thing !

Dave Swigert

WIN 10/  i7-9700K@4.8 GHz/ 32 GB ram/ BENQ BL3200 monitor/ NVIDIA GTX1080 TI video

10 hours ago, Eclex said:

I'm NOT sure about the above statement. I thought ESP was the engine fault thing !

Nope..

Look here about ESP: https://americanflightschools.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/NXi-ESP-from-Pilot’s-Guide.pdf

It´s a "Electronic stability and protection system", which protects against exceeding the normal flight envelope.

I guess it protects against stall, high AOA, exceeding certain roll angle etc.

System: i7-10700K, 32GB RAM, RTX2070S 8GB, 1TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, Win10 64bit Home

33 minutes ago, Wothan said:

I guess it protects against stall, high AOA, exceeding certain roll angle etc.

Pretty much.  It is a Garmin functionality. This what Garmin have to say about it:

https://www.garmin.com/en-US/blog/aviation/understanding-garmin-electronic-stability-protection-esp/

What is ESP? ESP is a safeguard created to assist you in maintaining safe, stable flight when hand-flying your aircraft. It monitors the aircraft’s flight condition, functioning independently of the autopilot, and it applies a control force toward stable flight whenever pitch or roll deviations exceed recommended limits. ESP can also recognize when underspeed or overspeed conditions are about to occur — such as a stall or too-steep of a descent — and it makes appropriate adjustments to the controls. Plus, if the system detects that ESP has been activated for a specified period of time — such as in the event of pilot incapacitation — the autopilot will engage with the flight director in level mode to bring the aircraft back to level flight. However, if you’re training or practicing, ESP can be manually disabled to allow intentional flight maneuvers.

The issue with the Kodiak in game appears to have been the last line, it could not be disabled for "intentional flight manoeuvres" .

Now there is ALSO another totally unrelated thing, also called ESP,  that is a maintenance contract/program that Pratt &Whitney offer for the Kodiak PT6 that covers stuff like engine overhauls, hot section inspections, unscheduled engine and accessory repairs etc etc but it is highly unlikely to be what they are referring to here.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

CAUTION OWNERS- I was able, this morning, to download the 1.2.2 new patch from JustFlight. WARNING:  this is merely a 'patch', not the entire aircraft file!

I had deleted the original file from my common folder only to discover the problem. Fortunately I had a backup and restored it, which then allows the exe installer to update. 

• Like 2

Dave Swigert

2 hours ago, Eclex said:

I was able, this morning, to download the 1.2.2 new patch from JustFlight.

Patch is available on ORBX central as well.

Johan Pienaar

IDK but I'm still getting a nose dive on AP disconnect. It's a bit slower but it's still there. I deliberately loaded a plane so it was heavier in the rear, I was established on the approach, stable, but when I disconnected the AP, hands-off, the plane nose dived in about 5 seconds. Am I doing something wrong here or this plane will just never get fixed?