Sign in to follow this  
Japo32

Fenix: Things that I miss from the "best" airliner in MSFS

Ok, I finally bought it. I was waiting for paypal support and better performance, and they arrived.

I am not an airliner virtual pilot. For me it is more fun A2A planes with their maintenance system, but I made a couple of flights and this is what I miss in the beautiful plane:

1. Switches and systems stage in between flights option. So they are in the same position as you left them in the previous one. Oil, fuel quantity, etc...

2. Failure activation depending on degradation of systems we use in our flights. Not random please... just if you land too hard, "that" spring can be damaged in future flights. Or tire degradation can make them explode in future... or brake degradation in between flights. Oil leaks, turbulence flying can degrade some screws around that can produce a disaster in future. Random+realisitic.. is ok.... but every new flight I make is like a new plane

3. This plane goes deeper in things never asked for. For example, the list of passengers. Would be nice to add a Self Loading Cargo system similar in the Fenix. Feel every flight different with possible medical problems etc...

The plane is great already, but it can be the greatests ever, and it is near to be that with those "little" details.

Thanks!

Edited by Japo32
  • Like 6

Javier Rollon. Owner of JRollon Planes for Xplane

What I would like to see:

-more realistic opening/closing of the cargo doors. With sounds.

-possibility to open the bulk cargo door.

-louder sounds in the cabin during engine start.

-cabin calls button sound. (i supose it makes the *pling* in real life?)

With that said, I really love the Fenix. Best aircraft out there for the time being!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Japo32 said:

Failure activation depending on degradation of systems we use in our flights. Not random please

That's already there I believe. Go to failure rate and set "realistic". From there, you can select other options.

26 minutes ago, airlinejets said:

That's already there I believe. Go to failure rate and set "realistic". From there, you can select other options.

no. That is not what I mean. I have that activated. Those are RANDOM. It is a dice that in that flight can produce a failure, and the "realistic" option is (if I understand it correctly) the option to produce "that" failure in "that" system is more or less depending in reality usually "that" system fails more or less.

My asking is about degradation because the way we fly. No random. Of course if it is possible the activate both at the same time, the better.

What I am asking is "gameplay" for me very imporant, because YES, the Fenix A320 is a real great SIMULATOR of the Airbus... BUT we are also playing in a sim/game called MSFS and there are lot of poeple that won't become real pilots never, but we do play and enjoy learning. The option included doesn't mean people would activate or not. Let people fly as they want to, if possible.

Edited by Japo32

3 minutes ago, Japo32 said:

no. That is not what I mean. I have that activated. Those are RANDOM. It is a dice that in that flight can produce a failure, and the "realistic" option is (if I understand it correctly) the option to produce "that" failure in "that" system is more or less depending in reality usually "that" system fails more or less.

My asking is about degradation because the way we fly. No random. Of course if it is possible the activate both, the better.

Okay, understood.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Japo32 said:

Ok, I finally bought it. I was waiting for paypal support and better performance, and they arrived.

I am not an airliner virtual pilot. For me it is more fun A2A planes with their maintenance system, but I made a couple of flights and this is what I miss in the beautiful plane:

1. Switches and systems stage in between flights option. So they are in the same position as you left them in the previous one. Oil, fuel quantity, etc...

2. Failure activation depending on degradation of systems we use in our flights. Not random please... just if you land too hard, "that" spring can be damaged in future flights. Or tire degradation can make them explode in future... or brake degradation in between flights. Oil leaks, turbulence flying can degrade some screws around that can produce a disaster in future. Random+realisitic.. is ok.... but every new flight I make is like a new plane

3. This plane goes deeper in things never asked for. For example, the list of passengers. Would be nice to add a Self Loading Cargo system similar in the Fenix. Feel every flight different with possible medical problems etc...

The plane is great already, but it can be the greatests ever, and it is near to be that with those "little" details.

Thanks!

+1

I just hope they fix the flight dynamics

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

I just hope they continue with the same attitude… Open, responsive and committed to making/keeping it the best addon available.

No doubt that she is rough and buggy in a few places. But… what a base to work from!!

• Like 7
  • Upvote 2

Craig Sells

44 minutes ago, Pilot53 said:

I understand everyone has its own preferences... but for me change the flight dynamics are not the top ones. Why? because when we fly an airliner usually it is done with autopilot and they usually fly correctly even in FSX. If I want to try great flight dynamics and feel the sensation of flying by hand and feel the weight I go to DCS in VR.

• Like 1

Another thing I would love to see specially for VR. The habitily to see PDF files in the tab. Right now only Navigraph charts are allowed, but there are other charts, free or payware, so it would be nice to have the option to read PDF or at least jpg files.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Japo32 said:

If you are talking about airliners that we need simulate the whole flight operations with AI mechanics, crew management, mandatory inspections, minimum equipment list, and etc. Also extra feature like action to AI mechanic  for mismanaging maintenance  and etc LOL I think it's great idea for the whole new product!

Random failure is more like something went under radar of inspection and maintenance! 

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

3 hours ago, Pilot53 said:

What are flight dynamics exactly? I seem to be able to fly from A to B in this sim with the Fenix just fine so what's the issue? However much time is given to it by Fenix it is never going to remotely resemble a real A320? We learn to use the sim not fly the plane imo.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Pilot53 said:

How many hours do you have on the real Airbus?

• Like 9
  • Upvote 1

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

7 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

What are flight dynamics exactly? I seem to be able to fly from A to B in this sim with the Fenix just fine so what's the issue? However much time is given to it by Fenix it is never going to remotely resemble a real A320? We learn to use the sim not fly the plane imo.

I agree. I don't know what is meant by "fix the flight dynamics", but as far as I can see - and from what I've seen in the videos of it - it simulates fly-by-wire correctly and behaves as expected within it's flight envelope... of am I missing something?

Edited by anden145
  • Like 4

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

28 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

I hope Fenix doesn't listed to the few whiners that complain about the way the aircraft flies and ruin something. It is the best flying aircraft I have ever had in a flight sim. 

• Like 10

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310