Sign in to follow this  
Japo32

Fenix: Things that I miss from the "best" airliner in MSFS

39 minutes ago, SierraDelta said:

That’s all fine, but - as Anders suggested above - have you communicated your findings to the Fenix folks?

I did so on their discord page. Perhaps they got it, I wouldn't know - more likely it was buried under a pile of other, unrelated, posts.

30 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

In the end as for every product the quality depends on what you want out of it. People can have completely opposite expectations on things like a freakin toaster, so go figure how it's with a complex airliner simuation. This doesn't make one true and the other one false. What you criticise could be of no importance to someone else.

I wasn't talking "opinion", in which case you're right. I will accept praise and criticism though, if it can be confirmed against objective facts and figures.

33 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

You should read the complaints on the PMDG 737 forum about the problems with that aircraft, I think it needs a bit more than some polishing. 

https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-forum/pmdg-737-for-msfs

May very wall be true! I don't have the product. However, this is irrelevant in this context and doesn't help much knowing their 737 may fly like a pig.

Perhaps there is an underlaying shortcoming of the platform, though Fenix have brought it close enough. Don't understand what seems to be everyone's problem in asking them to go the extra yard and get it spot on (like FS labs did for example). I believe its definitely doable. 

On 6/3/2022 at 1:51 PM, Japo32 said:

Ok, I finally bought it. I was waiting for paypal support and better performance, and they arrived.

I am not an airliner virtual pilot. For me it is more fun A2A planes with their maintenance system, but I made a couple of flights and this is what I miss in the beautiful plane:

1. Switches and systems stage in between flights option. So they are in the same position as you left them in the previous one. Oil, fuel quantity, etc...

2. Failure activation depending on degradation of systems we use in our flights. Not random please... just if you land too hard, "that" spring can be damaged in future flights. Or tire degradation can make them explode in future... or brake degradation in between flights. Oil leaks, turbulence flying can degrade some screws around that can produce a disaster in future. Random+realisitic.. is ok.... but every new flight I make is like a new plane

3. This plane goes deeper in things never asked for. For example, the list of passengers. Would be nice to add a Self Loading Cargo system similar in the Fenix. Feel every flight different with possible medical problems etc...

The plane is great already, but it can be the greatests ever, and it is near to be that with those "little" details.

Thanks!

It is already the greatest ever! IMO...

2 hours ago, Farlis said:

You already can. I'm confused...

On the tablet you can "open" it, but visually it remains closed.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, buspelle said:

It is already the greatest ever! IMO...

Absolutely, best I have ever flown in a sim. Some folks seem to enjoy having something to complain about, no matter how irrelevant it is. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

11 minutes ago, Adrian123 said:

Best is very debatable word.

Name something better?

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

On 6/3/2022 at 1:51 PM, Japo32 said:

but every new flight I make is like a new plane

This simulates how airline pilots hardly ever fly with the same plane the next day...

Edited by mrueedi

duplicate, as the "Submit Reply" button remained active... (still is)

Edited by mrueedi
Duplicated...

6 hours ago, mrueedi said:

This simulates how airline pilots hardly ever fly with the same plane the next day...

Airline pilots however can die together with their inconsious passengers if they don't do the checklist: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helios_Airways_Flight_522

In real life the aircraft, whatever they get, is in another state than the previous one. Without panelstate saving / persistance you can easily skip half of the checklist because you are 100% guaranteed it's the same state every time. Never have to check oil / hydraulics / battery either etc.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, ha5mvo said:

I did so on their discord page. Perhaps they got it, I wouldn't know - more likely it was buried under a pile of other, unrelated, posts.

I wasn't talking "opinion", in which case you're right. I will accept praise and criticism though, if it can be confirmed against objective facts and figures.

May very wall be true! I don't have the product. However, this is irrelevant in this context and doesn't help much knowing their 737 may fly like a pig.

Perhaps there is an underlaying shortcoming of the platform, though Fenix have brought it close enough. Don't understand what seems to be everyone's problem in asking them to go the extra yard and get it spot on (like FS labs did for example). I believe its definitely doable. 

If you are sure about these things and have some verifiable data i would submit a ticket, ive never gotten a response from the dev team on discord.  Im still waiting on a ticket response for a few days now but i think you have a better chance there.  Give it a few more flights too maybe your weather or something was off thst day.  The more i fly it the better I actually think they did with it as far as performance and handling.  I can say todays two flights the pitch and climb were spot on, and flare law definately seemed to be simulated accurately, my hard landing can prove that.  It still feels like it has quite a bit of drag with flaps 2 but im only comparing against the fs labs.  I think the sounds are quite good as well, they dont seem to quiet at all its just the out of sync noise at cruise thst needs fixing.

Edited by Pilot53
  • Like 1

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

11 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Name something better?

They can't not in MSFS anyways.

Edited by jbdbow1970

13 minutes ago, jbdbow1970 said:

They can't not in MSFS anyways.

That's a double negative.  So they can name something better?

Anyway, are you suggesting that there's a way to objectively verify that one addon is 'better' than another?  Most wouldn't agree with me, but I think the default DA62 with the free improvement mod is 'better' than any other GA aircraft in MSFS.  Again, most would violently disagree with me but that doesn't mean I am wrong, because 'better' is almost always subjective in life, and certainly where flight sim addons are concerned.

Got to give it to you and Bob for your ultra hardline defence of the Fenix, against every possible comment about it that doesn't acknowledge it as the most amazing thing to happen to the planet in the last millenium, and that anyone who doesn't feel that way is wrong, stupid and "should be flying Captain Sim".

Edited by JYW

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

2 minutes ago, JYW said:

That's a double negative.  So they can name something better?

Anyway, are you suggesting that there's a way to objectively verify that one addon is 'better' than another?  Most wouldn't agree with me, but I think the default DA62 with the free improvement mod is 'better' than any other GA aircraft in MSFS.  Again, most would violently disagree with me but that doesn't mean I am wrong, because 'better' is almost always subjective in life, and certainly where flight sim addons.

Got to give it to you and Bob for your ultra hardline defence of the Fenix, against every possible comment about it that doesn't acknowledge it as the most amazing thing to happen to the planet in the last millenium, and that anyone who doesn't feel that way is wrong, stupid and "should be flying Captain Sim".

Tell me something how much simulation is going in the background in the DA62 and compare it to the Maddog, PMDG 737 or the Fenix. I can argue that the Wing42 is better that and the Milviz C310

Edited by jbdbow1970