Sign in to follow this  
GeoSkyman

PMDG 737-700 UPDATE TO 3.0.20 NOW

10 hours ago, Chapstick said:

Oh, you’ll know when that update drops. It’ll be accompanied by a 5 page treatise by Rob explaining why PMDG is so good at doing this thing other devs figured out years ago.

Why the saltiness? If you don't like what they do, why do you expend so much energy criticising?

• Like 7
  • Upvote 2

David Porrett

11 hours ago, Malaromane said:

If I'm reading the list of improvements correctly, it looks like they've added the popout panels!

How do you make them popout ? Doesn't seem to work for me

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz, 32GB DDR4, GTX1080, 2 x Samsung 1TB NVMe, 1 x 3TB HDD, Windows 10 Prof

ALTGR + LM Click

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

7 minutes ago, Nuno Pinto said:

ALTGR + LM Click

Thanks, but its not working for me ....

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz, 32GB DDR4, GTX1080, 2 x Samsung 1TB NVMe, 1 x 3TB HDD, Windows 10 Prof

Display flickering still there for me.

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉

17 minutes ago, willy647 said:

Thanks, but its not working for me ....

Left ALT + click on the panel.

• Like 1

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

3 hours ago, Matt Webb said:

Those bashing PMDG for getting the tip are (in my view) taking a pretty childish view of complex software development.   Its not uncommon for a bunch of devs to be stuck on an issue just needing a fresh set of eyes to give them a different perspective. 

Let's instead celebrate an industry of competivness and cooperation. 

Cheers.

In general I agree with you. But the delicate point on this one is a different. The small devs producing quite good content atm are actually exchanging lessons learned and give advises to others helping each other out. They are quite an active community behind the curtain and even more than us users would expect. The big players don't do that in that way. Even if they get asked things they usually don't answer or pointing to ip. They think they are on a level where competition is more relevant to reach their goals. Thats perfectly fine if a company has reached that level. But at this point they will be measured differently by the community. Small things going wrong that are quite simple will fall back on the dev whatever his name is. And in this case it was a unrequested push information for the fix what makes it quite fun for some to do some finger pointing 😉

And now back testing the update. The only thing that bothered me actually was the flickering pfd. 

Cheers T.

13 minutes ago, David Roch said:

Left ALT + click on the panel.

Must be a keyboard or even regional thing, LALT doesn't work for me 

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Just now, Nuno Pinto said:

Must be a keyboard or even regional thing, LALT doesn't work for me 

alt gr+left click

C. Uygar

Aircraft Maint. Engineer. at LTFJ

2 minutes ago, spitzer45 said:

alt gr+left click

Yeah that's what i said initially 😛

4 hours ago, DavidP said:

Why the saltiness? If you don't like what they do, why do you expend so much energy criticising?

I really don't expend much energy at all typing. 

• Like 1

Great update.

The only thing I'd personally like to see improved is the slight lack of smoothness in the animation of the yoke moving.

• Upvote 2

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

11 hours ago, DJJose said:

I just checked their forum and I'm not the only one:

"starting OPS center gives blank screen and bottom left corner OC2 <-> server ping."

Same message I see on my OC.

For those with blank screens in the Operation center:
anger:
c:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\PMDG\PMDG Operations Center\
on the icon button right click/properties
change high PPP settings
override high PPP scaling behavior
adjustment made by: system
https://ibb.co/b3yK5JJ

Edited by Quasar07
  • Like 1

Saludos:

José Luis Orte Gracia

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

yeEIP.gif

8 minutes ago, Quasar07 said:

For those with blank screens in the Operation center:
anger:
c:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\PMDG\PMDG Operations Center\
on the icon button right click/properties
change high PPP settings
override high PPP scaling behavior
adjustment made by: system
https://ibb.co/b3yK5JJ

Today the update worked without a hitch.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.