Sign in to follow this  
Wise87

Orbx released Boise, 20% initial sale for KBOI

Orbx released KBOI for 2020. To celebrate the release of Boise Airport, enjoy 20% Off until June 6th @ 00:00 UTC!

Features:

• Detailed depiction of Boise Airport
  • Custom Ground Poly
  • PBR textures
  • Custom military static models
  • 60cm Ortho
Edited by Wise87
  • Like 3

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Looks really good.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Had to get it.  For 13 dollars... I spend that on lunch per day.  Boise was my home Airport when I was stationed at Mountain Home. The scenery is better than FSElite preview screen shots but it still has a lack of detail some of you will find intolerable.  However, with AIG traffic at 80%, I'm still running low 40s FPS looking at the terminal... and from inside the cockpit 40-50fps even at dusk on 300 TLOD. Well optimized.   Ground textures are pretty bad outside of the airport.  Landside, is very limited in detail (I don't care, but I know many will)  Then interior is not modeled at all.  Airside, is pretty vanilla. The windows are completely 2d with a texture, no depth at all which is disappointing.  Everything is accurate, everything is modeled, AIG AI works, takes off and lands and parks whit out anything weird. Its a 3.5 star out of 5 scenery to me.  If VerticalSim comes out with their version I think it will be better.  I'm a little disappointed in ORBX quality control. First they allowed AMSIM...which I'm on the fence about and now however this developer is...   

I'll just let you look at the screen shots.  2560X1080 100RS 300TLOD most everything high or ultra, clouds ultra. i7 9700KF, MSI RTX2070super, 32GB RAM.

spacer.png 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by aniiran
imgbb is difficult to work with sometimes
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Thank you for the detailed review. Not sure what’s going on with Orbx but there MSFS recent releases don’t seem to be of the quality we expect from Orbx. I hope they step it up or users will loose faith in the Orbx brand.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Disappointed. Really subpar for Orbx. Will make me think twice on another purchase.

• Like 2

Avsim member since 2002. 1000+ posts on old account.

2 hours ago, aniiran said:

The scenery is better than FSElite preview screen shots but it still has a lack of detail some of you will find intolerable.

Thanks for sharing these screenshots! I mainly fly AS routes, and their planes park only in the C concourse. One of those "intolerable" details that are holding me from purchasing are the missing jetways at C11 or C8A... I see that the Google Maps satellite view doesn't have the jetways showing there so that could be why if Orbx relied on them as a resource. Interestingly, though, Bing Maps satellite clearly shows the jetways existing. Not sure if they've been removed since due to the upcoming A concourse construction, but recent videos on YouTube show that they're still there. At the end of the day, it's not a big deal and I shouldn't be that nit-picky... but maybe there are others who share the same sentiment?

Not from Boise, so ain't gonna tell whether all the gate placements are right or anything like that. But I gotta say I feel like the taxiway textures could use more work, they seem underweathered in many areas, and the whole airport seems rather lacking in clutter. I have the London City airport Orbx did for MSFS, and looking at that I don't see really see issues with either the taxiway textures or the ground clutter, both seem fairly well done in that airport.

1 hour ago, AeroMaster12 said:

Thanks for sharing these screenshots! I mainly fly AS routes, and their planes park only in the C concourse. One of those "intolerable" details that are holding me from purchasing are the missing jetways at C11 or C8A... I see that the Google Maps satellite view doesn't have the jetways showing there so that could be why if Orbx relied on them as a resource. Interestingly, though, Bing Maps satellite clearly shows the jetways existing. Not sure if they've been removed since due to the upcoming A concourse construction, but recent videos on YouTube show that they're still there. At the end of the day, it's not a big deal and I shouldn't be that nit-picky... but maybe there are others who share the same sentiment?

See a lot of the time people go to google, and say yeah that looks right, not knowing the developer also used Google.  A good example of this is AVSIMs LIJC Palermo.  All of the ads you see at the terminal have the save exact placement and content as the 2019 google street view. Additionally, they made the terminal landside wrong because they did not know the terminal had changed since that Street View.  ORBX signed off on it.

Yeah that would be a deal killer. I was not aware they built two gates on C but I see it on Bing. I recall that in 2015.... yeah 7 years ago I know.  The Q400s and CRJ came in at C but the mainline didn't fly - Boise wasn't big enough. Even now PDX is all Horizon Q400s and E75s and there is only 2 mainline flights per day to SEA the rest is QX Qs and E75s.

Everyone keeps telling me that VerticalSim is coming out with KBOI but I do not see it.  They made a scenery for X-Plane but itf it is a port it will be wrong as well.  I see C11 but not C8A. 

I think they need to know about these gates. Too bad Orbx doesn't allow you to leave reviews.  I could tell many people were on the fence so I took one for the team...  Maybe it will lead to the developer taking the critique and improving the scenery.. but probably not.

• Like 2

I have it for X-Plane, so why not. seems a good deal.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

The thing about Orbx for a while now is that you have to check the product description contains a named developer.

If Marcus Nyberg, Misha Cajic or Jarrad Marshall (although the latter is apparently taking an extended break away from scenery creation) is named, you can be sure that the scenery is going to be of a very high quality.
If 'Havant Studio team' appears or there is no-one named, you can almost be certain that it's not worth picking up, unless it's one of your 'must-have' sceneries and is heavily discounted.

The criticism of Orbx's direction of travel has been noted, but who knows if anything is going to change on that front:
https://forum.orbxdirect.com/topic/209722-concerned-about-direction-orbx-is-heading/?do=findComment&comment=1777550

I don't think that it is solely restricted to Orbx. There are lots of other payware developers that seem to be scrambling to make a quick/easy buck after the add-on market collapsed for a while following the MSFS launch announcement.
The new names (e.g. Pyreegue) are exciting and will fill the gap if the established developers don't step-up.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Wow, I think this is the final nail in the coffin for my appreciation of Orbx.

• Like 2

Junk 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

I just got it and love it, for the price you cant beat it.  Well done.

• Like 2

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

Aren't people overreacting a bit? Looking at the screenshots, both here and on the release announcement, I really don't think it's bad at all. It's not up there among the top devs but certainly decent, especially for the price.

• Like 2

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

10 hours ago, F737MAX said:

The thing about Orbx for a while now is that you have to check the product description contains a named developer.

If Marcus Nyberg, Misha Cajic or Jarrad Marshall (although the latter is apparently taking an extended break away from scenery creation) is named, 

If you dig into orbx's structure & down into the "People", you should find Jarrad is now Manager of Free Lance Developers.

T45