Sign in to follow this  
flyinpilot212121

What do you use to monitor temps?

Hi all,

So I just completed my first ever pc build and it went flawlessly, surprised as how easy it was and I’m quite proud of it, I don’t think I’ll ever buy a pre-built again now that I’ve built my pc once. There were moments where I had to google some things but on the overall it’s a simple process,

Anyways, now with the new build I want to monitor temperatures for the next little bit to get some comfort in knowing it’s operating in a decent range, curious as to what is out there to monitor temps? Any recommendations?

Thanks 

• Upvote 1

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Congrats on the build!!👍  Yeah, once you've built your own it's hard to go back to a pre-built.

HWiNFO works great for me.  Lot's of information about your system, and all of it configurable.  I like the portable version (of anything I use).  I also have Core Temp configured to monitor full time (in the Task Bar) the temp and speed of my CPU.

• Like 2

• Like 1

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

I do not see a cooler in your system specs.  I use iCue from Corsair, but it works with the system and my Corsair H100i liquid cooler.

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

SIV64 - System Information Viewer is another that offer robust monitoring capability: http://rh-software.com/

I use it for fan and pump control with the Corsair AIO cooler in my system, to monitor CPU, GPU, chipset and memory temps - works great, but not without a bit of a learning curve. I just couldn't get comfortable with Corsair's software, which seemed a bit intrusive and a little resource heavy.

• Like 1

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

I use...

RealTemp

GPUz

HW Monitor

I also have Aida64 and Intel XTU on my system.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, fppilot said:

I do not see a cooler in your system specs.  I use iCue from Corsair, but it works with the system and my Corsair H100i liquid cooler.

Thank you, my specs below is my old system, I haven’t updated the specs in my sig yet… although I didn’t go liquid cooled in the new build 

Edited by flyinpilot212121

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Thank you all for your great recommendations, I’m trying hwmonitor, not sure on the accuracy but so far looking like temps are good! Perhaps a successful build 😂

20 hours ago, flyinpilot212121 said:

Thank you all for your great recommendations, I’m trying hwmonitor, not sure on the accuracy but so far looking like temps are good! Perhaps a successful build 😂

Yeah, its as accurate as you'll get with software. True accuracy requires dedicated voltage read points on the board and a multimeter. You don't need anything fancy, the standard software will do.