Sign in to follow this  
JDWalley

FBW approach weirdness

20 hours ago, RaptyrOne said:

As with your flap lever having a duplicate setting, possibly another duplicate setting hiding in your controller set up, which might be interfering with AP or throttles. MSFS allows multiple settings for one controller action. Throttles must be in CLB detent with AT on for managed mode to work. Keep watching your FMA information on PFD for indications that something is not right. 

Well, I did check all the buttons on my joystick, and did find one duplicate assignment (and am I the only one that thinks this is a truly dumb design decision?), but it wasn't a button used on any of my prior flights, so that doesn't seem to be it.

What it does seem to be, as far as I can tell, was that I was "cheating" on some of the flights and, since they were short and done with a clear skies preset, I would save time by entering the approach phase info (QNH, temp, winds, and transition level) before the MCDU prompted me for them.  Don't know why that would screw things up (or if it would do the same in the real Neo), but I noticed that, every time I had problems with approach speed, it was when I entered the information early.  Every time I waited until prompted, the approach speed was controlled properly in managed mode, so I guess it must be an issue.

Edited by JDWalley

James David Walley

Ryzen 7 7700X, 32 GB, RTX 3080

You even can enter the weather for approach at the gate (prior to departure). This should make no difference (you should check, if it's up to date when approaching though).

• Like 3

FlyByWire Simulations