Sign in to follow this  
sipos

Blurries or stuttering, take ur pick!

Guest ianrivaldosmith

HiIve ran into a solution for my stutters, by reducing the Texture_band_multi switch from 40 to 20, it has reduced stuttering vastly (albeit in major cities it is still there although there is loads of autogen/textures in those places!)Now by reducing this setting, it increases the blurries even more!So do we have to compromise blurries or stuttering? very strange ? :(Would I benefit from quad core and an 8800 gfx card, or it it money wasted at this point?IanAMD 3800X2ATI X1600XT 256mb GDDR32 Gig DDR2 RAM 667mhzVista Ultimate

Ya - I noticed the same thing. I have TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=.33 and I get way less stutters, especially when I lock the frames to 20 (smooth as silk and never drops below 20). Before I had massive stutters without the TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=.33. I seem to pay the price by adding this tweak though because I think it adds a little more blurries into the picture. Blurries are not that bad though and this tweak makes the program more stable. Try .33, it seems to be right in the middle - and also turn your frame rate down as it seems to allow the ground textures to load more efficiently. I don't think you will benefit much from the 8800 - at least in the way of stutters and blurries because this seems to be a CPU issue. You might want to go for the quad core but I personaly don't think it will have a dramatic effect on performance as everyone seems to have issues.

you mean 33, not .33, that's fiber frame setting...I have mine set at 30 I think...cause I lock at 20, so 3/2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Oh yes, my bad, got it confused with the fiber frame. So yes at 33 NOT .33, WOOPS. Thanks!

Fiber frame is 0.33, not 33. And that is the default setting, not a tweak. What's wrong with you guys?

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White