Sign in to follow this  
Steve Dra

PMDG Announces the 600 and other updates.....

2 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

Wow impressive they sold about 9k copies of the p3d 737.  That's good sales for FSX p3d days.

But that 9K was sold in a time window prior to 31 DEC 2019 only. The discount didn't apply thereafter, so presumably there were more sales made in 2020, etc.,, but we don't know how many. Given the number of forum postings about how unfair that was, one would think that there were many such purchases.

John Wiesenfeld KPBI | FAA PPL/SEL/IFR in a galaxy long ago and far away | VATSIM PILOT P2

i7-11700K, 32 GB DDR4 3.6 GHz, MSI RTX 3070ti, Dell 4K monitor

I am glad there is only one Randazzo. Imagine if every dev gave a freaking sermon every time an aircraft went into beta. The forum would be run out of capacity. Please nobody quote that entire freaking thing again! lol!

Perhaps we could have a special TL;DR sub-forum.

• Like 5

" We are not currently planning any updates for P3D. Our roadmap for development is currently focused on the getting the 737 development for MSFS completed."

• Like 1

Love Randazzo's marketing banter  😃 ! Smart fellow.

I am not a big fan of airliners but I may have a look at the 600 as it can operate from smaller runways than the larger 737 I suppose, thus opening regional airports here and there ? 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

1 hour ago, Barnes said:

Actually, in Rob’s announcement above he gives a date of Dec 31, 2024.

Even better maybe when they release the MAX.

• Like 1

Running i5-9600K @ 4.8ghz - 32GB DDR4 3200mhz - GTX 3070.

8 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

Love Randazzo's marketing banter  😃 ! Smart fellow.

I am not a big fan of airliners but I may have a look at the 600 as it can operate from smaller runways than the larger 737 I suppose, thus opening regional airports here and there ? 

Just set autobrake to medium.

From Randazzo's post:

PMDG's $350,000 Community Investment-to-date:
You'll recall that back when we launched PMDG 737NGXu in November of 2019, we all thought the PMDG 737 for MSFS would a straight forward drag/drop/modify/release cycle that would take about six months. With that in mind, we offered a rare one-time special to all PMDG customers that gave 8,934 of you a $99.99 purchase credit to use toward the MSFS version of the 737 when it released. We built out our ecommerce system to make that process simple, easy and honest for all of you who participated, and as of 31MAY22, approximately 5,000 PMDG customers have redeemned nearly $350,000 in those store credits toward the purchase of a their new PMDG 737 or DC-6 for MSFS.

So 5000 P3D customers redeemed the store credits for a free PMDG 737 for MSFS.

My guess is, if there were 5000 P3D customers that redeemed their credits, probably at least 3 times that amount purchased the PMDG 737 for MSFS, so perhaps 15,000 people purchased the 737 for MSFS.  If 15K people purchased the PMDG 737, the revenue for PMDG would be 15,000 x $69.99 USD = $1.05 million USD (approximately).

Not bad, 1 million in revenue in the first few weeks of sales for PMDG.  And I think my estimate of 15K people purchasing the PMDG 737 is a conservative estimate.  Most likely, it was probably more than 15K.

Needless to say, PMDG is rolling in the dough. I'm sure Randazzo loves MSFS, it's making him rich.

• Like 4

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

44 minutes ago, Greggy_D said:

" We are not currently planning any updates for P3D. Our roadmap for development is currently focused on the getting the 737 development for MSFS completed."

One of his many broken, never delivered promises. So I guess no update to LNAV v2, that was being thoroughly tested on the Queen of the Skies, before implemented to NGXu and the 777, no updated VC on the 777 line up.... This guy cracks me up. 😄 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

8 minutes ago, Johnny19 said:

One of his many broken, never delivered promises. So I guess no update to LNAV v2, that was being thoroughly tested on the Queen of the Skies, before implemented to NGXu and the 777, no updated VC on the 777 line up.... This guy cracks me up. 😄 

Just embrace the pineapple.

Edited by VBHB
  • Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

I have made the 5.5 degree approach to EGLC London City in the 737-600 NGX in P3Dv4. I had the speed brake fully deployed and there were no passengers in the cabin, but it (just about) managed to maintain Vref+5 :smile:

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 3

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Please PMDG, rework the 2D pop up panels so we can use it from the outside view of the plane so they do not stop the update process from there - PLEASE !

I've been waiting for this with joy, now they're finally here and only work half..

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

33 minutes ago, VBHB said:

Just embrace the pineapple.

Nah, I like eating pineapple only. 😉

• Upvote 1

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

1 hour ago, abrams_tank said:

1 million in revenue in the first few weeks of sales for PMDG. 

Microsoft makes millionaires. happened before.

• Like 1

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

59 minutes ago, Johnny19 said:

In any case it's a slap in the face for the P3D users who have been waiting patiently for this update, and it's also not understandable why they would stop so close before the finish line (makes you wonder whether they really had it in testing). This also considering that the 747 is still a long way off for MSFS, and it would be nice to have proper navigational performance at least in P3D in the meantime.

I guess GFO is completely written off...

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3