Sign in to follow this  
pmplayer

PMDG update V.3.0.20

One thing that still blows me away on the FBWA320 (Yes I till fly it) is when the sun hits the glass screens you can see all the dust, I just love that. It looks that convincing I sometimes try to wipe it away ! 

• Like 1

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

19 hours ago, Kilo60 said:

What's in the update?

Two cold beers. 🍻

To each his own, but in my case, I like the brand new cockpit for now, I'm really enjoying flying this bird.

• Like 1

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

I love it. 

However, I have got an issue that I didn't have before the update, which is that I can't get the mouse to raise or lower the gear in VR.  Works fine in 2D but not in VR.  In VR can unlock the gear with the VR mouse, but then - even though the gear lever lights blue with the up and down arrows - the lever won't move at all.  And assigning to the HOTAS gear up/gear down does VERY weird things. 

So at the moment, I have to either fly in 2D or fly everywhere with gear down.  I've put a post in the VR section here before I log a bug with PMDG in case it's something I've forgotten to set that maybe I did in the launch version.  That said, given that it works fine in 2D, I think that is unlikely. 

Everything else so far works a treat.  And I'm fine with the cockpit textures.  🙂  

Ryzen 7 7700x @5.5GHz; ASUS X670-P Motherboard; nVidia 4080 (factory o/c); 32G 5600MHz DDR5 SDRAM; HP Reverb G2

9 hours ago, flyhalf said:

One thing that still blows me away on the FBWA320 (Yes I till fly it) is when the sun hits the glass screens you can see all the dust, I just love that. It looks that convincing I sometimes try to wipe it away ! 

Yer it is cool, but not as cool as when the light is just right, seeing all the scratchers on the windshield from the wiper blades and from the out side when the light is right seeing the "oil looking" marks on the windshiels.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

/side note, anyone else notice that Mentor Pilot has started using the PMDG 737 in his videos.   (he's a 737 line training captain and type rating examiner for RyanAir)

Edited by Waldo Pepper
  • Like 5

12 hours ago, Waldo Pepper said:

(he's a 737 line training captain and type rating examiner for xxxxxxxxx)

If he hasn't given out this info freely you should not be broadcasting it. A lot these guys do not want or like their Airline employer exposed. Not getting Jerky with you, just saying, Many streamers who who are IRL Pilots won't say, and do not want to say. I know he is not a streamer in the flightsim sense, but he does cover some real and shall we say edgy parts of Aviation, I am sure it's ok but still, I dont think you should be exposing his Airline. 

Edited by a321
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I heard the Pmdg cockpit has a new feature: how longer you fly how more wear and tear will actually show.

At first I did not believe it but today after a few weeks of flying I really started to see the first scratches!

15 hours ago, Waldo Pepper said:

/side note, anyone else notice that Mentor Pilot has started using the PMDG 737 in his videos.   (he's a 737 line training captain and type rating examiner for RyanAir)

Yes, I did notice, however I'm quite sure it's not himself who makes these sim vidoes. Also as others noted, please delete the company name here (I was actually sure he'd be flying for a big norwegian company, but I guess I was wrong)

55 minutes ago, rob0203 said:

I heard the Pmdg cockpit has a new feature: how longer you fly how more wear and tear will actually show.

At first I did not believe it but today after a few weeks of flying I really started to see the first scratches!

Huh? Is that serious? That's the first I hear about it. Where did you read that?

39 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

Huh? Is that serious? That's the first I hear about it. Where did you read that?

I don’t think that’s correct....

8 hours ago, a321 said:

If he hasn't given out this info freely you should not be broadcasting it. A lot these guys do not want or like their Airline employer exposed. Not getting Jerky with you, just saying, Many streamers who who are IRL Pilots won't say, and do not want to say. I know he is not a streamer in the flightsim sense, but he does cover some real and shall we say edgy parts of Aviation, I am sure it's ok but still, I dont think you should be exposing his Airline. 

I wouldn't dox someone,  and I don't know him. I found it in a google search.  It's publicly available info on the internet.  It's even in his own bio,  https://es.linkedin.com/in/phornfeldt

I can't delete it.   If you want it deleted,  report my post.

Edited by Waldo Pepper

5 hours ago, DD_Arthur said:

I don’t think that’s correct....

I had not heard this either.  I will say though that in the last year my Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo definitely are showing signs of wear.  Some dust, lots of liquid droplets from the occasional spewing of coffee reading Avsim, etc.  Very realistic IMHO...