Sign in to follow this  
warbirds

PMS50 GTN or ?

I only have the PMS50 free version and no plans to upgrade to the paid version or the TDS. 

Do I understand correctly that when using PMS50 with e.g. the default C172 G1000 you have to uninstall G1000 NXi for the PMS to work correctly?

From https://pms50.com/msfs/aircrafts/:

Note: if you have installed the WT G1000 Nxi package, don’t use this mode (and do not install the extra package). The G1000 replacement mode is only compatible with the stock Asobo G1000.

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

8 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I only have the PMS50 free version and no plans to upgrade to the paid version or the TDS. 

Do I understand correctly that when using PMS50 with e.g. the default C172 G1000 you have to uninstall G1000 NXi for the PMS to work correctly?

From https://pms50.com/msfs/aircrafts/:

Note: if you have installed the WT G1000 Nxi package, don’t use this mode (and do not install the extra package). The G1000 replacement mode is only compatible with the stock Asobo G1000.

No,  you can keep the NXi installed.    You just need to install the syncfix from their Discord.   I have no idea why it's not on their main site,  how are people supposed to even know it exists?

https://discord.com/channels/821149186229534731/847038799766880256/974208295021707274

https://pms50.com/fs2020/gtn750/zWTnxi-0.12.2-sync-fix.zip

Everytime a new NXi is released,   PMS drops a new sync-fix.zip.   You pretty much have to keep an eye on their discord to see it.

That's one thing I actually find useful about discord.   I have joined all of the mod and 3rd party content forums,   when I launch discord I can just glance down the header and see if any notifications exist.  Then I know if there are any updates.

Edited by Waldo Pepper
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Waldo Pepper said:

No,  you can keep the NXi installed.    You just need to install the syncfix from their Discord.

Got it, thanks!

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

23 hours ago, Waldo Pepper said:

The way I understand it,  the default MSFS flight planner and autopilot module does require you to insert an origin and destination in order to shoot an approach.   

The Working Title G1000 NXi from the marketplace does not use the default flight planner or autopilot module,  and it doesn't have that issue.

I just tried the latest PMS50 GTN with WTT mode in the Seminole..

Started at my home airport of CYCD.

Selected Direct-to CYCD and attempted to select an approach... no luck.

Entered Flight Plan Origin and Destination CYCD, selected flightplan RNAV 16 via HADER.

Took off and stabilized flight to HADER at 1400 feet.

Did not want to fly all the way to HADER so selected Direct-to the next waypoint IKMUV, took me right back to CYCD..

All this would have worked correctly on my TDS GTNXi.. not only that, but IKMUV is offered as an IAF for this approach so no need for the HADER detour.

This may not matter to everyone, but for me, it sure is nice when the GTN does what I expect it to do 😉

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Bert

54 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

I just tried the latest PMS50 GTN with WTT mode in the Seminole..

Started at my home airport of CYCD.

Selected Direct-to CYCD and attempted to select an approach... no luck.

Entered Flight Plan Origin and Destination CYCD, selected flightplan RNAV 16 via HADER.

Took off and stabilized flight to HADER at 1400 feet.

Did not want to fly all the way to HADER so selected Direct-to the next waypoint IKMUV, took me right back to CYCD..

All this would have worked correctly on my TDS GTNXi.. not only that, but IKMUV is offered as an IAF for this approach so no need for the HADER detour.

This may not matter to everyone, but for me, it sure is nice when the GTN does what I expect it to do 😉

Hi Bert. Tried this too on the Mooney and had the same results but it works if I first activate the leg from HADER to IKMUV and only after that press direct to IKMUV. That way it skipped HADER and went direct to IKMUV. Maybe you want to try that.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

4 hours ago, Alvega said:

Hi Bert. Tried this too on the Mooney and had the same results but it works if I first activate the leg from HADER to IKMUV and only after that press direct to IKMUV. That way it skipped HADER and went direct to IKMUV. Maybe you want to try that.

I agree.. there may well be workarounds.. but that points out that you have to deal with "What is it doing now" situations, rather than having a unit that works like its real world counterpart  😉

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 1

Bert

Been using the PMS for months now. Just bought the TDS today and Wow. RXP quality here. Nice. 

• Like 1

tpewpb-6.png

PMS did a great job with the free version, but it's always felt like a mod that is still too tied to the default nav behaviour in MSFS.  Almost like a GTN 'mask' over the default behaviour.

I thought hard and heavy about buying the TDS as I believe it's really overpriced (£51 GPB, including VAT).  I think I paid £29 for the RXP versions and a little more for the Flight One versions of the GTN Trainer).  However, I don't regret investing in the TDS for a moment - as Bert says, it behaves and feels exactly like the real unit (being linked to the Garmin Trainer).  All DTO and flight plan modifications work perfectly, and there's none of this depence on "activate flight leg" (rather than DTOs) that's been in the MS code since FS2004.   I find the visuals much smoother when dragging; on the map page, setting custom waypoints, etc.

• Like 2

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

4 minutes ago, Aglos77 said:

Beware that TDS conflicts with PMS.

Shouldn't really be an issue as it's always going to be one or the other.   Either can be removed from the Community Folder when using the other.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

12 hours ago, JYW said:

buying the TDS as I believe it's really overpriced (£51 GPB, including VAT).  I think I paid £29 for the RXP versions and a little more for the Flight One versions of the GTN Trainer).

It's expensive I fully agree. In my experience, customer support is serious an reactive. And language used values the customer.

1) MSFS

TDS : $53.45 without tax. Lifetime license in my understanding. Includes: GTNXi 750 and 650

PMS50: €75 tax included. Premium version lifetime. Includes: GTNX 750 only

2) P3D/FSX

RXP
GTN 750: $34.95
GTN 650: $34.95
50% on the 2nd product

Flight1
Could not retrieve anymore the GTN 750 on Flight 1 website
Could only find G500/G600: $59.95

- TONY -

Currently using the PMS free version.  Thinking I will pay $25 for a year's licence - to get plan saving/loading, terrain, procedures and so on - on the basis that who knows where we'll be in a year?  If I was a US-only flyer, I suspect I'd go with the TDS, but the lack of charts for the rest of the world means the TDS doesn't do it for me, and I don't understand there to be a likely Navigraph way forward for the TDS given it uses the Garmin trainer.

First world problems 😄

Paul Skol

4 hours ago, Simicro said:

It's expensive I fully agree. In my experience, customer support is serious an reactive. And language used values the customer.

1) MSFS

TDS : $53.45 without tax. Lifetime license in my understanding. Includes: GTNXi 750 and 650

PMS50: €75 tax included. Premium version lifetime. Includes: GTNX 750 only

2) P3D/FSX

RXP
GTN 750: $34.95
GTN 650: $34.95
50% on the 2nd product

Flight1
Could not retrieve anymore the GTN 750 on Flight 1 website
Could only find G500/G600: $59.95

The PMS version does have the 650 as well.

• Upvote 1

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414---FSS E175+P2006T---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C-22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

4 hours ago, Sonosusto said:

The PMS version does have the 650 as well.

Sorry, I made the mistake because on their website they talk only about the GTN 750.

- TONY -

I have the TDS for MSFS 2020 and the Reality XP version for Prepar3d...

Not sure you can use both as they both use different databases...Not found a workaround yet..

Dave