Sign in to follow this  
chapstick

It's been half a year since 5.3 came out

17 minutes ago, micstatic said:

satellite scenery and lighting update (to include night lighting) and I feel pendulum swings back to p3d.  But I agree with your Ray.  I'm not sure how much room LM has contractually to go after that.  

The original licence was for it not to become an entertainment product. I don’t see changing to satellite scenery would breach that.

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Just a thought. If all this talk of a dead sim were true , which it is not but if it were could have some advantages. I remember in school back in the Jurassic age being taught Vulgate Latin was used in Medicine, Scientific research and even legal terminology because it is a dead language so meanings are unchanging. That should make it much easier on  developers who would not have to worry so much about their finished product being ruined by another update. PMDG seems to constantly be running into this  with MSFS but they plod along as if this is the greatest thing since milk. I’m quite happy with P3DV5 in it’s present state .

Edited by Patco Lch
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Vic green

That’s basically the story of FSX, isn’t it? When Microsoft shut down ACES studio after Service Pack 2, we were all despondent in our belief that the hobby was doomed. But in fact, there was for several years thereafter a stable platform for the developers, and there was an explosion of new aircraft and scenery products. We saw products that had never made it to development before, as MS had previously issued a new Sim about every 2 years. Developers trotted out the same stable of old standbys, and then a new Sim meant it was time to start over again.

Not saying this augurs well for P3d today, as most of these products were already migrated from FSX to P3d, and developers are more drawn now to the shiny new object and the chance to mine a new user base. Would like to see them make the effort to keep it fresh, since I am not comfortable relying on MS to sustain their efforts once their market has saturated. 
Rich

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, rlashier said:

I am not comfortable relying on MS to sustain their efforts once their market has saturated. 

Rich

I am not comfortable either with it. Though they have something they didn’t before. A marketplace where they get a cut of everything sold. So atleast it’s a little different. 

• Like 2

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

I always liked PS1.3 and I am thinking seriously thinking about going to PSX.  It's a smaller community, but there is a lot of talent there and the main players are always available.  🙂

• Upvote 1

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

Unless something drastic happens, I think we're getting P3Dv5.4. As pointed out, LM has a good contract with the USAF, and as I know the Air Force, they'll continue having requirements for future versions. What I don't know is whether the implementation of those requirements would benefit us. Meanwhile, while the visuals are over there, the high fidelity and completeness of airliner simulations, and possibly the simulator itself is here. 

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

34 minutes ago, BlueStar said:

I always liked PS1.3 and I am thinking seriously thinking about going to PSX.  It's a smaller community, but there is a lot of talent there and the main players are always available.  🙂

What is PSX?

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

13 hours ago, micstatic said:

satellite scenery and lighting update (to include night lighting) and I feel pendulum swings back to p3d.  But I agree with your Ray.  I'm not sure how much room LM has contractually to go after that.  

I am not so worried about satellite scenery. Yes, it is probably nice to look at what is real, but to me, Orbx scenery does just as well. The representation of areas is good enough for what I want. 

I really don't see the need to spend another large amount of money on another sim., when the one I have is quite good enough.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 5

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

11 hours ago, BlueStar said:

Thanks!

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

Some might find this video interesting.

I5 9600k@ 4.8ghz    rx580 limping-along   2x  23" 1080P Monitors

30 minutes ago, rickgo said:

Some might find this video interesting.

Saw the profile pic and knew not to click. This guy does not know what he’s talking about. Useless clickbait. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

Saw the profile pic and knew not to click. This guy does not know what he’s talking about. Useless clickbait. 

+1

This guy is nothing but a spammer !!! He has already been kicked out of many groups on facebook....

kind regards, ggerolamo

spacer.png                       spacer.png

2 hours ago, Chapstick said:

+10

Made the mistake and watched one of his vlogs. Told me all I needed to know. He uses suggestive titles for views.

Edited by Wise87

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

I'm kinda worried if another version of P3D comes out.  Since PMDG is no longer (proactively) working on their P3D products, it might brick them.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home