Sign in to follow this  
chapstick

It's been half a year since 5.3 came out

On 6/5/2022 at 11:24 AM, BlueStar said:

Where's Rob?  He seems to always know what's going on with P3d?

I've wondered the same thing. I haven't seen him on any forum, anywhere, in months.

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

He's been on the A2A forum sorting them out.😊

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

4 hours ago, David Mills said:

I've wondered the same thing. I haven't seen him on any forum, anywhere, in months.

He’s been on the FS Labs forum in the last few weeks.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

It's interesting to know what the Lockheed pilot thinks when he gets home and loads the MSFS after training with P3D.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Flying-Hare said:

It's interesting to know what the Lockheed pilot thinks when he gets home and loads the MSFS after training with P3D.

That he rather load XP12 instead? 🤣

Kidding apart, what did you have in mind with this, would you care developing?

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Like in a professional simulator, I don't think photo-realistic scenery is what really matters to a military trainee.

• Like 2

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

2 minutes ago, d.tsakiris said:

Like in a professional simulator, I don't think photo-realistic scenery is what really matters to a military trainee.

Sounds like a good line 20 years ago. Who's here on Avsim training to be a Military Pilot?

1 hour ago, Flying-Hare said:

I meant that it is much more convenient to navigate on photorealistic terrain.

Ok I understand better now, thanks!

PS: I'd tend to think professional are finding more convenient to navigate aboard an "aeronautical-istic" simulator first, where any single visuals have first and foremost a meaning aeronautically speaking. Whether it is eye-candy doesn't matter much, as long as it conveys the correct and expected aeronautical visuals (read airports lights displaying like IRL, taxiways like IRL, signage like IRL, visibility like IRL - i.e. in feet, not in "whatever cool slider setting means", and more...)

• Like 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

17 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Yes he has, that’s for sure, 😂 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

8 hours ago, jbdbow1970 said:

Who's here on Avsim training to be a Military Pilot?

I don't know, maybe no one. But that's beside the point, as we were talking about the hypothetical military trainee. I do understand the appeal of photorealistic scenery to the average Avsim user.

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

On 6/11/2022 at 3:36 PM, Ray Proudfoot said:

Indeed - Making quite the scene 😏

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

13 hours ago, Flying-Hare said:

I meant that it is much more convenient to navigate on photorealistic terrain.

In the UK they have strict rules for VFR flying daylight only and clear visibility and restricted air space in some areas.  

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

On 6/8/2022 at 7:07 PM, Chapstick said:

Saw the profile pic and knew not to click. This guy does not know what he’s talking about. Useless clickbait. 

Read till the end and you will find out how accurate that video is. I also challenge anyone here to  say why that video in question is clickbait, the title is exactly what is discussed in the video. 

Im not aiming this post at yourself Chapstick, this is for everyone here in this post to read. 

Also, Im sure there is a reason why Robin Ainscough is not talking in this post about V6. 

I just want to say (and correct a few errors being said about me on here)  that I take my You Tube channel very seriously, which means not misrepresenting anything or misleading people. I am very professional with the handling of my channel and although I come across as jovial in my videos, it is meant to be a fun hobby after all, I take flight simulation (the work I do for it) very seriously.  

I have had so much hatred over the years for all the work I have freely put into P3D, a sim, for which I have alot of passion for and love dearly. It comes from FSX which we all know and love and therefore can use some addons in V5. I do flight sim as I have epilepsy and cannot fly in real life, even tho I have had a lesson when I was young before the epilepsy presented itself. WIth Flight Sim, at least I can still learn the procedures and practice the art of flying even with my condition. 

For myself, I only want to bring fun and helpfulness to this community as that is the type of person I am naturally. Im not into ripping people off like Captain Scam and their MFS planes. Im not into making quick money like some indie devs do by stealing other peoples work and passing it under their own brand. Which can be seen on Flight Sim sites. Im not into being negative and hateful on anyone in this community, just because I have an ulterior motive making me do it. No, I want to help (as the creator did of this forum wanted when he created it many years ago) anyone who has an issue with their sim and I know the answer for it. Surely anyone would want to help? 

The hatred I have received tho has been ill informed, coming from people who hate me for who I am and developers selling the information I GIVE AWAY FOR FREE as I ONLY want to help people in the community with any issues they have, I am on multiple teams as a beta tester (currently I have 4 NDAs for various big named flight sim devs) in this community and you all have used products that I myself have first tested and corrected and TWO employers of LM wanted me on the beta team as well. Sadly, when it came down to it, one person on the team didnt like me as I was helping people in his run Facebook group (and his mother/nan passed  away) so he blocked me on both that site and then eventually kicked me from the team. Since then a herd of very nasty people simply spout nonsense about me to create this  character of ill repute about me. Clickbaiter, pedo, spammer, doesnt know what hes talking about and even more than that. I have had death threats, hateful, evil messages sent to me and hundreds of comments that I block all the time on YT vids, from people who either have a mental illness or a motive of wanting to destroy any reputation I have because Im taking money out of their greedy hands by what I do. Which quite simply is too help people. Which I believe is the point of ANY developer support forum.  

I feel lucky that a video can reach far more people quicker, for helping them, than I personally can do by providing one to one support. Thats the only reason I make those types of videos at all. 

The whole point of my YT channel in the first place was because I wanted to see the difference between the default simulator of 4.3 (recent update at the time) and ALL the addons I had at the time. I wanted to look back and remember what I had done. Thats it. 

For all the help I have given out over the years freely, from which I have been gratefully thanked over the last two years by many people. Invites to beta testing, gifts sent to me, money forced upon me (believe it or not I do NOT ask, as three of the biggest streamers on Twitch do, for ANY money for helping anyone one to one. I do it for free) which has made me learn to accept when someone wants to show their thanks back to me. 

I have a current running discord where I help people, much like this forum, in helping people getting their broken sim running again. My videos speak for me to be honest with all the content I have created, the way my sim looks both in videos and on stream. Sadly tho, Ive also seen the other side of flight simulation, like things I have personally done, being used by others on here as if it where their idea in the first place.

I know Im not liked in this group, mainly down to a single troll who sadly passed away from Cancer this year, who was bad mouthing me all over the internet just disagreeing with anything I said.Most likely because he was ill to be honest.  Before he passed he wrote me an email saying sorry for all the trouble he created for me.

I had a previous discord with over 5K people in it (before someone came in, be-friended me, accepted the role of moderator and then stole the discord off me, copy and pasted it for his own. Very clear motive for wanting to be in my discord, not truthfully) Everyone in my discord are all very grateful to be in there to have my help FOR FREE, no silly spam ads littering my discord (literally look to the left or right of your screen on this forum for literal clickbait) to gain me money. ALL the work I do for P3D is 100% free for anyone who wants it. If they dont, then they will walk on. I have helped hundreds of people in two years and was the one responsible for updating TrueSky clouds (again, I saw my config file showing up in here as if someone else had created it) after the 5.1 update ruined the skies from 5.0. 

I have never hated on anyone in this community because that is not who I am. People have taken my videos, tearing them apart, placing comments on them after many years, when the sim has changed and said its wrong. Well it was right when the video was made. Most of these people, alot in here, all have money lead motives for wanting to put down someone who is giving away for free what they use to feed their kids. I get it, its business. But sadly, mis-information can spread even faster than the truth and thats why you all here place comments like you have about me. DOES ANYONE IN HERE ACTUALLY KNOW ME? Not like met me, but had a one to one conversation with me? I bet no, instead, you get your info from someone else or tear apart anything I say to make out like Im the troll, when all I am doing, is trying to illeviate this community from their frustrations with P3D. I do not put anything on my channel that is false, THATS ILLEGAL. I would be sued or my content removed. 

I know a few people who work at LM (and without saying any names or departments) I have had many conversation with  higher heads at LM. One in particular gave me a very detailed and lengthy explaination of what is happening at LM right now. Which I of course can not tell who it was or what they said exactly, what I can do tho is show the evidence that is already out there on the internet. That is what that video is about. I know there are a few LM devs who frequent this forum, I know Rob does and Im sure he probably thinks Im a dick as well, but hey, Rob, you know the truth about what I say for real. Ive got nothing against Rob ( I like him) or anyone in this community. Haters be haters, I dont care. It wont stop me tho from being helpful, nice to people and treating anyone like a human being. Instead of the way I get treated as if Im an escaped convict or something.  

Im sure Ill get blocked off this site now for this post (it usually happens when I speak my mind for the truth) or people will either delete it before anyone reads it (well its in my discord anyways) or most likely, my avsim account will be removed. As usually thats all the haters can do. Try and delete me from the community from helping others (or because they are taking my work and crediting themselves) which is the most shameful thing to do. The dates on my videos are my proof, whats yours for who you say I am? 

this post has gone on for too long now. rant over. 

Edited by adam77

Back on topic...

What would a supposed v5.4 have to include for you to update?

For me, there would have to be at least three of the following (or some showstopper improvement) included:

• Multiple cloud layers (including cirrus layer) when using Volumetric Clouds and ActiveSky
  • Improved lighting - improving the 'dark cockpit' that many have issue with and making bright sunshine appear like it actually is, bright
  • The night sky that we had in v5.2
  • Street lighting that has bloom and illuminates the bottom of clouds
  • Water colour that isn't the same blue everywhere.

Anything else would probably be saved for a hypothetical v6, (though even some of this wishlist is pushing it).

After reading that my 5800X3D CPU would have no notable improvement in performance, I'm sad to say that I'm in no rush to fix my borked P3D install and get it going again.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter