Sign in to follow this  
chapstick

It's been half a year since 5.3 came out

On 6/4/2022 at 9:58 AM, Chapstick said:

5.4 has got to be around the corner, right? I don't use P3D much anymore but would still welcome updates to the platform for use with the aircraft/airports that haven't made it over to MSFS yet. Usually we get some hints from the beta testers but nothing yet...

Yeah ever since PMDG came out with the 737 for MSFS I haven't touched P3DV5 at all. So much better. 

Wayne Larsen

I have been testing MSFS and although graphically it is a portent when I add the P3D addons I don't find the latter "much worse".

-offline ATC (fingers crossed that FSHud works out).
-Capability to direct AI traffic to a certain runway.
-chaseplane (I can't deal with the MSFS camera system, sorry).
-FSLabs...

-Historical weather.

In the end I ask myself "is it worth abandoning Prepar3D v5.3?" and my answer is "no".

And notice, I wanted MSFS to work out in my case. I think it needs more development and two or three addons... despite the good things that are undeniable, it is still not enough (FROM MY POINT OF VIEW).

PS: But I insist, P3D v5.3 may be my last P3D.

Edited by Juliet Alpha
  • Like 3

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4

1 hour ago, Juliet Alpha said:

For me I am going to stay with P3D until v5.5, then I will decide if I switch to MSFS if P3D v6 comes out and it's not much different than v5 was.

Are we going to have 5.5?

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4

IF(!!!)  big vendors (PMDG/FSL etc) would continue to support P3D, I will stiick with P3D no matter what. I can fly in the niceties of the MSFS with the default Daher - I don't need PMDG for it. 

• Like 1

I use P3D 5.3. I open MSFS sometimes, but I get bored pretty quickly. The scenery is overwhelming. Overall though, MSFS is a game, a toy and P3D a flight simulator with all its flaws. I'm waiting for A2A to come out with their Comanche. When that happens I'm not sure it will change my mind, MSFS is above all a toy to attract children for a little while.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Thomas ( Sundsvall, ESNN, Sweden)
P3D V5.3 HF1, Intel 9 9900K Oc 5 GHZ 16MB, Corsair Hydro H150i PRO RGB 360mm, ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB ROG, 2 Corsair Force M2 MP600 1TB+500Gb, ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO Z390 MB, Corsair 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200Mhz CL16, Fractal Design Define S2 Vision, Win 10 Home, BenQ 32" PD3200U 4K IPS monitor

A2A, Majestic Q400, Leonardo Maddog, IFly B737

32 minutes ago, Seat* said:

Overall though, MSFS is a game, a toy and P3D a flight simulator with all its flaws. 

Surprised people still peddle that drivel. 

• Like 7

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

10 hours ago, Juliet Alpha said:

I have been testing MSFS and although graphically it is a portent when I add the P3D addons I don't find the latter "much worse".

-offline ATC (fingers crossed that FSHud works out).
-Capability to direct AI traffic to a certain runway.
-chaseplane (I can't deal with the MSFS camera system, sorry).
-FSLabs...

-Historical weather.

In the end I ask myself "is it worth abandoning Prepar3D v5.3?" and my answer is "no".

And notice, I wanted MSFS to work out in my case. I think it needs more development and two or three addons... despite the good things that are undeniable, it is still not enough (FROM MY POINT OF VIEW).

FSlabs? Fenix does not fill in that gap? From the reviews I see it seems it is superior (although I haven't tried it)

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

2 hours ago, Seat* said:

I use P3D 5.3. I open MSFS sometimes, but I get bored pretty quickly. The scenery is overwhelming. Overall though, MSFS is a game, a toy and P3D a flight simulator with all its flaws. I'm waiting for A2A to come out with their Comanche. When that happens I'm not sure it will change my mind, MSFS is above all a toy to attract children for a little while.

What a ridiculous statement, MSFS is a toy.  I have been simming for 3 decades and a real life pilot since the late 70's.  MSFS is the best sim I have ever used, and it keeps getting better.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

Do the MSFS guys bring their own knives when they enter the P3D play pen, or are they free gifts at the turnstile? :wink:

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

7 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

What a ridiculous statement, MSFS is a toy.  I have been simming for 3 decades and a real life pilot since the late 70's.  MSFS is the best sim I have ever used, and it keeps getting better.

Is MSFS a product sold and licensed for commercial use ?

If not then what else is it but a toy, a nice shiny one at that, but never the less still a toy.

Cheers

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

2 hours ago, Sethos said:

Surprised people still peddle that drivel. 

Whilst you may not agree with him it’s an opinion he is perfectly entitled to. Posting that opinion in the P3D forum is fine. I’m not sure why MSFS users are reading these posts.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

57 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Having played "you bet your job" in Level-D simulators, I can assure you that MSFS is just a toy.  😉

• Like 6
  • Upvote 4

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

3 hours ago, Shomron said:

FSlabs? Fenix does not fill in that gap? From the reviews I see it seems it is superior (although I haven't tried it)

I haven't tested and don't intend to buy knowing that one day FSLabs will have their Airbus family on MSFS.

But I did see the "interesting" FBW.

4 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Whilst you may not agree with him it’s an opinion he is perfectly entitled to. Posting that opinion in the P3D forum is fine. I’m not sure why MSFS users are reading these posts.

I would assume they wind up reading them here for the same reason you and other non-MSFS users end up chiming in on threads there, where calling P3D or XP a "toy for children" would result in a thread derail and a lock in under an hour.  Followed by the obvious point that some people dabble in more than one sim, and thus read more than one subforum.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 2