Sign in to follow this  
chapstick

It's been half a year since 5.3 came out

You're spreading the same kind of nonsense about P3D that you say others spread about MSFS...

• Upvote 1

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

2 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

With all due respect, Ray.....the scenery never takes a back seat for me, no matter how fast or high I want to fly. Granted, I rarely get above 6000 feet in my PMDG taxis, but I would still need to know that the scenery is good if I was flying 60000 feet above it. Welcome to OCD Central :wink:

I didn’t say it did Chris and it doesn’t for most of my flights in other aircraft. But if you’re seeing scenery from Concorde at FL600 then supersonic flight over populated areas is something I don’t do. Oceanic flights only > Mach 1.

One exception - JFK to Vancouver flying over northern Canada was permitted back in 1999 as part of a world tour and the track had to be followed very accurately.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

2 hours ago, Multisim said:

First of all, many if not most P3D addons that go into beta never see the light of day. Or the developer release the beta marketed as a final product and charge you for it and then run away. But of course a few developers will keep releasing addons.

Your post is clearly incitement but I’ll not hide it because it would deny others the opportunity to see how your mind works.

You clearly don’t do your research before posting tripe like this. Pity. If you did you might have saved yourself from looking extremely foolish.

FS Labs are a highly respected organisation that has been around for many years. I know how they operate having met the main man and lead programmer several times.

They deliver what they say they will.

If you post any more inflammatory comments on this topic there will be consequences.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

10 hours ago, Multisim said:

So which one was not true? 

Nearly all.

You say you have been working on development for a couple of decades, that is the difference.

To the normal user, P3D in its current iteration, is the most stable version yet: no OOMs, no CTDs, good FPS very occasional hiccups and what "bugs?. Use AS, as most do and you have near perfect weather. Use a commercial ATC and you have ATC..

It may not be your ideal, but for me I see absolutely no need to spend more money on something that will not give me any greater enjoyment.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 4

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

I think people should spend more time using whatever sim platform they want to use, and less time spouting uninformed nonsense about the others.  And that goes for MSFS users as well as P3D or XP ones.  It's a waste of energy.  People will gravitate toward whatever platform they gravitate toward, and the chips will fall where they may.  If there's enough P3D users for add-on makers or LM to keep working on the platform, they will.  If there isn't, they wont.  That'll be driven by business considerations, not whoever gives the best rant here.

We live in a time where PC storage is dirt cheap.  If someone wants to keep all three sims installed on their computer until the heat death of the universe, then who cares.  It's a hobby, not a political party.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 6

For the record.....is the ATC in Microsoft Flight Simulator better than that in P3D? I think that I already know the answer, but confirmation is always better than assumptions :wink:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

FSHud is much better than P3D and MSFS 2020 put together because it supports AI traffic to avoid conflicts on the ground as well as in the air and it is compatible with both, although it still suffers from some improvements, it is constantly updated updated to be more and more efficient.

Cordialement,
Jean-Marc.

ASUS ROG STRIX Z790-F, i9 13900K, 64 Go DDR5 Ram 4800 Mhz, RTX3090, 3 SSD M2 1TO, Alimentation Bequiet  1600 W, 2 Benq W1080ST

On 7/2/2022 at 11:39 PM, Ray Proudfoot said:

FS Labs are a highly respected organisation that has been around for many years. I know how they operate having met the main man and lead programmer several times.

Had you read my comment properly, you would have seen that my comment was a generic response and not something about FS labs specifically. It was a reponse to the terrible argument that just because a big developer releases something new for P3D today it must mean that P3D is a blooming market. This is simply not true. They release because the decision was made years ago and noone can afford to ditch a product that has been in development for years.

I assure you that no big developer will ever again invest thousands of hours starting from scratch to create a big P3D addon that has a release date years from now. It's not a my sim is better than your sim flamewar, it's pure business and clear thinking. We know this because most of the developers already told us. And we know this because LM couldn't care less about us as the community. If that's still not obvious for everyone I really can't help you. Oh, and If you don't think there has been a huge problem with developers releasing unfinished but expensive products, or not releasing promised products at all, well congratulations that it didn't affect you. I'm not saying you can't enjoy what you have but if you try to convince me or yourself that FS9 or FSX or P3D is a blooming market, someone has to speak up. We saw the exact same arguments from people investing all that was left of their money on FSX addons. Because FSX was not dead, they said. It did not end well.

On 7/2/2022 at 11:39 PM, Ray Proudfoot said:

If you post any more inflammatory comments on this topic there will be consequences.

There you go again. I've written nothing but constructive arguments but got nothing but threats and name calling back. Not a single constructive argument.

If you other guys wonder why there are only a few P3D hardcore fans left here and almost nobody with a deviating opinion, it's because the rest had "consequences", e.g. got banned or having their comments moderated (which in practice means you can't say anything even close to being negative about P3D, no matter how true it is).

Edited by Multisim
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3

15 hours ago, IanHarrison said:

To the normal user, P3D in its current iteration, is the most stable version yet: no OOMs, no CTDs, good FPS very occasional hiccups and what "bugs?.

Did you read the first page of this very forum lately? We see topics about OOMs, CTDs, bad FPS, gpu driver issues, stucked loading, various bugs.  Everything I said. In fact, that's pretty much the only topics we see here these days. All of them including the mandatory MSFS bashing of course.

Edited by Multisim

On 7/2/2022 at 10:26 PM, d.tsakiris said:

You're spreading the same kind of nonsense about P3D that you say others spread about MSFS...

Sir, can you tell me a bit more specifically what I wrote that was nonsense and that can't be backed up with facts?

18 minutes ago, Multisim said:

Had you read my comment properly, you would have seen that my comment was a generic response and not something about FS labs specifically. It was a reponse to the terrible argument that just because a big developer releases something new for P3D today it must mean that P3D is a blooming market

I read it properly. You didn’t differentiate between responsible developers and others. No one in this topic has said the P3D market is “blooming”. We’re all aware of the situation.

20 minutes ago, Multisim said:

They release because the decision was made years ago and noone can afford to ditch a product that has been in development for years.

That is true of FS Labs. The Concorde conversion from 32-bit to 64-bit was complicated. The release of MSFS in that time further complicated their situation. But an announcement of it going to beta is imminent.

23 minutes ago, Multisim said:

I assure you that no big developer will ever again invest thousands of hours starting from scratch to create a big P3D addon that has a release date years from now. It's not a my sim is better than your sim flamewar, it's pure business and clear thinking.

Again, you appear to think we’re unable to work that out for ourselves. Stop being so patronising.

23 minutes ago, Multisim said:

And we know this because LM couldn't care less about us as the community. If that's still not obvious for everyone I really can't help you.

I’m not aware anyone has asked for your help.

24 minutes ago, Multisim said:

I'm not saying you can't enjoy what you have but if you try to convince me or yourself that FS9 or FSX or P3D is a blooming market, someone has to speak up.

There you go with your patronising comments again. You seem to think you’re talking to a group of people and you’re the only adult. Do you understand how annoying your comments are?

26 minutes ago, Multisim said:

I've written nothing but constructive arguments.

That’s not how I’ve read it and no one else has either according to the responses. You’ve come to this topic to cause friction and unless your tone changes markedly in your next post it may well be your last. We don’t discipline people for having a different opinion but your posts are intended to be inflammatory. Change your attitude and quickly.

28 minutes ago, Multisim said:

If you other guys wonder why there are only a few P3D hardcore fans left here and almost nobody with a deviating opinion, it's because the rest had "consequences", e.g. got banned or having their comments moderated (which in practice means you can't say anything even close to being negative about P3D, no matter how true it is).

No one is disputing numbers have dropped but that doesn't give you the right to post entirely negative replies. You’re simply here to cause aggravation.

You don’t say what simulator(s) you’re using. Pray tell.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

7 hours ago, Multisim said:

Sir, can you tell me a bit more specifically what I wrote that was nonsense and that can't be backed up with facts?

"Lack of communication" is mostly true, but not technical, rather political. The rest is either not P3D's fault (drivers, settings too high for hardware), true for MSFS as well (bad ATC, bad updates), misleading (core 0 "abuse") or simply wrong (lack of updates). Please stop stating your opinions as facts ("most P3D users never look outside of their P3D bubble"), you have no way of knowing this. You seem to be intentionally reading stuff into what is being written here, to serve your agenda of bashing P3D.

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else