Sign in to follow this  
stephenbgs

Experiment is the USA

Hello everyone

I was just wondering what is the most reasonable answer to this issue i noticed after a bit of experimenting.

I've noticed allot of FPS, Smoothness, this plane v's that plane topics and this one falls in the FPS category but not in the typical Hardware, weather, AI Traffic or graphic settings, but on location mainly USA and therefore my question is was world update 2 optimized in a slightly different way? I have only one FS PC so my test was not thorough nor by any means complicated and to be quite frank it was brief so therefor ask if some folks on here can they confirm similar experience? 

After  months or so mostly doing my flights in Europe and Australia i can not figure out why USA is such a performance hit. Was WU2 different and could it be part of the reason some people have poor sim experience?     

I have a pretty vanilla Install with a mid range system, the sim is up to date and with every world update and add-ons only include PMDG, FENIX, FBW, JUST FLIGHT 146, I do NOT use Toolbar push back or ground addons, in my test all airports were default ( except EKCH and EIDW) and Aircraft involved were both FENIX and PMDG engines running at the gate

Conditions were same time of day clear skies and NO Traffic. Cockpit view frames locked to 30 to give it an easy target to hit, and a small wait to let aircraft systems initialize.   

Some of the results were obvious and others were not so much        

EIDW 30 Fps ( MK Studios) 

EGLL 30 Fps

EGLC 30 Fps

EHAM 30 Fps

LEBL 30 Fps

EKCH 30 Fps ( Fly Tampa)

LFPG 30 Fps

YSSY 30 Fps

RTJJ 30 Fps

KLGA 17 Fps

KBOI 28 Fps

KPHX 17 Fps

KDFW 30 Fps ( Why is Dallas the easiest on frames ) 

KMSP 18 Fps

PANC 30 Fps

KPDX 17 Fps

KLAS 18 Fps

KATL 17 Fps

KMCO 18 Fps

With no weather and no traffic is there any reason for this? and personally i found FENIX and PMDG Identical on frame except at KLGA the the 737 got 19 frames. Obviously KLGA is gonna be hard on the system but i see no reason why London is smoother then default Boise or Vegas or Orlando, Great performance out of Dallas tho

Thanks for reading this far,

Any thoughts?

Edited by stephenbgs
  • Like 1

Stephen

Asus Z170 Deluxe, 32 GB DDR4 Dominator Platinum, i7 6700k mild overclock, GTX Titan ( Pascal ) Win10

There is a strange known issue where having photogrammetry enabled in other continents significantly lowers performance at PG cities in the USA. There are threads on it here and on the official forum but I don't have the time to look for them right now. 

• Like 1

Martin 

Sims: MSFS and X-plane 11

Home Airport: CYCW - Chilliwack, BC Canada

i5 13600KF 32GB DDR4 3600 RAM, RTX3080TI  HP Reverb G2

4 minutes ago, turnandbank said:

There is a strange known issue where having photogrammetry enabled in other continents significantly lowers performance at PG cities in the USA. There are threads on it here and on the official forum but I don't have the time to look for them right now. 

I'll Disable PG and do quick test thanks for the tip 

Stephen

Asus Z170 Deluxe, 32 GB DDR4 Dominator Platinum, i7 6700k mild overclock, GTX Titan ( Pascal ) Win10

38 minutes ago, turnandbank said:

Hole in one Martin, thank you. I need to keep more up to date with the sim, now siting at KLGA at 30Fps i owe you a beverage of your choosing 🍻, cheers Martin have a great weekend 

Edited by stephenbgs

Stephen

10 minutes ago, stephenbgs said:

I'll Disable PG and do quick test thanks for the tip 

As far as I understood, it's not just disabling PG but just deinstalling a bunch of PG WU files via Contents Manager. Details are in the official forum.

And yes, it's indeed kind of a strange miracle.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

4 minutes ago, darshonaut said:

these thing imo also depend a lot on server connection at the time and how much is going on at those servers. MSFS streams a lot of data to you.

Agree. I Got 1gb fiber direct to the house so its the server connection speed

Stephen

22 minutes ago, pmb said:

As far as I understood, it's not just disabling PG but just deinstalling a bunch of PG WU files via Contents Manager. Details are in the official forum.

And yes, it's indeed kind of a strange miracle.

Kind regards, Michael

That is probably correct if your aiming for higher frames then 30 but just disabling PG worked a treat just hopped over to KSFO and siting pretty at 30 when i upgrade my system ill see what to remove from content manager

Thanks Michael  

Edited by stephenbgs

Stephen

8 minutes ago, stephenbgs said:

Agree. I Got 1gb fiber direct to the house so its the server connection speed

The stream into your home has nothing to do with the path from Asobo, through the internet, and then to your ISP. It can get bogged down anywhere. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 minute ago, Bobsk8 said:

The stream into your home has nothing to do with the path from Asobo, through the internet, and then to your ISP. It can get bogged down anywhere. 

Yeah that is what i mean its latency issues downstream from the servers or even the servers themselves  

Stephen

16 minutes ago, stephenbgs said:

That is probably correct if your aiming for higher frames then 30 but just disabling PG worked a treat just hopped over to KSFO and siting pretty at 30 when i upgrade my system ill see what to remove from content manager

Thanks Michael  

KSFO is the airport where I detected the hard fps hit first, already during the SU9 beta.

The really bad message is, if you glance through the official forum and the Q&As, you get the impression Asobo themselves doesn't seem to have any clue what they broke. The topic has been raised numerous times in numerous threads and several Q&A questions and they dedicatedly avoided any statement in that matter so far.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

2 hours ago, stephenbgs said:

Hello everyone

I was just wondering what is the most reasonable answer to this issue i noticed after a bit of experimenting.

I've noticed allot of FPS, Smoothness, this plane v's that plane topics and this one falls in the FPS category but not in the typical Hardware, weather, AI Traffic or graphic settings, but on location mainly USA and therefore my question is was world update 2 optimized in a slightly different way? I have only one FS PC so my test was not thorough nor by any means complicated and to be quite frank it was brief so therefor ask if some folks on here can they confirm similar experience? 

After  months or so mostly doing my flights in Europe and Australia i can not figure out why USA is such a performance hit. Was WU2 different and could it be part of the reason some people have poor sim experience?     

I have a pretty vanilla Install with a mid range system, the sim is up to date and with every world update and add-ons only include PMDG, FENIX, FBW, JUST FLIGHT 146, I do NOT use Toolbar push back or ground addons, in my test all airports were default ( except EKCH and EIDW) and Aircraft involved were both FENIX and PMDG engines running at the gate

Conditions were same time of day clear skies and NO Traffic. Cockpit view frames locked to 30 to give it an easy target to hit, and a small wait to let aircraft systems initialize.   

Some of the results were obvious and others were not so much        

EIDW 30 Fps ( MK Studios) 

EGLL 30 Fps

EGLC 30 Fps

EHAM 30 Fps

LEBL 30 Fps

EKCH 30 Fps ( Fly Tampa)

LFPG 30 Fps

YSSY 30 Fps

RTJJ 30 Fps

KLGA 17 Fps

KBOI 28 Fps

KPHX 17 Fps

KDFW 30 Fps ( Why is Dallas the easiest on frames ) 

KMSP 18 Fps

PANC 30 Fps

KPDX 17 Fps

KLAS 18 Fps

KATL 17 Fps

KMCO 18 Fps

With no weather and no traffic is there any reason for this? and personally i found FENIX and PMDG Identical on frame except at KLGA the the 737 got 19 frames. Obviously KLGA is gonna be hard on the system but i see no reason why London is smoother then default Boise or Vegas or Orlando, Great performance out of Dallas tho

Thanks for reading this far,

Any thoughts?

Delete all world update PG files in the content manager. This will give you 10-20 more FPS in the USA near PG cities. Google for it if you want to know more details and backgroud.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, pmb said:

KSFO is the airport where I detected the hard fps hit first, already during the SU9 beta.

The really bad message is, if you glance through the official forum and the Q&As, you get the impression Asobo themselves doesn't seem to have any clue what they broke. The topic has been raised numerous times in numerous threads and several Q&A questions and they dedicatedly avoided any statement in that matter so far.

Kind regards, Michael

Ah yes i remember the infamous SU9 update now, its amazing to think remnants of that update are still an issue despite it being flagged during beta,

I have not visited the official forum in well over a year so out of interest do you know if there is a performance hit with PG turned on in the Xbox version. I do not own an xbox but i would imagine if it was a problem with the console version Asobo would have found a solution a long time ago       

Stephen

22 minutes ago, Phantoms said:

It's in the MSFS tips forum:

Thanks for the additional info gotta be honest tho IMO it photogrammetry from the USA seems to be my problem 90% of my flights of my flights are in  photogrammetry regions UK,France, Germany, Austrailia

Im going to remove the files from the content manager as your link suggested to tomorrow and see if there is a greater increase

Thanks for the info

Stephen