Sign in to follow this  
Mike S KPDX

Working Title WT... impact?

I have posted similar in the past, but I wanted to ask a more clarifying question to the community here.  I understand that some (all?) of the WT group are consulting (or employees of?) MS (or Asobo?).  I also understand that they also continue development on their own with their own products (freeware) and have a discord (which I do visit).

Curiosity question for us here: 

Have we seen any specific results from their work in the MSFS base product via official MSFS updates? (not mods available from the MS store), just in the SU and WU packages.

Just trying to get an idea here of how much influence WT has had on MSFS to date as I am really excited about WT and their work.

• Like 1

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

"trying to get an idea here of how much influence WT has had on MSFS to date "

• WT has played an important role in making MSFS acceptable to those used to highly functional realistic avionics instrumentation in the cockpit. 
  • The agreement with Microsoft gave commercial formality to what was a fast growing community of collaboration for improvements . Aircraft (the CJ4) and Instrumentation (The Garmin line).
  • There are videos in the internet about this engagement, I think as part of the development webcasts from Microsoft with Asobo, which included the WT folks.
  • Lately, WT has focused on getting the G1000Nxi as real as possible and Microsoft has been publishing he updates within he SU or WU release cycles.

One hopes the improvements make it to the other garmins soon.

Best,

• Like 1

AHS712D Alvaro Escorcia KSGR/OMAA
AirHispania Virtual Airline
MSFS / ASUS TUF Gaming F15-Refresh-144Hz / 11GenIntel (R)Core (TM) i7-11800H
NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX3060GPU / 1TB-Samsung SSD / 32GB-RAM
SAMSUNG-SmartMonitor-M7-32"4K

Importantly, WT is working on an avionics framework which I think will be the basis for much improved avionics.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mike S KPDX said:

I have posted similar in the past, but I wanted to ask a more clarifying question to the community here.  I understand that some (all?) of the WT group are consulting (or employees of?) MS (or Asobo?).  I also understand that they also continue development on their own with their own products (freeware) and have a discord (which I do visit).

Curiosity question for us here: 

Have we seen any specific results from their work in the MSFS base product via official MSFS updates? (not mods available from the MS store), just in the SU and WU packages.

Just trying to get an idea here of how much influence WT has had on MSFS to date as I am really excited about WT and their work.

The G1000 NXi will replace the G1000 at some point for all the default GA planes in MSFS that use the G1000.

WT is also scheduled to do the same thing to the G3000 that they are doing  to the G1000 NXi. And WT is scheduled to enhance the avionics of the 787, I think.

They are scheduled to work on more avionics, than what I wrote above.  Maybe somebody can make a list of their upcoming work for MSFS.

• Like 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

WT are a separate group to Asobo, it seems. Its not that clear where these devs are from or if they are paid. There is also no clear roadmap for WT. It is known they are working on a big update to the G3000 and possibly G5000. It is rumoured they will improve the in-sim flight planner (it needs it). It is not known if they will develop a GTN 750xi or a baseline EFB with radars for MSFS?

• Upvote 1

Just to clear things up here, since there's some pretty interesting speculation going on.

Working Title Simulations, LLC, is now a professional software development company (since March 2021), presently working as a first party on Microsoft Flight Simulator (like Asobo, but much smaller). We were formed by five of the original CJ4 and G1000 mod developers, and amongst those five founders we have one private pilot (15+ years) with 20 years leading IT businesses, one ATP (and part time devloper), one lead architect (18 years systems and development experience, previously lead on a ground up engineering of a large scale distributed real-time financial system), and two principal developers (both around 2 decades of development experience in automation, data science). Presently we have 5 additional talented developers who have joined our ranks since, some of whom you know in the community and/or with WT mod projects in the past.

If you follow our Discord, you may already know this, but we are currently split into a few teams: one team is focusing on the G1000 NXi, one team is on the PL21/CJ4, one team is on the G3000/5000, and one team on the GNS430 and GNS530. All of this is work as part of the MSFS team just like any other sim work, and will make its way into the simulator proper, mostly likely, but not necessarily, after following the Marketplace early access pattern we chose to use for the G1000 NXi. The G1000 NXi is the first instrument slated to be included in the sim. There are other projects that are on the roadmap, but you'll have to watch this space later this year for more news on those. All of the work listed above is not based on any of our old mod code, so timescales are measured in multiples of quarters and not weeks, but we expect all of those things to land during the course of this year.

As we have also mentioned in the past, we have been tasked with improving the sim flight plan system backend (not the UI/world map/etc). The beginnings of this work as a bridge will be seen when the G1000 NXi lands in the sim, and then will be fully completed over the course the following 8 to 12 months. This touches a lot of internal sim systems and so we can't really commit to any specific timelines or featuresets right now. We have no plans to make any GTN units or baseline EFBs at this time.

As far as concrete sim additions, we have contributed numerous bugfixes, a large number of API and JS SDK enhancements, new simvars, traffic map improvements, lots of navdata upgrades, atmospheric and altimetry changes, and have released an official JS avionics framework, but we have had most our efforts focused on the avionics side, and that's where you'll see our work hit the sim most visibly in the future. You may even see a small (but a lot more visible) bit of our work land in SU10 😉. No promises, but keep your eyes peeled!

• Like 40

3 hours ago, MattNischan said:

presently working as a first party on Microsoft Flight Simulator

the best thing that happened to the core MSFS simulator since August 2020! great respect and gratitude to you and your team!

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

I'm really glad MS hired WT

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

always what a difference between a post from Matt/workingtitle and RSR/dramatitle 😊

• Like 2

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

Nothing on the 3gx.  They cant make everybody happy.

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD

To appreciate what WT has done for MSFS, the G3000 mod improvements allow for chart integration. This makes aircraft that use the G3000/5000 more like the real thing. State-of-the-art simulation. I'm a fan of the WT team from day one. THANK YOU!

• Like 3

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I suspect when the G1000 NXi does land stock in the sim, there will be many confused pilots that are use to the current G1000 not using the NXi mod.

James

11 hours ago, MattNischan said:

If you follow our Discord, you may already know this, but we are currently split into a few teams: one team is focusing on the G1000 NXi, one team is on the PL21/CJ4, one team is on the G3000/5000, and one team on the GNS430 and GNS530.

Hi Matt, any chance that the 3GX might get a visual make-over?  My favorite RV14 has this gauge staring me in the face.. 😉

Bert

21 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Hi Matt, any chance that the 3GX might get a visual make-over?

Unfortunately, right now the G3X is not on our roadmap. But, perhaps down the line some time, I know it is a popular instrument.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MattNischan said:

Just to clear things up here, since there's some pretty interesting speculation going on.

Thank you Matt.  Concise, clear, and to the point of the question asked.  Great work and we all look forward to your teams efforts.

• Like 2

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K