Sign in to follow this  
cchiozza

Comms Issue - Changing

I have the Copilot setup to change the comm freq. and they change to correct freq then immediately change back? I dont get it. I am using the Logi radio stack

Edited by cchiozza

Chris Chiozza

That's an issue with the aircraft not allowing external programs to change its frequencies.

Some have an option to allow this or a setting in their ini files.  Others just don't allow it.

Dave

Ahhhh, Got it. Thanks Why would a dev ever want to not allow that is beyond me. Steve Jobsish

Chris Chiozza

Tried both the pmdg737 and the fenix and once in the air you cannot change the freq???? That makes no  ********* sense. Because MSFS cannot make an ATC program we get no ATC?? Seriously?

Edited by cchiozza

Chris Chiozza

PMDG works fine for me. Even the AI pilot can change the frequency. It's not a problem at all with P2A or PMDG. Can't speak for Fenix, however. 

I would suggest asking on the PMDG forums or the official MSFS2020 forums if you're having problems with this. 

Edited by HalalPilot

This has nothing to do with P2A. It's (your configuration of) the Logitech radio panel conflicting with MSFS, P2A, or both.

Edited by jstnj
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, cchiozza said:

Tried both the pmdg737 and the fenix and once in the air you cannot change the freq???? That makes no  ********* sense. Because MSFS cannot make an ATC program we get no ATC?? Seriously?

got both  and  have  no issues  with the co pilot  changing  freq

• Like 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Ok I give how do I fix it. I unplugged the Logi Radio and same thing. Would love to know how make it stop. All standard config as far as I can tell. Just plugged it in.

Edited by cchiozza

Chris Chiozza

24 minutes ago, cchiozza said:

25 minutes ago, cchiozza said:

Ok I give how do I fix it. I unplugged the Logi Radio and same thing. Would love to know how make it stop. All standard config as far as I can tell. Just plugged it in.

In your p2a  settings in  config   p2a  set up  have  you got   the  ignore avionics  checked?  i  havnt  got  your  logi  radio   stack  so that will be  your  issue

Edited by pete_auau

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

5 hours ago, pete_auau said:

In your p2a  settings in  config   p2a  set up  have  you got   the  ignore avionics  checked?  i  havnt  got  your  logi  radio   stack  so that will be  your  issue

I do not have ignore avionics checked. I will reconfirm. Thanks...

Chris Chiozza

22 hours ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

That's an issue with the aircraft not allowing external programs to change its frequencies.

Some have an option to allow this or a setting in their ini files.  Others just don't allow it.

Dave

I tried checking the ignore avionics and still the same thing using b737. See video below

https://share.icloud.com/photos/046on2eA__tRwM1_ww8p07uFg

Chris Chiozza

Ignore Avionics really only affects whether or not P2A can sense that the radio is turned on.

The video shows that P2A makes the change and then it is changed back.  This is the behavior I was mentioning before when the aircraft doesn't allow the external program to control the radio.

Likely you will be able to change the frequency from the cockpit.

You can try the default Beechcraft Baron and it should work correctly.

Dave

Thanks Dave, I thought I read where other folks were able to get it to work...Thanks

Chris Chiozza

19 minutes ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

Ignore Avionics really only affects whether or not P2A can sense that the radio is turned on.

The video shows that P2A makes the change and then it is changed back.  This is the behavior I was mentioning before when the aircraft doesn't allow the external program to control the radio.

Likely you will be able to change the frequency from the cockpit.

You can try the default Beechcraft Baron and it should work correctly.

Dave

Dave, I guess there is something else going on when I change the frq manually in the plane, same thing happens...

Chris Chiozza