Sign in to follow this  
nudata

Uninstall Of SP1 Update??

I had to reinstall FSX. Since my system is lo-end (2ghz, 1gb ram) I found no outstanding advantages with SP1. However, I have a dangerous curiosity that I may have missed something. Thus the question - assuming I install SP1 but I find it is not offering me any real improvements, and may actually cause some blurring. Then I want to remove it via the Add/Remove window. Does anyone know if this actually works? Will I end up with an inoperative FSX? Or, will it place me back to the pre-SP1 state cleanly?Regards,Dick BoleyA PC, an LCD, speakers, CH yoke

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

Of course it uninstalls.And of course it takes you back to RTM.So far, it appears blurries happen with specific 3rd party scenery.

Guest The Wizard of Oz

I can quite understand and sympathize with the frustration at ACES Phil for all the hard work you guys put into SP1. But all of the posts I have seen indicate that it is not just 3rd party scenery problem but that SP1 behaves differently to RTM re texture loading.Here is an example in the tileproxy thread:"Finally , with SP1 , I encounter multiple problem with scenery loading . I tried many tweaks explained here , but nothing to do .When I am flying , I must pause the sim and ask for a refresh , then loading restart and the area becomes very sharp .With RTM and Beta 4 , I never encountered this . (NB)I tried many settings , with texture_band_width and others parameters , but when I fly , TileProxy stop all activity , abd I have to pause the fly and refresh scenery .With SP1 , the terrain engine seems to be most different and gives blurry problems ."Yes we know that the methodology of TP tile loading is FS9 style butif it were just a 3rd party scenery problem I would expect the same outcome with RTM and SP1. Clearly this is not the case.WOZ

Sorry Phil, but that is not correct. Lots of people without 3rd party addon scenery are getting the blurries with SP1, including me.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

So did you go thru the process I outlined in the other thread, to try to categorize the problem?

>I had to reinstall FSX. Since my system is lo-end (2ghz, 1gb>ram) I found no outstanding advantages with SP1. However, I>have a dangerous curiosity that I may have missed something.>Thus the question - assuming I install SP1 but I find it is>not offering me any real improvements, and may actually cause>some blurring. Then I want to remove it via the Add/Remove>window. Does anyone know if this actually works? Will I end up>with an inoperative FSX? Or, will it place me back to the>pre-SP1 state cleanly?>>Regards,>Dick Boley>>A PC, an LCD, speakers, CH yokeAdd yourself another gig of ram. Im running on a 2ghz machine also an

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Guest The Wizard of Oz

Heres another one at TP thread:"OKSP1 dumpedTP works ace; Horizon VFR works acemonths waiting fpr what - ironically introduced all the issues SP1 was meant to get rid of lolRich"(I'm not trying to be malicious here Philbut constructive! to resolve the difficulties of a fabulous program).WOZ

SP1 does run well except for the blurred textures since the rendering function cannot keep up even at 80 knot speeds in a Cessna. However, the original FSX also had problems if I loaded it up with clouds, etc. But with reasonable settings it worked at Cessna top speeds on 2ghz CPU. Those same settings in SP1 produce mostly blurred textures up to the time they pass directly below the aircraft. The REALLY blurred textures that suddenly appear are an entirely different animal. They occur on my system with lots of addon objects in a viewed scene under both FSX and FSX/SP1. I agree that not only do I need more memory a faster CPU (single core) is a must as well. I had hoped to wait for DX10 and then go to a PCIe board with a new video card. With inflation poised to rise, dropping $1,000 to make FSX/SP1 work well is disturbing.And to Phil, if you read this, I am sorry that the redesign did not work well. If I were in your shoes I would try to develop a set of recommended settings that allow a low end dual core to function. Reconstitute the Beta group and refine the settings before making the changes public. Then, at least, you have a baseline. Too many people are wasting their time trying to find the magic value set. Everyone needs a baseline, as do you for further refinements. If I spend $1000 to upgrade I do not want it to be on "a wing and a prayer" - old aviation talk....Regards,Dick BoleyA PC, an LCD, speakers, CH yoke

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA