Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Blurry 1 and blurry 2

Well, that settles it... I can't believe this. I have Blurry 2, where textures load by the time you pass them. When I look outside to the left (like I do in the shot further below), I expect to see crystal clear textures. I shouldn't be seeing textures load while I'm almost there. Well, today I started testing. And I was done pretty soon...Here are my test-settings:http://i15.tinypic.com/4uy10yh.jpghttp://i18.tinypic.com/4uyius1.jpghttp://i19.tinypic.com/4mn28h2.jpghttp://i15.tinypic.com/4zedk77.jpghttp://i11.tinypic.com/52z9p1f.jpgEVERYTHING is as low as it can be. I goofed up on the mesh setting (should one lower) but okay. I left the Texture res on 1 m on purpose because I figured the high res textures would of course never show up if I put that slider to the left...! I wanted to see if the textures with the highest res would be there at my arrival or not. Resolution is the native res of my screen.Well, if you see how extremely low my settings are and if you consider I've got a E6600, 2 Gb Ram and a 8800GTX (running on Vista Home Premium 32 bits) with no programs running in the background (only standard Vista stuff), you would expect this test would give glorious results.Well, no.Even before I had SeaTac behind me, I could see, even with THIS settings, textures were loaded at the last moment. I took a picture when SeaTac was out of sight on the left. And even with this AWFULL view (just look at the cockpit textures), I could CLEARLY see textures popping up (too my amazement, because I never thought I would be able to see it with all those shimmering pixels...)! The textures ABOVE the red line were still not loaded at highest res at that position!The image has been resized of course, but maybe you can still see it. http://i12.tinypic.com/67o7cxl.jpgNow maybe I am asking too much when I say those textures should have been loaded by then, but I don't think so.Apparently this problem has NOTHING to do with the load FSX puts on the computer because using the settings I used on my computer with my specs shouldn't give any problems at all. The textures just get loaded too late, period! I really don't know what should help here... not on my computer anyway. If THIS doesn't work, nothing will...EDIT:I see I had land detail textures still on and ships at 5%. But still I think I shouldn't be seeing textures loading with these settings...

Okay, I went there again, just to be sure, now turning of Land detail textures, mesh and ships completely to the left and Texture resolution at 5 (otherwise I could hardly see ANYTHING down there...). And still the textures are loaded too late. Here is the pic I took (horrible, isn't it?). At the moment of taking it the texture above the red line wasn't at it's highest yet. A second later it was.http://i7.tinypic.com/6b4pjrb.jpgApparently this already is too much for my E6600 2 GB ram 8800GTX system...I'm beginning to wonder if I DO ask too much... Maybe the textures aren't supposed to be loaded at that distance... I'm a mistaken...? Or am I asking too much...?BTW This is pretty close to the distance everything gets loaded when I use my normal settings. Which are A LOT higher.

Guest cbuchner1

Beware, running Filemon greatly slows down all file accesses by about a factor of 4 on my system. So you won't get any significant result when trying to log file accesses at the same time as running your sim.

hey man for those tests you need to set your level of detail radius to large...that's why you see those clearly defined mip levels....

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Blurries 2 here. Just went through the same test on my system. All sliders to the left and everything off except Level of Detail radius on large; texture resolution at 1m and frame rate locked at 20. Textures close to the plane still can't keep up, always popping in and out from 2m to 1m resolution. Sometimes when I switch views quickly I will also get "Blurries 1" although they will slowly catch up again. With my usual settings for flying which include very dense autogen and scenery complexity, 80% mesh resolution, and modest traffic, and 1x high water the blurries 2 are only very slightly worse than with the above test with everything to the left. I tried this test in areas with and without addon scenery with the same results.ASUS A8X-SATHLON64-4000 oc to 2.5 GHZ2048mb PC3200RAM7900GS KO 256mb GRAPHICS CARDWD 120GB IDE DRIVEMartin

Martin 

Sims: MSFS and X-plane 11

Home Airport: CYCW - Chilliwack, BC Canada

i5 13600KF 32GB DDR4 3600 RAM, RTX3080TI  HP Reverb G2

>hey man for those tests you need to set your level of detail>radius to large...that's why you see those clearly defined mip>levels....>>Bummer.. you've got a point there. :( But Phil said to set all sliders tot the left, so... ;)

What puzzles me is that Aces seem to not have a clue on how to fix this problem,when it should be very simple. If these blurries (and also the stutters) were induced by SP1 (because they didn't exist in RTM), isn't it simple to undo what have been done in SP1 and by trial and error or exclusion detect what is causing this? Looks pretty simple to me.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Given there hasnt been a solid clue on what specifically is causing this, I believe you are way over simplifying.Even with the data this week that in some cases ( not all ) the blurries are confined to photo-scenery, the fact that the LOD radius had no effect means my first guess was wrong.We have to wait for the investigation with Horizon to complete, just for the photo-scenery case.That still leaves the other type of blurries.

Out of curiosity, what if you start at the lowest texture resolution and move just that slider towards 1m?

All this posting of screenshots seems like a somewhat inefficient way to solve the problem. J van E, couldn't you just Fedex your PC to Phil? :DTo those bemused by the fact that ACES haven't been able to diagnose or fix this yet, you should try a software engineering job. You'd be amazed at the number of problem reports you get that are apparently widespread but utterly impossible to reproduce in the office.

I will give that a try as soon as I can (which unfortunately might not be before saturday).

Guest stems

I cannot understand much the difference between the blurries but one thing that I have been testing repeatedly and noticing repeatedly is that I get short hesitations where the picture seem to freeze for a few seconds. After reading on this form somewhere I tried a particular location in Scotland and repeatedly I get this short hesitations every few minutes. The pictures attached should show my situation if anybody wants to give this a try. I tried this with different settings but get the same hesitations mainly at the same places.My system:-ASUS P5W DH Deluxe2 Gbyte MemoryWinFast PX7950 GT/TDXWinXP Pro SP2No Addon Scenery FSX Deluxe + SP1

I experienced Blurry 1 when trying out TileProxy..Most of the time however, I experience Blurry 2 to the point where the textures are sometimes blurrier than FS9's 4m tiles. With a Fiber setting of 0.75 I get a mix of 2m and 1m tiles in front of the aircraft.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Guest RonB49

Hi J van E,I thought that I would resurect this thread to report what happened to me. I have not experienced blurries either before or after SP1 until yesterday. Yesterday, in never-ending quest for the holy grail of frame rates, I decided to experiment with AA and AF. I have always set functions on my video card, because in previous versions of flt sim that seemed to be the only way they worked.Yesterday I set the video card's AA and AF both to "Application Controlled," then I turned on AA in FSX and selected Trilinear filtering.I was immediatly presented with type 2 blurries.I changed the FSX filtering to Anisotropic and the blurries were gone.I am currently running with FSX controlling AA and AF and I'm pleased with the result. The frame rate seems marginally better and the stutters seem to be reduced. Am I imagining this? Perhaps but I'll try it for a few days. The picture is very smooth (no jaggies).I don't know if you have tried this, nor do I know if it would help you but it's worth a try. I looked through the posts to see if you had listed your hardware but I didn't find anything. I have an ATI X1300 Pro 256MB card running Omega Drivers.If you haven't tried this, it's worth a shot.R-