Sign in to follow this  
sipos

no BUFFERPOOLS or TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH in default FSX.CFG

Is it normal to not see these two setting in the default fsx.cfg? I can't see them when my FSX creates an new cfg file. I am wondering if some computers print them and other don't? Im kind of interested to see what my default values were as I have added them and I see some improvment in the blurries and stutters. Anyone know a way to see your default texture bandwidth and bufferpools? here are what they look like. Note: ()'s = brackets(GRAPHICS)TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=n(BUFFERPOOLS)Poolsize=n

The TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT you should see in your fsx.cfg. The BUFFERPOOLS you shouldn't. The default values are respectively 40 and 4000000.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Thanks for the reply! I will have to double check when I get home but I cleary remember having to add TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT to my FSX.cfg. Did other have to add it? Again I might be mistaken about this and I will have to double check my memory once I get off work.

Guest sunbear

I believe that the: TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT= is under the [DISPLAY] category in the cfg file. I've got mine set to 30.jack

Guest sunbear

Sorry, I meant to say that the TEXTURE_etc. is under the [DISPLAY] category in the cfg file.jack

Edit: Ok, it's sort of true. My fsx.cfg does not include a TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT under GRAPHICS section but it is present under DISPLAY. I added TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=30 under GRAPHICS aswell and I noticed some improvment. Can others try this and see if you notice improvments?