Sign in to follow this  
flycln

PMDG not planning to update LNAV for P3D

Remember that long-awaited LNAV update that was finally going to fix PMDG LNAV on all planes? 

All PMDG planes are still using some awkward old nav code from the early 2000s that doesn't do ARINC424 leg types correctly, you've probably noticed when trying to fly DME arcs or RNP approaches.

You know, the update that Randazzo has twice said "has been given to the 747 testers and we'll roll it out as soon as we get good feedback"? To the whole P3D product line.

Yeah, that one's not coming to P3D anymore. They've claimed back in late 2021 that it's in testing if I recall correctly, and again this year. And that they'd port it over to MSFS after. Well...

spacer.png

Edited by flycln
  • Upvote 6

I have to admit...I'm not surprised...

I'll also expect the 777 rainmaker and DC-6 to P3D v5 update/installer to vaporize as well.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

I wouldn't hold your breathe. I'm surprised (given that RR is a RW 747 driver) that this hasn't driven him crazy and been fixed long ago......or maybe he doesn't fly his own product anymore and just doesn't really care too much. Really annoying considering that the world has/is moving to RNAV/RNP performance based approaches.

Cheers

Steve Hall

I just feel sorry for the money I wasted on them and not on iFly.

PS: if I eventually migrate to MSFS I have $100 in my PMDG account but I don't want it, enough of supporting these people. I don't trust them anymore.

• Like 13
  • Upvote 9

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4 and MSFS

Yeah when i bought the 777-200ER I think in my head rain maker and the VC update were not far behind.  So paying that kind of money to get the efb and soon those updates made it somewhat ok.  But looking back on it, that may have been one of the least valuable purchases I've made in p3d.  I guess I just view it as a sunk cost.  

• Like 7
  • Upvote 6

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

I think this is their way of saying their are exiting the PMDG market.  They’ll support it for a few more years but nothing new anymore. 

• Upvote 1

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

Can't say I'm surprised. Along with the 777 VC update, the MAX and who knows what else, looks like PMDG won't be delivering on any promises they made to their P3D based customers.

If it wasn't for the fact that PMDG had the official licences from Boeing, I think there is definitely room in the market for another developer to jump in with some quality Boeing aircraft. I feel like PMDG has had the Boeing market to themselves for far too long now and could really use some healthy competition . 

Edited by james42
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 5

ŁMe thinks the old boy doesn’t mind telling a fib now and then. Buyers beware.

I hope the rascal reads this.

Edited by Patco Lch
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Vic green

If I only got the cockpit update as promised I would be happy.

When I ever make the move to MSFS, PMDG products will not be a part of it now.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5

RR good salesman, but when it comes to delivering he falls massively short of the target.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 6

15 minutes ago, james42 said:

If it wasn't for the fact that PMDG had the official licences from Boeing, I think there is definitely room in the market for another developer to jump in with some quality Boeing aircraft. I feel like PMDG has had the Boeing market to themselves for far too long now and could really use some healthy competition . 

Official licences is not exclusive licences, there are plenty of other Boeings around for P3D as well.

• Like 1

yeah I mean the iFly Max is already confirmed coming to p3d.  the NG already here.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

RSR reminds me of Star Citizen's Chris Roberts.  Both megalomaniacs and will create outright fabrications in order to sell more product and lead people on. They both have no shame.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 5

This reminds me of a comment I heard from a jaded flight attendant I dated for a while back in my 707 days.  "Only dogs are loyal."  🤣

• Like 1

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam