Sign in to follow this  
flycln

PMDG not planning to update LNAV for P3D

Have to go where the $$$ is(Xbox mostly),in order to remain viable as a company,and fund more airplanes,Programmers don't work for free.....

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

5 hours ago, flycln said:

Randazzo has twice said "has been given to the 747 testers and we'll roll it out as soon as we get good feedback"? To the whole P3D product line.

Yeah, that one's not coming to P3D anymore. They've claimed back in late 2021 that it's in testing if I recall correctly, and again this year. And that they'd port it over to MSFS after. Well...

That's exactly right.
And apparently, there are people not understanding why there is so much animosity against RSR.
Me and other people based on false promises we bought this 737 for MSFS in hope of his deceiving statements that this issue with LNAV will be fixed for this new platform.
Besides this, this 737 (compared to Md83, A320, and the 146) flies like a small twin. Oversensitive, exaggerated moments of inertia, still difficult and oversensitive in directional control during t.o and landing roll. 
I really don't understand how others managed to get it right despite ASOBO's shortcomings and his team is not able to perform to the standards of the others.
Something is terribly wrong here.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 6

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

It isn't that customers of PMDG aircraft for P3D do not understand that a company exists for profit. It is about this company, which made a significant amount of profit from these same customers, whose leader said that the very same updates mentioned for MSFS were also going to be available to P3D customers, but now is suddenly saying that the company is not developing for P3D. This surprise change of direction erodes confidence, loyalty, and generally makes for poor customer management. Most P3D users knew that PMDG would eventually cease product development for P3D, but they were at least expecting that what was said (promised?) would be done. These kinds of moves are what makes former market leaders. 

David

• Like 13
  • Upvote 6

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

Maybe they are jealous of captain sims reputation and are trying to one up them?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5

@David Vega Could not have said it better myself.

Look at GFO, it still promised on their 737 sales page for release in 2020 lol.

• PMDG Global Flight Operations compatibility (when PMDG GFO is made live in late 2020!)

This I assume would be both useful to MSFS and P3D, so what happened to it?

Great salesman, terrible project manager would be my guess.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Loyalty goes both ways.  I have been a loyal customer for many years buying all products, they have not been loyal to me with their broken promises and I no longer have them as my buy unseen products.  I may buy them if they meet my needs better than others but I will be looking hard and buying a lot slower,.

• Like 3

Harry Woodrow

Gentlemen please please please !!!
have some understanding, don't keep harassing KoB ( King of Boeing ) Randazzo with your useless and boring complaints. He is very busy, he is counting the money called MSFS ! And he still has to write many of his "funny" long sermons full of promises....promises...promises for MSFS enthusiasts, like he used to do with us for P3D, remember ? And if he doesn't keep his promises......Amen, the only real and concrete target is ...... their credit cards.

Watch out KoB, they are increasing more and more good developers, the boomerang is already flying, one day we will have fun because all your empty promises will no longer be enough.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Can I suggest that if you’re disappointed / annoyed with this decision you post on the PMDG forum. RR won’t be reading this place.

Some of you might remember the outcry when Navigraph announced the end of the FMC update package a couple of years ago forcing subscribers onto the far more expensive Charts package. Such was the negative reaction they were forced to backtrack in a week or two.

We all paid good money for the PMDG 737 and are just as entitled to the same quality as MSFS users are. If enough complain it may cause them to reconsider.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

8 hours ago, Juliet Alpha said:

PS: if I eventually migrate to MSFS I have $100 in my PMDG account but I don't want it, enough of supporting these people. I don't trust them anymore.

Forgive me for interjecting here and it’s obviously your choice to do what you want but aren’t you just shooting your self in the foot over this?

• Upvote 1

Yes,

this is now why my 737NGX is now relegated to DEFUNCT status in my P3Dv5 installers folder…

dead loss of an investment…

What a total kick in the guts to those of us been waiting for years for them to actually do this - then turn around and say they're  not.  None of their planes can accurately follow a SID to save their lives.  It's a bug fix for crying out loud.

My fondness for PMDG has been diminishing for some time, and this really is the straw that  breaks the camel's back.
Sorry to say it, but they have mislead us.

They'll spin it as changing development guidelines, but he knows he's mislead the community.

I notice the moderators are busy there deleting any mention of their broken commitments.

If they think I'm spending extra with their credit for the MSFS version, they can think again.

That's it for them with me.  I no longer trust them, and I won't be getting another of their products.  

PS where has Dan Downs gone from PMDG beta testers?

Edited by VHOJT
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, DD_Arthur said:

Forgive me for interjecting here and it’s obviously your choice to do what you want but aren’t you just shooting your self in the foot over this?

No you're not - you paid for the P3D version (handsomely).

You have to pay more to get the MSFS version, so if you don't, that's less  money for PMDG and more for you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Can I suggest that if you’re disappointed / annoyed with this decision you post on the PMDG forum. RR won’t be reading this place.

Some of you might remember the outcry when Navigraph announced the end of the FMC update package a couple of years ago forcing subscribers onto the far more expensive Charts package. Such was the negative reaction they were forced to backtrack in a week or two.

We all paid good money for the PMDG 737 and are just as entitled to the same quality as MSFS users are. If enough complain it may cause them to reconsider.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

I wrote my complaints multiple times about the way things are going these days, but usually two things happen  when one writes criticism:

- I am never seen as someone important on their forum because there are so many other more known customers in their eyes there and never get a reply or het ignored.

or

- Get shouted at that my thinking is absurd or it doesn’t make sense and that this is the future and I just gotta move on and accept that P3D is nothing in their eyes anymore.

Venting my frustration over on PMDG’s forum gets me nowhere as there are hundreds of people defending their reasoning and then it always feel justified from their sides. I feel like I (we) are getting nowhere with them on their forum. They claim to listen to their customers but all I see is every constructive critique just falls to deaf ears.

I also suggest just the same just like Ray is saying, to go over to PMDG’s forum and let’s start a new thread and let’s show them how much we still care about P3D product line. But let’s behave yeah?! 😉😅 Good luck to all of us.

P.S. I don’t want to start a new thread, they never care about what I have to say for some reason (and I have always behaved well), so I invite others who are but more famous on these forums to start off 😉😆

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Balint Szarka

CPU Intel i9 9900K OC'd to 5Ghz

RAM 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz (2 x 16GB)

GPU 8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2070 SUPER

@Balint Szarka, make it clear your post is addressed to RR and no-one else. After all, it's him who makes these decisions so only he should be defending his decision. If others jump in defending the situation point out to them in polite but firm terms they are ineligible to answer what is a commercial decision.

Keep posts relevant to facts, not opinion. If there is a known LNAV problem and you can point to any post that states it will be fixed for P3D copy that into your post.

Those who bought the P3D version (I did twice) our money is just as good as those who have bought the MSFS version. I they have fixed it for that version then fixing it for P3D should not be that difficult.

Ultimately it's down to each customer and how strongly you feel about being abandoned by a company who has benefitted from customer's cash.

• Like 7

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, DD_Arthur said:

I feel angry because I trusted them. How can I continue to use their products?

Yes, "word not allowed" for them all.

• Upvote 1

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4 and MSFS