Sign in to follow this  
flycln

PMDG not planning to update LNAV for P3D

1 minute ago, sdirand said:

Wait a few hours for an "official" troll to start the fire in the thread, followed by an official warning that the thread could be locked. Then another "official" flamebait to add oil to the fire and then PMDG officialy closing the thread.

Happend all the time 😉

I’ve already had one reply to my post. I’m ignoring it and suggest everyone does the same. Don’t give them a reason to lock the topic.

• Like 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

12 minutes ago, GCBraun said:

When did RR said that P3D versions would never be updated? It just makes sense for them commercially to focus all their development effort into ramping up their MSFS fleet.

Once that is done, they will probably evaluate how things are on P3D's side of things and decide if updating the LNAV is worth it or not. 

Let be serious. We all know that P3D is on the decline and unless they come back with a 6.0 way better than MSFS, it won't change and can only go worse.

IF PMDG wait for the release of the the complete 737, 777 and 747 lines before updating their P3D products, we talk about 2024 at the earliest. At that time, without a new stunning P3D 6.0, updating the PMDG P3D line will be useless for most users.

If they need to do it, it's now or never. It is maybe already too late and should have been done in 2021 while they had time to allow ressources to it, having hurdles to cross  with the MSFS developments.

Edited by sdirand

12 minutes ago, Nocturnal said:

[...] All those issues exist in MSFS as well and I highly doubt if they will be fixed even in the new platform when those issues existed in the P3D since years and they still didn't fix it despite several complaints/posts about it.
I am pretty sure they made the plans of P3D exit since the launch of 777-200ER. Who would in their right mind price an expansion pack at $77.72. Of course it was clear that their strategy was to squeeze out as much money as they can from their last product in that platform. All they have been doing is lieing to P3D customers that they are working on the P3D updates.

These are some of RSR's quotes when the 200ER was launched. In short, trying to woo us to buy their most expensive expansion pack. All they have been doing is lieing to us and that will not change. Once all their products are out in MSFS (or maybe even earlier due to the backlash of the P3D users), they will publicly abandon P3D assuming that most of us have moved on to the new platform. I thought Aerosoft was bad but PMDG is the even more bad. At least Mathijs  from Aerosoft publicly mentioned that they won't be supporting any products from P3D instead of being "Michelangelo" (which RSR apparently calls himself).

I made the mistake of buying the -200ER expansion believing that PMDG were reputable. I truly thought that they would honour their commitment to continue developing their expansion and fully update the 777 as per RSR's comments that you linked.
"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice..." well, there won't be a second opportunity. After these latest 'words of wisdom from the Master', PMDG has now gone on my 'never buy' list.

The love for a 737 appearing in MSFS (Bredok monstrosity aside) has, IMO, glossed over just what a low grade port the MSFS version really is.
FSElite's review of it sums it up perfectly, and yet the response from RSR was:

With respect to Calum- I wouldn't buy the "fair and balanced" thing. There is some serious dishonesty taking place behind the scenes that we have grappled with for years. It is how he gains clicks for his site. That is the game he plays. - RSR"

That, and the dismissal of constructive feedback from paying customers (in spite of the noise of all the word not allowed-posting) to help improve their products, means I have no desire to give them any more of my money.

It will be a considerable wait, but I'm really hoping iFly (or another quality developer) comes along with a 737 in MSFS to show up just how much PMDG has been resting on its laurels and taking its customers for granted for so long.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 4

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Not surpried. I have been waitng  for a B747 update in final beta  testing  for more than a year.

Best.

Miquel.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Juliet Alpha said:

Aerosoft.

PMDG.

Who wants to be the next banned on my list?

Don't forget some previous entry:

Blackbox Simulation

Captain Sim

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, VHOJT said:

I notice the moderators are busy there deleting any mention of their broken commitments.

Hmmm...can’t see any evidence of any posts being deleted.

The original question and RR’s response are still there.....

@F737MAX  Wow.  I didn't see that RSR responded to that FSElite write up.  It's actually shocking his response was what it was.  I mean every thing I read in the review (Plus and minus) I agreed with.  I guess the fall from the top hurts and can be hard to accept.  One thing that even RSR probably wouldn't be able to deny.  In terms of historical business, very few companies stay on top for too long.  Especially those that stop innovating.  Usually complacency breeds lack of innovation.  Then at the same time, competition is invited to seize market share.  

• Like 9
  • Upvote 3

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Ah, I hadn’t appreciated the LNAV problem exists in MSFS. That being the case it perhaps suggests it’s not something that can be fixed. Did it exist in earlier versions of P3D / FSX?

I may well buy MSFS but will only use it for low-level sightseeing trips. It’s there where it excels over P3D. But I won’t buy any PMDG products since they don’t make any VFR aircraft.

I’m travelling to Ireland later today so my time here is limited for a week.

Oh wow you are coming to Ireland. I live in Dublin, Ireland. Don't believe anyone that the weather is that bad. It's grand it just takes a bit of getting used to haha 😄 Good luck and enjoy your stay!

• Like 1

Balint Szarka

CPU Intel i9 9900K OC'd to 5Ghz

RAM 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz (2 x 16GB)

GPU 8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2070 SUPER

38 minutes ago, DD_Arthur said:

Hmmm...can’t see any evidence of any posts being deleted.

The original question and RR’s response are still there.....

They deleted mine. Title was “What’s Going On With PMDG”?  It was a simple and factually correct statement concerning a unannounced release of a DC 6 patch for MSFS and the delayed (at that time) update for the MSFS 737. I then said that PMDG has done better in the past. That was it, about twenty words or less. It drew comments very similar to the comments seen in this thread. No one was disrespectful or rude, at least what I saw. 

After about 12 hours and 15 comments it was deleted, NOT locked.  I Wrote cmakris (PMDG admin) asking him what happened to my post. His response?  CRICKETS!

-B

Edited by btacon
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Balint Szarka said:

Oh wow you are coming to Ireland. I live in Dublin, Ireland. Don't believe anyone that the weather is that bad. It's grand it just takes a bit of getting used to haha 😄 Good luck and enjoy your stay!

Totally agree.  The weather in Dublin was fantastic.  Never sweated once.  Then landed in atlanta and felt miserably hot and humid. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Very disappointing to read this thread. I had a feeling for a while with the eternal 'beta-testing' period that this may well happen. At least I now know not to hold my breath.

I'm not sure If I will join the boycott crowd personally just yet - though I will be playing close attention when they eventually port the 747 to the other sim, and in particular to any competitors who may be showing up around that time.

PUT In the UK.

AMD Ryzen 5 5600x & Radeon RX570 8GB. Prepar3Dv5.3 @1080p

spacer.png

As an old customer, I have almost all the products (except DC6). 

Since 1997 (25 years ago) for a long period of time they were a top-notch company.

For a few good years, the quality of the products (especially, LNAV, VNAV, and A/P) functions start to be a noticeable issue. Instead of addressing these major functionality problems, PMDG, actually RR, chooses to continue releasing and porting over to new platform (s) the same broken items with total disregard to the customer request (complains).

Other developers managed to overcome these problems without blaming the market, waiting for whatever tools or other excuses. 
On top of that, RR makes questionable (deceiving) statements that he will release to the public fixes that are in testing progress and with the release of the MSFS he will have it ready implemented.
Unfortunately, not true, and on top of that dropping the ball regarding support for P3D.
Today, with this MSFS we have a couple of other developers that managed to provide us with a few midsize jets that don't suffer from so many bugs and major navigation (FMC, MCDU) functionality issues, and better quality aerodynamically characteristics, flying close to a midsize jet, not like a light twin.
Personally, with this kind of approach, I don't see any bright future if RR continues to make these kinds of decisions.
Right now, his reputation is quite damaged and many of us having his products don't feel comfortable with this or even purchasing anything else from PMDG under these conditions.
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

9 minutes ago, LRBS said:

Right now, his reputation is quite damaged

Very true.  Look at the comments over at FSElite and Flightsim Reddit.  The tide is turning on them.  In addition, these comment sites are immune from the PMDG Defense Force™.

• Like 1

i too can only express my disappointment at this and hope that it is just a misunderstanding of "no updates planned" ...

I had purchased a few more items during the last sale anticipating some future updates but now do feel a bit burned... even then I still feel the worst for the 77.72 owners 😞 who definitely got bait and switched

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Balint Szarka said:

Two hours after leaving Cheadle Hulme I’m now in the Premier Inn, Holyhead. Ferry at 09:00 tomorrow. I’m travelling to Ballyconnell. Sadly nowhere near Dublin. I’ve brought my umbrella. 😁

Sorry for the off-topic post folks.

• Like 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather