Sign in to follow this  
flycln

PMDG not planning to update LNAV for P3D

2 hours ago, B777ER said:

Perhaps you have never been in a position to run a team dedicated to accomplishing much of anything, but you find that often times the real world requires adaptation, grit and effort. We have communicated this often and clearly.

This drama you are helping to foment is entirely imaginary and speaks poorly to your character 

All the best, PMDG Simulations

So let me get this straight; you get all this infractions/points deduction nonsense.... and you also get a pm from the CEO.... of personal abuse?

Extraordinary!!! 😲

• Upvote 4

So here we go again against somebody that is expressing dissatisfaction.
Instead of fixing bugs he's quite busy fighting and threatening the customer.
Way to go RR, instead of apologizing he continues to be a "professional".

Active Infraction (Points: 2) (Reputation Penalty: 20)

Misinformation Campaigner

Left By

rsrandazzo
Today, 17:47

Expires

05Aug2022, 17:47
If you feel I am being deceptive, you are welcome to show yourself the door. I bend over backward to provide accurate, honest and timely information to our customers and have done so for 25 years. If you feel otherwise then I do not want you as a PMDG customer.

- RSR ------- This infraction is worth 2 point(s), 20 reputation penalty and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire. 

• Upvote 4

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

"We are using P3D daily to debug complex problems because Asobo's debugging tools are a bad joke- "

Yes this is what happens when you attempt to port over a product instead of being the innovative, industry leader like you are supposed to be.  Constantly blaming Asobo for your business decisions isn't helpful or productive.

RSR will continue this path until there is a whiff of a Boeing competitor in this space. We can criticize, moan, groan, etc. but that will not change this fact. RSR obviously knows this.

I feel bad for the P3D guys who legit got screwed. If PMDG had any intention of continuing development for P3D then he would have just said it instead of giving vague, a** covering responses to your perfectly reasonable inquiries.  "Yes Ray, as soon as we finish this 737, 6, 8, 9 port to MSFS, we intend to deliver the promises we made for our cherished P3D customers."  Easy peezy.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 3

Ryan

RSR says they'll finish 737 for MSFS in 2 month, well, that's more reasonable that 2 years as my initial estimate.

But highly doubt it'll be on time...

• Like 1

I frankly am in disbelief at the poor handling of the situation. The "infraction" thing is just hilarious... and calling Ray dishonest was certainly unexpected and uncalled for, as he has always come across as a gentlemen even if I haven't met him personally. His intentions for going over there were more of a mediator than a provocateur. How unfortunate that RR failed to see it that way. I for one would like to thank you, Ray for taking the time to go over there to try to obtain a reasonable answer from the owner of the circus himself. 

In the end, the whole situation is correctly depicted in the following message over there by Matt Richards:

" And we shouldn’t have to read between the lines, either the dev is or isn’t supporting the platform. No one needs such cryptic replies from any dev. "

And I agree: RR has been evading giving a straight, concise, and direct answer with regard to P3D for some months now. This has been escalating for some time, and now that it reached the boiling point, the answer cannot be "interpret the hidden message", as if we were playing games. When money is involved, there is no place for ambiguity or half-baked efforts. You are the CEO of a company, you have to be at or above the level the role demands. And as I usually say when it comes to this matter, some situations in life are digital / boolean / black or white: you can't be "half" ethical. You either are ethical or you aren't. There's no grayscale.  

What a waste of everyone's valuable time this whole PMDG drama has been. 

Edited by evaamo
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 2

Enrique Vaamonde

Just checked my PMDG forum account and got the same message because I agreed with Ray and Rudy.

Not like I post much there anyway.

Can he cancel your product licenses is he wants to?

Edited by anzac1977
  • Like 1

ah geeze, all this crying and moralizing and finally egg on faces...

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

54 minutes ago, anzac1977 said:

Just checked my PMDG forum account and got the same message because I agreed with Ray and Rudy.

Not like I post much there anyway.

Can he cancel your product licenses is he wants to?

If he or any company wants to cancel licenses over customer expressing dissatisfaction publicly than this world has gone to *&$#@/

but, if he wants to give me back my money, please take them all, FSX, P3D and MSFS.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

What is wrong with RSR? If someone raise a criticism and that is their right as customer, he goes and threatens those users? Disappointing indeed. He can go and learn some manners from people like Aamir the head of Fenix who's very humble and always welcome constructive criticism.

• Like 4

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

As an X-Plane DC6 owner, I feel your pain. When I bought the DC6 for X-Plane 10, I made the stupid assumption that it would be updated for XP11, either for free or for a small cost. When XP11 came out, every other developer quickly updated their product. From PMDG, crickets. Completely abandoned the project leaving XP11 users having to fumble around with hacks just to make the plane useable. Never again will they get my money. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Jason E Row

Follow me on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/user/JasonRowPhotography

As a DC6 P3D user, I exactly feel the same.

He promised an update for V5 but don't even supplied an simple installer update. When I understood that we may have V6 before that update, I had to resort to publicly known simple registry trick...

What a shame...

Gérard

• Upvote 2

Is it that difficult or complex to make an EXE for v5?

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4 and MSFS

Ok here's my 2 cents on this. I think RSR and his pmdg cronies are worried. They know they have a mediocre product (by what others have said, i don't own it in msfs) and does not meet the same standards of the fenix, madog etc.

I think it may have been rushed out because cash is now strapped, hence all focus on getting it out ready or not. And they all have to be paid their wages. So they know they have a big problem but want to hide this fact by acting like spoilt children and denying the problem hence all the abusing of peoples character on their forums.

As we all know RSR has for a long time been economical with the truth so although i have several of his products for p3d i don't intend to buy anymore for any platform.

Has anyone mentioned this issue over on the msfs 2020 official forums ?

Not because we would like the p3d issue sorted, but because of the type of character and company that new simmers may be unaware of, what the recent history with them is like, and how they will be treated in the future.

Perhaps if msfs became less of a cash cow  and their jobs are on the line they may start fixing things properly. At the end of the day its only money RSR is interested in,not his product which if you remember in p3d the prices had to be higher because it was not an entertainment product like fsx . But if you buy all the versions of the 737 for msfs it will actually cost you more now than the p3d version

Edited by mazelda
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Pete Little

Came here to talk about how I understood PMDG's business decision, but seeing the posts of what RR is sending people on his forum....oh my goodness.

This guy reminds me of that scene in The Office "Ok I want a copy of it on my desk before the end of the day or you will receive one FULL DISADULATION!"

This man certainly has an original idea of how to run a company and treat customers.