Sign in to follow this  
flycln

PMDG not planning to update LNAV for P3D

2 hours ago, Multisim said:

Do you guys think that PMDG are more or less keen to fix bugs and introduce new features in their Prepar3d products after seeing this kind of attitude from the Prepar3d community?

I'm wondering what kind of attitude P3D paying customers should have when they were promised for years that certain bugs will be fixed? 

If all his products were for free and no advertisements saying that they are testing different fixies for release (that didn't materialize so far?) I am sure that you would not see so many unhappy people, if at all.
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 3

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

8 hours ago, scotchegg said:

Ooooooh, I’m gonna have to ask for some evidence of that one.

all of them say their products are good quality, yet release them with stuff missing or wrong.

LM, - never fixed the green box bug, which has been noted countless times by fsl users, not to mention the 2 years of the bgl data issue which caused ctds with GSX, did they ever offer to help ?  No. 

aerosoft,  never finished the 330, shared cockpit doesnt work, doesnt work properly in v5 - abandonned.  not to mention numerous in correct afcads that are still to this day wrong, as well as crj that flies in circles.

pmdg ,  released a 777 that couldnt pitch properly, a 747 thats brakes dont work and the fmg freezes and a 737 with numerous issues in ms2020, thats after they charged you numerous times for it.

Orbx, numerous issues with dynamic lighting with numerous products

flight factor, released a 320 that is has numerous proformance issues, then dropped it and started on a 350 with no sids/stars 

quality wings -- years down the line the refresh rate is still bad

fenix. numerous things still to be implimented fixed.

I could go on for hours.

• Upvote 1

14ppkc-6.png

28 minutes ago, fluffyflops said:

I could go on for hours.

I’m sure you could, but would still not be able to support your original claim that they all said they’d release bug-free products.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

5 hours ago, Multisim said:

Do you guys think that PMDG are more or less keen to fix bugs and introduce new features in their Prepar3d products after seeing this kind of attitude from the Prepar3d community?

Do you think the P3D community will want to continue doing business with PMDG after seeing this kind of attitude from PMDG?

• Like 5
  • Upvote 11

6 hours ago, scotchegg said:

I’m sure you could, but would still not be able to support your original claim that they all said they’d release bug-free products.

Not to me to mention calling their products buzzwords like professional or enhanced, etc etc 

14ppkc-6.png

9 hours ago, btacon said:

Do you think the P3D community will want to continue doing business with PMDG after seeing this kind of attitude from PMDG?

Sure they would!

It's been shown a 1000 times before that the flightsim crowd are drawn to hype like flies to s##t. Never a lesson learnt.

I mean, if or example,  Flight One is still selling UTlive I guess I have very little to say....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

13 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

a 747 thats brakes dont work and the fmg freezes

Please elaborate on this, as I have been flying the QOTSII for some years now and have had no problems. (Did you mean FMC?)

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

We all know rsr is economical with the truth, why else did he try his hand in politics.

• Like 2

Pete Little

1 hour ago, IanHarrison said:

Please elaborate on this, as I have been flying the QOTSII for some years now and have had no problems. (Did you mean FMC?)

I am kind of with you on this.  I have the 737NG (which I ported to P3D v5), 777 and QOTS. I have had no issues and find them working perfectly.  I am sure there are some edge cases where there are issues but for normal flying they are all great.  

• Upvote 1

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

The QOTSII is one of my most frequently flown and I don't remember anything being wrong with the brakes on it specifically.

I do have issues in my sim setup where the ground-steering is more sensitive on the ground at the start of the flight, and sometimes the brakes are very on/off without much in between, but I also have that on the Leonardo Maddog and so I put it down more to shortcomings with my setup than with any individual addon.

Edited by SimeonWilbury

PUT In the UK.

AMD Ryzen 5 5600x & Radeon RX570 8GB. Prepar3Dv5.3 @1080p

spacer.png

There was a sporadic problem with the brakes on the PMDG B744.  It was not a PMDG problem.  For some unknow reason a brake failure would show up in P3d Failures.  

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

If a person is looking at a sim where the developer is responsive and available it most likely would be Hardy with Aerowinx and the PSX B744.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

20 hours ago, LRBS said:
I'm wondering what kind of attitude P3D paying customers should have when they were promised for years that certain bugs will be fixed? 

If all his products were for free and no advertisements saying that they are testing different fixies for release (that didn't materialize so far?) I am sure that you would not see so many unhappy people, if at all.

I'm not saying that they didn't do anything wrong. I'm saying that the attitude people are showing them is not exactly helping. In fact it's the exact kind of attitude shown against any developer who have taken their primary business elsewhere the last couple of years. If anything, the offensiveness probably make them feel that they made the right choice.

Also, I hardly think that they could predict that Prepar3d and it's marked would die so quickly. Many people think of all the 3rd party developers as big companies with enormous resources, but when it all comes down to it it's usually just a guy or two working on each product or area. The plan and ambition two years ago are for obvious reasons totally different now. Switch to a marked where you can make a living or stay with a dying marked and get yourself out of business just because you made some promises a couple of years ago... it's not a hard decision to make. Especially if "the community" is like five grumpy guys demanding updates.

Edited by Multisim

3 hours ago, Multisim said:

I'm not saying that they didn't do anything wrong. I'm saying that the attitude people are showing them is not exactly helping. In fact it's the exact kind of attitude shown against any developer who have taken their primary business elsewhere the last couple of years. If anything, the offensiveness probably make them feel that they made the right choice.

Also, I hardly think that they could predict that Prepar3d and it's marked would die so quickly. Many people think of all the 3rd party developers as big companies with enormous resources, but when it all comes down to it it's usually just a guy or two working on each product or area. The plan and ambition two years ago are for obvious reasons totally different now. Switch to a marked where you can make a living or stay with a dying marked and get yourself out of business just because you made some promises a couple of years ago... it's not a hard decision to make. Especially if "the community" is like five grumpy guys demanding updates.

I agree with some of your opinions.

But, the "attitude" you are referring to it's due to the people being antagonized by RSR constantly making changes, promises, and decisions that are still not materialized and don't sit well with the customer. I don't think that is smart what is he doing.
Constantly he never finished a product and left it with bugs, he promised that they will fix the issues.

He advertised that they are testing and with the new release is gonna be fixed, not "some promises a couple of years ago".

They didn't.
Yet, they keep on jumping from one release to another, from one platform to another with the same carried-over bugs.
Talking about small companies, he's not the only one, plenty of them out there.
Probably you missed it a while ago when he mentioned that is getting new programmers onboard.
Regarding the P3D I don't know if it will survive or not (even today there is a large number of people using the software and some developers are still on board), the problem is that if they continue porting over airplanes with the same bugs from one platform to the other I don't see any bright future, the truth is out there no matter what they like to dream of. Besides that, they all have a big issue related to customer relationships and accepting criticism.
At this time, even though I do appreciate the software and  I think that is good, I don't see myself buying anything from them in the near future based on their last release.

You see, this is where you jump to the wrong conclusions  Especially if "the community" is like five grumpy guys demanding updates, I'm afraid that those remarks don't sit well with many.
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 7

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

On 6/14/2022 at 4:52 PM, LRBS said:

At this time, even though I do appreciate the software and  I think that is good, I don't see myself buying anything from them in the near future based on their last releas

For any business cash flow is an important consideration and what I gathered from RSR's comments is that PMDG reached a point when an injection of cash was needed. The only other major release PMDG has had in the past 4 years is the DC6 which by all accounts did well for them, but even a small company burns a good deal of cash each month. This, I suspect -- more than the requests of their customers -- was the reason behind the "early access" program in which PMDG basically released the 2011 version of the 737 to MSFS.  Hopefully, with some cash coming in they can now focus on bringing it up to 2022 MSFS standards -- including things like much better texturing; a cabin; cockpit windows that open; a proper tablet, SimBrief integration; accurate LNAV, better developed FD, etc. In my estimation, while they are a very good developer, they have a lot of work to do to come up to the standards of today, unless they are content being what I would think of as a second-tier developer. In any case, until they can follow through on these promises, I personally will not be purchasing any further products from them at the price point they are selling them. I am happy to wait, there are plenty of aircraft I am enjoying flying, and I have lost a good deal of confidence in what they say -- for example, where has been the bi-weekly updates to the 737? We are nearing 6 weeks since release with one small update.

P.S. I also feel bad for those who paid nearly $80 for the 777 expansion and are now basically in an indefinite holding pattern. And this cannot be so easily chocked up to a dramatic change in the market place, as that change had already basically occurred.

Edited by Cognita
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 3

Dan Scott