Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
flycln

PMDG not planning to update LNAV for P3D

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Cognita said:

 I have lost a good deal of confidence in what they say -- for example, where has been the bi-weekly updates to the 737? We are nearing 6 weeks since release with one small update.

 

 

PMDG-MISSINFO.png
And this is another example where I can't get my head around this guy.
Why would he make such statements, I don't get it. Unfortunately, none of his releases are/was finished!
Really, he needs to stop interacting with people in this way and let somebody professional, with skills and no ego to take care of his business. 
All these misleading statements are just hurting.
And to be honest, I'm just speaking for myself here, when I want to buy a product and I hear that a company has financial difficulties or they are in need of money for whatever reasons I stay away. We all know that companies like that cut corners on everything.
 

 


I9- 12900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 5200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 3090

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, LRBS said:

And this is another example where I can't get my head around this guy.

Why would he make such statements, I don't get it. Unfortunately, none of his releases are/was finished!
Really, he needs to stop interacting with people in this way and let somebody professional, with skills and no ego to take care of his business. 
All these misleading statements are just hurting.

I agree in principle, but to be fair, he's not talking about bugs here but about releasing products that are feature complete, which the 737 for MSFS is not because it has yet to receive features communicated pre-release like an EFB, new cabin, new LNAV, etc. which was never the case before. Going by bugs only would make any other aircraft addon unfinished too, like the Fenix which needs polish in some areas. It also isn't far from what PMDG are doing, since IAEs and sharklets are features yet to come.


Formerly threegreen
Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | i9 9900K 5 GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB | RTX 3090 24 GB MSI Suprim X | Windows 10 Pro 64 bit | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

 

Share this post


Link to post
I was only referring to the wrong statement where he says "In the past, PMDG held development cycles until a product was fully finished and then released it." 
Which, I hope that we agree (or perhaps not) that all his products are not fully finished based on even their acknowledgment and statements of the nature that they are testing different items.
In my opinion, based on what was said I strongly disagree with that.
I'm not even touching MSFS.

I9- 12900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 5200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 3090

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, LRBS said:
I was only referring to the wrong statement where he says "In the past, PMDG held development cycles until a product was fully finished and then released it." 
Which, I hope that we agree (or perhaps not) that all his products are not fully finished based on even their acknowledgment and statements of the nature that they are testing different items.
In my opinion, based on what was said I strongly disagree with that.
I'm not even touching MSFS.

you're confusing "fully finished" with "perfection."  has there ever been a software product that was released in the perfect state, besides windowsME? 

Edited by kdfw__

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win10 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, kdfw__ said:

you're confusing "fully finished" with "perfection."  has there ever been a software product that was released in the perfect state, besides windowsME? 

Yes.

Windows 2000 SP4.  Absolute bliss 😄

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, kdfw__ said:

you're confusing "fully finished" with "perfection."  has there ever been a software product that was released in the perfect state, besides windowsME? 

Red dead redemption 2.  Flawless. 


 
 
 
 
v63vq9-5.png  913456

Share this post


Link to post

Déjà Vue... in times of Fly! 2 they did exactly the same, leaving customers with useless / unsuported 757 abd 767...

 

  • Upvote 1

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...

I dreamed of becoming an airline pilot, but didn't fight enough for it... Simulators give me the chance to play being one...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

I really do not know what is going on with some flight simmers these days. I purchased the 737NGX and 777 for FSX in the past, and then the 737NGX/777/747 for P3D after that. Can someone please enlighten me as to what was incomplete about any of them? :huh:

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

I really do not know what is going on with some flight simmers these days. I purchased the 737NGX and 777 for FSX in the past, and then the 737NGX/777/747 for P3D after that. Can someone please enlighten me as to what was incomplete about any of them? :huh: The P3D version of the 737NGX is now eight years old (and based on the FSX version that was released in 2011), and it is still a magnificent piece of kit. The suggestion that none of PMDGs products have ever been "finished" is ridiculous.

I had no problems with the ngxu. The 777 still lacks pbr virtual cockpit. It’s still pretty low quality. Also lacks rain effects.  Now if visuals are unimportant, then people probably wouldn’t care about that stuff. 


5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, EVGA FTW3 3090, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, 43" Samsung X60R 4k and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

I really do not know what is going on with some flight simmers these days.

I agree with you. There's so much dissatisfaction about little things. I guess it is because the competition of the sims. Some may feel the need to have the better planes. Some fear their sim is discontinued if it does not become better than the other. Addon aircraft are important and graphical advantages like @micstatic mentions. I really feel bad, that I don't mind no pbr in the cockpit. 😉


OS=WIN11 Home, Sim=P3D5 actual version (P3D4 and FSX installed but unused)
Addons=ORBX, ASCA, AS, TOGA and tons of sceneries, aircraft
MB=ASUS Z390F-Gaming, CPU=i9700K OC @4.9 GHz, Cooling=Arctic Liquid Freezer II
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=32 GB DDR4-3200, HOTAS=Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

My Website: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Christopher Low said:

I really do not know what is going on with some flight simmers these days. I purchased the 737NGX and 777 for FSX in the past, and then the 737NGX/777/747 for P3D after that. Can someone please enlighten me as to what was incomplete about any of them? :huh:

It's a question of the way users can expect support for a given platform, based on the expectations / promisses and their investment, I guess.

I never bought the NGXi, and actually one of the worst decisions I made was buying the 777 twice, first for FSX and then for P3D ( which costed a "little fortune" for no real benefit, but that's another story, and yet I did buy the DC-6 and the 737 for the new platform - MFS ), but I read from NGXi users and in this thread that the so called LNAV v2 ( wasn't even aware of it ... ) which was suposed to become available for P3D, still an active flight simulation platform, will apparently no longer see it's way into it.

This unfortunately reminded me of when I bought the PMDG 767 / 757 for Fly! 2 and then with the advent of fsx ( maybe fs9 ? I don't recall exactly which one... ) Robert announced that they would cease further support for the Fly! platform, leaving an unfinished product in the hands of their customers. I don't think this is fair, so, although I no longer use P3D, I came across this thread and couldn't avoid showing my simpathy to those who are unhappy with it.

Edited by jcomm
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...

I dreamed of becoming an airline pilot, but didn't fight enough for it... Simulators give me the chance to play being one...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

The criticism of the 777 VC will probably remain one of the world's greatest mysteries. I simply do not understand it. Maybe it is because I only see it at 1080p resolution (with 2048x2048 texture quality) on a 24" widescreen monitor, but it looks very nice to me in P3Dv4.5HF2. Maybe some people do not like the lack of PBR textures, but that cannot be classed as an unfinished item. I am perfectly happy with a VC without PBR textures, but I appreciate that some people consider it to be more important to their daily life than water :wink:

  • Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

The criticism of the 777 VC will probably remain one of the world's greatest mysteries. I simply do not understand it. Maybe it is because I only see it at 1080p resolution (with 2048x2048 texture quality) on a 24" widescreen monitor, but it looks very nice to me in P3Dv4.5HF2. Maybe some people do not like the lack of PBR textures, but that cannot be classed as an unfinished item. I am perfectly happy with a VC without PBR textures, but I appreciate that some people consider it to be more important to their daily life than water :wink:

My biggest complaint about the 777 since fsx is the way they modeled the C*U law.. IMO they didn't get it right since the beginning and were never able to fix it ...

Out of curiosity: Understanding the "Boeing FBW" C* U Law... - PMDG 777 - The AVSIM Community

In my case I couldn't care less about VC. Actually I would rather prefer to use 2d panels if theyr were available, just as I did with the FSLabs A320 / 19.

Edited by jcomm

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...

I dreamed of becoming an airline pilot, but didn't fight enough for it... Simulators give me the chance to play being one...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, jcomm said:

It's a question of the way users can expect support for a given platform, based on the expectations / promisses and their investment, I guess.

I never bought the NGXi, and actually one of the worst decisions I made was buying the 777 twice, first for FSX and then for P3D ( which costed a "little fortune" for no real benefit, but that's another story, and yet I did buy the DC-6 and the 737 for the new platform - MFS ), but I read from NGXi users and in this thread that the so called LNAV v2 ( wasn't even aware of it ... ) which was suposed to become available for P3D, still an active flight simulation platform, will apparently no longer see it's way into it.

This unfortunately reminded me of when I bought the PMDG 767 / 757 for Fly! 2 and then with the advent of fsx ( maybe fs9 ? I don't recall exactly which one... ) Robert announced that they would cease further support for the Fly! platform, leaving an unfinished product in the hands of their customers. I don't think this is fair, so, although I no longer use P3D, I came across this thread and couldn't avoid showing my simpathy to those who are unhappy with it.

I think the LNAV v2 will probably make it to the P3D products eventually. As most of the logic developed would be transferrable between the P3D and MSFS lines.

Although the 777 VC almost certainly is dead I'd say. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, jcomm said:

although I no longer use P3D

Well that explains it right away. Why should PMDG further invest time and money into P3D if people leave it?

The initial problem is, they sell products not finished and we buy it without hesitation even knowing it's not finished. 


OS=WIN11 Home, Sim=P3D5 actual version (P3D4 and FSX installed but unused)
Addons=ORBX, ASCA, AS, TOGA and tons of sceneries, aircraft
MB=ASUS Z390F-Gaming, CPU=i9700K OC @4.9 GHz, Cooling=Arctic Liquid Freezer II
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=32 GB DDR4-3200, HOTAS=Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

My Website: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
×
×
  • Create New...