Jump to content
flycln

PMDG not planning to update LNAV for P3D

Recommended Posts

There is still hope yet....here is a quote from RSRs update today:

"Inevitably, our plan is to roll this new LFPM backward through our entire product catalog in Prepar3D as well. There is no defined schedule for doing this yet, as we are entirely committed to the MSFS dev cycle for the near term- but it is likely we will pop it into the P3D product lines in intermediate update cycles along the way. It is hard to predict a schedule for this until we get clear of the 737 release cycle at least."

https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-forum/general-discussion-news-and-announcements/198308-17jun22-pmdg-737-development-update-sometimes-you-just-can-t-do-anything-right

  • Like 1

Ryan

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, DModjo said:

I think the LNAV v2 will probably make it to the P3D products eventually. As most of the logic developed would be transferrable between the P3D and MSFS lines.

They've now got everybody working on the 737 line for MSFS. After that they'll probably focus on getting the next plane out for MSFS.

It's possible they'd theoretically like the update to make it to P3D but their priorities lie elsewhere and I don't see them diverting developer attention away from their MSFS line of products in the next 2-3 years. They'll be very busy getting the other planes ready and fixing bugs.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, blaunarwal said:

Well that explains it right away. Why should PMDG further invest time and money into P3D if people leave it?

The initial problem is, they sell products not finished and we buy it without hesitation even knowing it's not finished. 

I can buy any product from any developer even if they state, just like PMDG now does, it's unifinished.

Bought their 737-700, and am enjoying it a lot, just as I did the dc-6 although I seldom use it.

The problem is not - for me - buying something that is released in an "open-beta" state but rather that of one day finding out that my platform is no longer suported.

In my case I was never a dedicated P3D user. I never bought a full license for the versions 4 or 5 but rather opted to buy monthly dev licenses instead. Until recently my main general purpose cIvil flight simulator was X-Plane, now MFS too, and above all IL-2 Battle of Stalingrad and DCS World.

Edited by jcomm

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, jcomm said:

 

The problem is not - for me - buying something that is released in an "open-beta" state but rather that of one day finding out that my platform is no longer suported.

 

Isn't the nature of software that at some point your platform will no longer be supported ?  This is not just something that happens in software, last winter I took my wife's skis to be tuned up at the local ski shop and the tech told us that the model of Salomon bindings were too old and no longer supported, they refused to work on them.  

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, MarkW said:

Isn't the nature of software that at some point your platform will no longer be supported ?  This is not just something that happens in software, last winter I took my wife's skis to be tuned up at the local ski shop and the tech told us that the model of Salomon bindings were too old and no longer supported, they refused to work on them.  

Skis tuned? Couldn't they fit new turbo-chargers and dyno test them?


Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, DModjo said:

Although the 777 VC almost certainly is dead I'd say. 

Didn't they say it would be part of the 777 MSFS development and be pushed back into P3D at that point? Perhaps I'm wrong but I was always under the impression that was what they said, with the 2021 estimate for it not playing out since MSFS development in general took way longer than they initially thought (3 months or so for the 737 which turned into something like 2 years). Not sure why people expect it to be out already.


Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.bavirtual.co.uk | i9 9900K 5 GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB | RTX 3090 24 GB MSI Suprim X | Windows 10 Pro 64 bit | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

 

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, rjack1282 said:

...........

"Inevitably, our plan is to roll this new LFPM backward through our entire product catalog in Prepar3D as well. There is no defined schedule for doing this yet, as we are entirely committed to the MSFS dev cycle for the near term- but it is likely we will pop it into the P3D product lines in intermediate update cycles along the way. It is hard to predict a schedule for this until we get clear of the 737 release cycle at least."

 

Considering RR stated that they were using P3D for bug testing of LNAV 2.0 I'm surprised that it would be such a big deal to update the P3D models. Wouldn't you need to have it running on P3D to test the code for bugs?
Maybe they want to appease the new "kid's on the block" with their Xbox consoles first.

  • Like 3
  • Upvote 3

Cheers

Steve Hall

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/14/2022 at 11:10 AM, IanHarrison said:

Please elaborate on this, as I have been flying the QOTSII for some years now and have had no problems. (Did you mean FMC?)

fmc, yes on the 747 and 777,  used to happen if you didnt do things in a certain order.


 
 
 
 
v63vq9-5.png  913456

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, fluffyflops said:

fmc, yes on the 747 and 777,  used to happen if you didnt do things in a certain order.

Maybe "used to" is the operative phrase?

  • Like 1

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, IanHarrison said:

Maybe "used to" is the operative phrase?

Still happens unless you use fmc3 first I believe. 

As well as numerous posts on their forumn about issues with the ms2020 737.  Which is why I won't give them my money until they fix it. 

 


 
 
 
 
v63vq9-5.png  913456

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

Still happens unless you use fmc3 first I believe. 

As well as numerous posts on their forumn about issues with the ms2020 737.  Which is why I won't give them my money until they fix it. 

 

 

Great way of saving money - if you refuse to buy software until ALL the bugs are ironed out then you'll probably never buy anything.... 😉

 

For what it's worth I think a lot of posts on their forum are new to flight simming let alone the 737....

 

G

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
×
×
  • Create New...