Sign in to follow this  
strider1

What is your favorite beer?

"Of Foam and Fury" by Galway Bay Brewery. Good luck finding a bottle of it outside of Ireland 🥺

Jesse Casserly 👌🏼

Add me as a friend to go fly on MSFS: JesseC757

https://www.youtube.com/user/JesseCasserly757

💻 i7-10750H 2.6 GHz / 5.0 GHz, 16GB DDR4, 512GB SSD, 1TB HDD, RTX 2080 Super

Saitek X-56 HOTAS

Moosehead (Canada)

Asahi (Japan)

Noel

• Like 1

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

9 hours ago, Luis Hernandez said:

Brazil: Brahma

Wow, another vote for Brahma. You prefer chopp or bottle. I like chopp better.

• Like 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

A chopp, definitely. But the majority of times I had a beer in Brazil, it was usually bottle, or even can.

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

15 hours ago, Bob Scott said:

Chimay blue label.  Made by trappist monks down the road from where I lived in Belgium.

Having lived and worked 22 years in Belgium, I wholeheartedly approve of this post 🙂
My personal favourite amongst the Trappist beers is the Westvleteren 12, I’ve still got a few bottles left from when I drove down to West Flanders and picked up 3 crates at the monastery pre-pandemic. Cheers!

• Upvote 1

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

Since no one has mentioned it, I think my favorite beer was whatever was free of charge... certainly was my favorite way back when I went to college.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

My favourite beer was Beertrix. Lovely lady. 

She could balance a pork pie and pint of beer on her head. That's why they named her Beertrix. 

Edited by martin-w
  • Like 1

Coors Light - Golden, Colorado! 😁

1 hour ago, brucets said:

Coors Light - Golden, Colorado! 😁

😂😂😂

Sometimes just for reliving old memories of my dad, I like to crack open a can of regular old Budweiser. I used to like Coors Light as well but never could stand and Miller.

Most of the "beers" mntioned are Light Beers or Lagers.

I prefer real ales such as Black Sheep Special Ale.

Edited by GHD

On 6/5/2022 at 9:37 PM, n4gix said:

Munich Dunkle Biere preferably Bernauer. Die Dunkle is a traditional dark beer, with the intense aromas and the deep color of an English stout. This dark brew has a delicate, roasted caramel malt body and a resiny, herbal hop aroma.

I had some good dunkles bier across from the Jena, Germany West Bahnhof one time that really spun my top.  @pmb is from that place.  It was very good beer and I like dark beers generally, like Black & Tan, but I wasn't prepared for how heavy that particular beer was.  I almost couldn't walk away from the bar stool after a couple of tallboys of that stuff, and when my girlfriend picked me up I had a little trouble navigating with my heavy travel bags.

Otherwise I like straight up Budweiser, and Stag.  Being American I am close enough to Mexico that their beer culture has rubbed off on me as well, because I like Dos Equis (Verde/Green bottle) and Sol.

I try not to drink anything before boarding a plane though.  My bod doesn't handle it well, I don't know if it is the pressurization or what it is.

• Like 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

My two responses:

Whatever beer I'm drinking at the moment with with friends

or

the home brew I make.

There are way too many things to enjoy about beer/ale...I don't bother to limit myself to anything in particular.  The same is true for scotch, though I'll gladly drink and enjoy cheap beer much more than cheap scotch.

Cheers 🍻

Edited by TheFamilyMan

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)

1 hour ago, Mace said:

I try not to drink anything before boarding a plane though.  My bod doesn't handle it well, I don't know if it is the pressurization or what it is.

If I was at the airport and checked in a few hours before a flight for vacation, I’d go to one of the restaurants and grab a bit and a few beers to kick off the vacation.

Now though, if it’s going to be a really long flight like 7 hours or more I can’t do it anymore because it seems to cause my feet and ankles to swell up. Granted it’s partly due to being seated for so long, but drinking beer prior to flying seems to make it worse. Most likely due to the dehydration it causes.