Sign in to follow this  
Biermuskel

a320 abnormal procedures

Hi, sadly I didn't find anything here or on the web in google, only the normal procedures.

Does someone know where to find the abnormal procedures for the a320?

Thanks, kind regards

Philipp

Intel Core i9-12900K | 16x 3.20 GHz, 30MB L3-Cache; Gigabyte Z690 AORUS AORUS Pro | Intel Z690; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 12GB | Gigabyte Gaming OC; 2 TB Samsung 980 PRO PCIe 4.0; Meta Quest 2, HP Reverb G2 Rev 2

4 minutes ago, Biermuskel said:

Hi, sadly I didn't find anything here or on the web in google, only the normal procedures.

Does someone know where to find the abnormal procedures for the a320?

Thanks, kind regards

Philipp

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjwyJKbtJj4AhWBm_0HHSRCAZsQFnoECAcQAQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fvueloyvela.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2018%2F11%2FA319-320-321-QRH.pdf&usg=AOvVaw3OdVtF2tDYLgNjt9e48LIs

Not sure what you googled, but the link above is the very first result when I google "airbus a320 qrh"

1 hour ago, Fiorentoni said:

thanks that i was looking for, great 🙂

kind regards

Philipp

• Like 1

Intel Core i9-12900K | 16x 3.20 GHz, 30MB L3-Cache; Gigabyte Z690 AORUS AORUS Pro | Intel Z690; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 12GB | Gigabyte Gaming OC; 2 TB Samsung 980 PRO PCIe 4.0; Meta Quest 2, HP Reverb G2 Rev 2

For the A 320 experts, question, when taking off should the APU be left on with APU bleed, and packs turned off, or should APU and bleed left on and  bleed air from engines turned off ,and packs left on for AC? 

Edited by Bobsk8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

32 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

For the A 320 experts, question, when taking off should the APU be left on with APU bleed, and packs turned off, or should APU and bleed left on and  bleed air from engines turned off ,and packs left on for AC? 

Hi Bob , i am relativ sure normal daily procedures is without rhe APU at all and aircondition on Auto.

APU ON and aircon off (on) is properly only considered on short runways at/or at high altitude airports or at high temps.

Michael Moe 

Edited by Michael Moe
  • Like 1

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

In normal operation, APU and APU BLEED is switched off after engine start. Before Covid, many operators turned the PACKS off for takeoff and back on after reducing to CLB thrust. Since the start of Covid, PACKS stay on during takeoff for air circulation/air supply in the cabin.

Using APU BLEED during takeoff has pretty much the same effect as turning PACKS OFF: When using TOGA thrust, it increases performance. When using FLEX, it reduced EGT and thus wear and tear off engine components. 

Edited by psychedelic_tortilla
  • Like 2

Intel i7-10700K @ 4.7 GHz | Nvidia RTX 3070 FE | 32GB DDR4 RAM 

@Bobsk8, what Lorenz said. Just to add at easyJet if the cabin was only half full they'd taxi with just one pack too, pre-COVID. I think for most airliners and operators these days a packs off takeoff is fairly standard, except perhaps for Middle Eastern carriers.

As regards abnormal A320 procedures, much is covered by the ECAM actions. The remainder I think other posters have already provided suitable links.

• Like 1

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

ECAM actions indeed cover the majority of abnormals on the A320. After handling the failure and securing the airplane, a quick look in the QRH for supplemental procedures is usually performed, as well, but in contrast to the 737, the QRH is not needed during the tricky part of the emergency.

Generally, there are only seven abnormals that contain memory items: windshear escape maneuveur, windshear ahead, TCAS or GPWS alerts, loss of braking, the beginning of an emergency descent, and the beginning of unreliable airspeed indications. Everything else is ECAM actions first. 

Intel i7-10700K @ 4.7 GHz | Nvidia RTX 3070 FE | 32GB DDR4 RAM