Sign in to follow this  
flieger28

Fenix Fuel consumption more than 6% off

I made a flight with the Fenix today around 1400NM.
I use the Simbrief profile and even corrected it for 8% less fuel consumption, because th the developer said the consumption is about 6% to low.
First thing I noticed was that the fuel planing in the MCDU gave me quite higher fuel load then simbrief was. So I would guess the MCDU is using the real (right) numbers.
So for this flight simbrief said for taxi and trip I would need 7.1t. After landing and parking the Fenix used only 6.3t. More then 10% less then Simbrief.

Strange 

7 minutes ago, flieger28 said:

I use the Simbrief profile and even corrected it for 8% less fuel consumption, because th the developer said the consumption is about 6% to low.
First thing I noticed was that the fuel planing in the MCDU gave me quite higher fuel load then simbrief was. So I would guess the MCDU is using the real (right) numbers.
So for this flight simbrief said for taxi and trip I would need 7.1t. After landing and parking the Fenix used only 6.3t. More then 10% less then Simbrief.

Strange 

If you could find a good lawyer, I would consider filing a class action lawsuit. 😉

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

4 minutes ago, flieger28 said:

Strange 

Fenix has stated that as there are limits to the current MSFS engine modelling, they will build their own model.

There can be many reasons why the fuel burn is less, e.g. did MSFS weather give you a less strong headwind or a stronger tailwind then forecast using Simbrief?
It's not great for the purists that fuel burn is that far out with the numbers. However, when the sim platform and the add-on are both undergoing significant modifications, there has to be a little compromise.

At least it's not enough fuel used rather than having too much burned!

• Like 3

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

An average of 6%.

Also, afaik, that's an average of 6% off the real burn values from the reference - but if you're into the custom Simbrief profiles and then adding correction on top of that, I'm not entirely sure where you'll end up.

Reference is also key - reference wasn't the Simbrief profile, so it's entirely possible there's some additional variance here.

With all that being said, the engine model is one of our higher priority items. The accuracy will be improved 🙂

• Like 10

Aamir Thacker

If I get to my destination and taxi to the gate before I run out of fuel having never even looked at my fuel quantity, all is right with the world. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

49 minutes ago, PWJT8D said:

If I get to my destination and taxi to the gate before I run out of fuel having never even looked at my fuel quantity, all is right with the world. 

If thats all you care about why bother with a high fidelity addon like the fenix?  Wouldnt the default aircraft suffice?

• Like 2

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

3 hours ago, starstream707 said:

Years ago a wise ol pilot said to me 'You can never have too much fuel unless you're on fire."

He's dead now, his plane was too heavy with fuel to make it off the runway on the take off roll. 🤣

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here