Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bud

Ultimate Traffic for FS X

I was almost tempted to purchase the new version of Ultimate Traffic for FSX, but it seems to be "only" a compatibilty upgrade of Ultimate Traffic for FS9 with new schedules (yay!), but without any improved models (uh, nay!).F1 mentions only in the "fine print" below that the package is an upgrade and the upgrade retail price is listed as $29.95, but why would someone purchase the upgrade (without a $20 discount coupon) anyway, if it's not functional? Sounds a little bit strange.Additionally, the devs seem to have ceased support, because the Ultimate Traffic support site points back to Flight1.I used to be a huge UT fan, but without any improved models, I am probably better off with MyTraffic (which I already have), because I really don't want to spend hours again to upgrade all the models to more visually appealing (and more importantly: more FPS-friendly) models, because the default UT models were...uh..pretty low LOD, while being quite FPS hungry.Oh, and there is no mention about Vista compatibility.Any input from fellow simmers who purchased the upgrade would be appreciated.Pat

Guest abulaafia

Mytraffic models are as atrocious as UT. Try www.world-of-ai.com and spend your money on something else.

Not correct. MyTraffic models are more detailed and fps-friendly compared to UT - and are constantly being updated. At least that is my experience. Plus the statement from UT that "[..] this version uses the original models. As a result there are some minor graphics and LOD texture issues with the default Ultimate Traffic aircraft." doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy feeling.WOAI is certainly nice, but, then again, I don't want to spend hours downloading, installing and tweaking AI.Pat

This is a full version. You do not have to have the FS2004 version. You can get 20.00 off if you do have the UT FS2004 version.We are fully active on support.... http://ultimatetraffic.flight1.net/forums is very active. The main site temporarily goes back to our main product page as we have been very busy and did not update the site yet.We mention Vista compatibility in the System Requirements at the bottom of the page.We try not to use any "small print"... In fact, we try to be as thorough as possible before you press the download link.It is just pretty much what the page says. It is not a new product, but the old one updated. UT goes back 4 years now. We do feel that the tools and other features of the product are almost "worth the price of admission". We put as much emphasis on the utilitiy capability of the product as we did on the models during the design of the original product.Do look for an updated http://ultimatetraffic.flight1.net site soon.

Thanks,

Steve Halpern

Flight One Software

Coolness. Only $9.99 to upgrade for previous users. The updated schedule alone would previously have cost half of that. Looks like I'm buying my first FSX addon tomorrow!Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Guest Bud

I've been a user of UT since it first came out and was delighted to see the release. I was less than happy when I couldn't find my previous order no. and so had to pay the full price Anyway I rushed to d/load. First problem was that none of the buttons worked on the main page. The installer button just showed a general box and then back to main page. Persistance paid - after about eight presses I got the installer options. The compile process was quick and I fired up FSX to see the effect. Virtually every plane I could see had the default F1 livery. I then discover it is necessary to download all the u/dated textures. Bit of a long process with quite a few error boxes on the way, which I ignored. OK, back to a new compile and, again, the problem of the non-functional buttons. Eventually did manage to do another compile and then back to FSX.My default situ. is EGGX - I had four planes parked within immediate range. All still had the default paint scheme. However, when I panned around the airport I could see a number of familiar liveries. My traffc level is set to 75% and the number of a/craft seemed small at this level. I had a look at EGSS and the entire airport contained only two planes in addition to mine. They were not Easyjet or Ryanair either - bit strange.The real prob tho' is that my fps took a serious pasting. I was getting around 35 prior to UT. With UT, this dropped to 18/19. To get back to around 30, I had to drop the traffic target to 30. The number of planes I could see at this level was very sparse indeed and, mainly F1 paint jobs.I am bitterly disappointed with this, particularly having so looked forward to it. It is now uninstalled.Bud