Sign in to follow this  
Guest AirPierre

Changing runway numbers?

Guest AirPierre

Two of my local airports are changing their runway designators today due to 'the Earths magnetic drift' and I wondered how easy it is to change the default FSX airports to reflect this?The two airports in question are:-EGCC (Manchester International) changing from 06R/24L & 06L/24R to 05R/23L & 05L/23R.EGNR (Hawarden Airport, Chester) changing from 05/23 to 04/22.Any assistance would be gratefully received, MTIA.

It's not difficult to change the runway numbers.It's slightly more difficult to change the approaches, because just changing the runway numbers turns the airport into a VFR only airport.It's more difficult to change all the taxiway signs.Do you have approach and airport layoout charts available with the new designations?

Guest AirPierre

>It's not difficult to change the runway numbers.>>It's slightly more difficult to change the approaches, because>just changing the runway numbers turns the airport into a VFR>only airport.>So far so good ...>It's more difficult to change all the taxiway signs.>>Do you have approach and airport layoout charts available with>the new designations?Not yet - as the change is only today the revised charts aren't published yet but I expect them to be very soon?!Cheers,

Danged Peter - I'm getting old - just recognized your handle / name!!!Long time not see!!! How are things?Let me look at the code for those two airports.And yes - Manchester will still be a two "AFCAD" airport in FSX for the two different runway usage schemes.

Guest AirPierre

Hi there again Reggie!Fine this end thanks - now that I have gotten FSX/SP1 tuned to my system and running without stutters & blurries & HDD hunts etc. :)Thanks for your help on this - if it is easier, please PM me with the things I need to do; I too need to learn these for future reference ;)Cheers,