Sign in to follow this  
Silverbird

Finally newark ewr coming to mfs2020!

Yes, bring on a first rate rendition of KEWR - Newark Liberty International Airport. It is the choice airport for many in the NJ/NY area. It was the first airport to serve the area. It is also a convenient stop for those sailing out of the Cape Liberty Cruise Port in Bayonne. Do not underrate KEWR.

• Like 2

Jim Morgan

5 hours ago, Benjamin J said:

This is awesome! Thanks for sharing this. It always felt as though KEWR was the forgotten stepchild of the simming world. It is a major airport, a United and FedEx hub, and a major port of entry for one of the biggest cities in the US - and the world. It deserves a high quality rendition. Stoked we are finally getting one! As a passenger I avoid EWR, but as a simmer I love the scenic approaches, airport layout and dated 'retro' vibe.

FedEx!

10 hours ago, SKEWR said:

As someone who knows KEWR intimately (It's part of my AVSim ID), I'm ecstatic to see a new EWR. PA NY/NJ is building a whole new terminal so I wonder if that will make it into this rendition.

There was a question of "who would want to fly into EWR over NYC". Most travelers find getting to Lower and Mid Manhattan from EWR far better/faster than from JFK. I do not think LGA has the volume EWR does. Only bad part are the delays at EWR are massive. Forced SouthWest to stop flying there.

Bring on a EWR, a LGA, a JFK, hell.. go for it and even throw in a SWF and get all the PA NY/NJ airports! 

I’m equally ecstatic, Newark holds great sentimental value for me, and it is by far my favorite airport to fly in and out of. It is also located in one of the most complex airspaces in the world, and brings another set of challenges where pilots need to stay on top of every single ATC instruction or things can spiral out of control quickly.  

Hopefully they’ll design the airport with the most current taxiway layout as well, the P3D version is unfortunately showing its age in terms of that, but I’m very excited to see this project come to life. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, jbdbow1970 said:

One question do they have international flights out of KEWR? Looking for a PMDG flight from there to EHAM.

I guess you don't know much about aviation industry. Else you would realize EWR is a hub city for UAL with flights all over the world to/from it. 

• Like 1

Eric 

For those curious about international flights out of Newark Liberty, here is a partial list:

Frankfurt, Germany
Istanbul,Turkey
Paris, France
Amsterdam, Netherlands
London, United Kingdom
Munich, Germany
Vienna, Austria
Rome, Italy
Barcelona, Spain
Zurich, Switzerland
Madrid, Spain
Dublin, Ireland
Brussels, Belgium
Shanghai, China
Paris, France
Copenhagen, Denmark
Beijing, China
Palma De Mallorca, Spain
Milano, Italy
Berlin, Germany
Athens, Greece
Stockholm, Sweden
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Lisbon, Portugal
Warsaw, Poland

Oslo, Norway
Delhi, India

Edited by jcjimmy
added two airports
  • Like 2

Jim Morgan

For those pilots and simmers who enjoy a scenic and challenging  approach, I recommend trying Stadium Visual or Bridge Visual runway 29 approach.
The bigger the aircraft the more challenging it becomes.