Sign in to follow this  
mobiel

Low Download speed - unplayable

Hello guys,

with the release I brought the Box Version of MSFS. But due to my bad system it was not playable for me. 

Now I have a new System and try a new install of MSFS. After the first Launch MSFS asks me to download another 130GB Update. Now I download over 14 hours and it only gets to 6%. With this speed I nearly have to wait 10 days to complete the download.

In this case MSFS is totally unplayable for me, there is no chance for waiting such a long time.

Is there any possibillity to hurry up the download speed e.g.?

What speed is your ISP providing you? No way it should be taking that long. Have you run a speed test in your web browser?

• Upvote 1

Martin 

Sims: MSFS and X-plane 11

Home Airport: CYCW - Chilliwack, BC Canada

i5 13600KF 32GB DDR4 3600 RAM, RTX3080TI  HP Reverb G2

300Mbps normally. MSFS download wiht max 30 Mbps and slow down to 0 when a package is complete (100%) an raise back to 30 Mbps for the new package.

Speedtest is okay!

Seems to be on MS end then. 130 GB is a lot, but even with an average download speed of 15 Mbps the entire download and install shouldn't take more than 24 hours. I can't conceive of any way to speed up the MS servers though lol.

Martin 

Sims: MSFS and X-plane 11

Home Airport: CYCW - Chilliwack, BC Canada

i5 13600KF 32GB DDR4 3600 RAM, RTX3080TI  HP Reverb G2

I really have no idea. Actually 6% either. I started the download yesterday at 5 pm 

Make sure to disable any third party antivirus scanners for MSFS. Some of them scan every incoming traffic, also that via MSFS.

I remember somebody in another forum who had such terrible speeds until he found out his Antivirus was slowing him down because of analyzing all incoming MSFS streaming and download data.

• Like 1

my African sceneries for MSFS : https://darshonaut.blogspot.com/p/msfs-2020.html

I changed now the partition where the update files are installed and now I got 8% in 30 Minutes with the same Mbps