Sign in to follow this  
Rusty

FENIX A320 CPU/GPU

Hello!

I have a RTX3080 but the FENIX launcher advises GPU rendering not recommended with single GPU. What would be the best setting, what are you guys using?

Thanks a bunch for your inputs!

• Like 1

Initially I was using the IGPU that my 8700K had. Altohugh, since the latest update, I have been using CPU rendering successfully.

Also have a 3080, but don’t use it for Fenix display rendering.

• Like 1

Its not a simply answer, well it is....try and test yourself.

I use iGPU imo the more I take off my CPU/GPU the better, and leave them to focus on msfs

But for more in depth

Edited by Nyxx
  • Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I tried running it on the GPU yesterday (RTX 3090) but when I was in the descent, the altitude ticker got very juddery. So in my case it's probably better to leave it on CPU (3900X).

I'm using whatever gave me the best fps. Since you can change the setting on the fly, it was a 2 minute job. You shouldn't ask what others are using. Every setup is different. Find the one that is the most optimal to your setup.

Edited by Kopteeni
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Kopteeni said:

I'm using whatever gave me the best fps. Since you can change the setting on the fly, it was a 2 minute job. You shouldn't ask what others are using. Every setup is different. Find the one that is the most optimal to your setup.

I agree, but when people are new there is no harm in asking, we all have to learn 🙂

• Like 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

3 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

I agree, but when people are new there is no harm in asking, we all have to learn 🙂

I want to clarify that I didn't mean to be rude, I think it's just important that he will not go the way of choosing whatever people are commonly using since it's so easy to find the best setting for you unique setup.

• Like 1

I also get jerky Display on descend running it on my 3080. Before the patch. FPS would be better with display on 3080 BUT jerky on descend ( aka untolerable). Now after the patch, FPS on dispaly on iGPU is the same so now I run on iGPU

Vincent Rouleau

AMD Ryzen 7950X3d / 32.0GB G.SKILL Neo DDR5 6000 / Gigabyte  GeForce® RTX 4080 16Gig / / Samsung C49RG9 49' /ASUS  PB287QQ ‑ 27" UHD / AGAMMIX 2TB / Samsung 970 PRO 1TB /  PNY SSD 1TB / Windows 11 / Gigabyte B650M Elite Motherboard

I use CPU with balanced setting and on my mediocre system ( i5 and 1660 ) it works as charm.

Artur 

I have a solid system but am not sure what render displays means.  Currently i put it on my 3080ti but for no real reason.  Also, I don't have an option for iGPU.  I just have CPU, GPU, 3080ti, and GPU intel.  My display is set to quality.  

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

5 minutes ago, Zimmerbz said:

I have a solid system but am not sure what render displays means.  Currently i put it on my 3080ti but for no real reason.  Also, I don't have an option for iGPU.  I just have CPU, GPU, 3080ti, and GPU intel.  My display is set to quality.  

Isn’t GPU Intel your iGPU?

4 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

Isn’t GPU Intel your iGPU?

Ah... that would make sense.  What is the difference?

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

2 minutes ago, Zimmerbz said:

Ah... that would make sense.  What is the difference?

No dif, that is the iGPU, but you should try selecting it and see if it improves frames without causing display stutters. 

4 hours ago, Rusty said:

Hello!

I have a RTX3080 but the FENIX launcher advises GPU rendering not recommended with single GPU. What would be the best setting, what are you guys using?

Thanks a bunch for your inputs!

I have an RTX3070 and was surprised to see that when in dev mode in MSFS and checking my frames,  I had more FPS in GPU rendering then when set to CPU rendering.

Menno 

i7-11700, 16GB, 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, RTX 3070, Windows 11, MSFS 2020 DeLuxe, P3D 4.5

I was initially using iGPU and balanced but I have gone to GPU in the render option after the latest update on my 3090 and performance is silky smooth. I haven't tried CPU as GPU is working great. 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro