Sign in to follow this  
lifejogger

are you a hardcore flight simmer?

if you are tell me what makes you a hardcore flightsimmer / addict.

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

i fly from the cockpit, unlike 99% of the fs owners out there.

imo, you are qualified for a hardcore as soon as you use fs longer than any other game - years, years and longer. and invest more than into any other game - like hundreds and thousands into cockpits, addons, hardware etc...so, that qualifies me for a hardcore flightsimmer addict.

yep i wouldnt want another hobby ! ;-)

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

Yes I fly from the cockpit too. I naver used the VC view until I got TrackIR 4, this piece of hardware transformed my whole FS experience and 'AS Real As IT Gets' is even more real with the TIR.I never fly without it and that is what makes me hardcore. I also spend at least five hours a day, sometimes more with this wonderful flightsim.Belonging to a club that meets once a month and lugging all my equipment with me to fly in the company of others also makes me 'Hardcore'.At 64 I have missed the opportunity to do what I aspired to do in the 50's because of the stringent math's requirement, I am making up for lost time now.

Dave Taylor gb.png

How about if you fly with a cockpit...hardware, not software ;)TRC472 panelCirrus pedalsGarmin 295AMD 48002x nVidia 7800GTXInfocus 1280 x 800 projectorDa-Lite 80" x 60" permanent wall screen

Guest ThrottleUp

I think there are two types of HC simmer.1. HC simmer2. HC *realism* simmerYou can be HC simmer even with using simple panel & gawking at wingviews while flying GPS flight plans around. I can do this for hours and hours http://www.planet-smilies.de/a_smilies/grinsende_3.gifThen theres type two who is uber HC and goes in for proper procedures...using FMS, flight planning, performance charting, and what I consider to be the mark of a realism purist: flying long-haul in *real time* One of my buddies is like that and I think at night he does a walkaround of his PC with a flashlight to do the "preflight" http://www.planet-smilies.de/tanzen/tanzen_019.gif

>i fly from the cockpit, unlike 99% of the fs owners out>there. And I also fly from spot and tower view, because unlike 99% of FS owners, I flew a lot of "out of the cockpit R/C", and am use to it. :D But then of course, I always use my seat belts..........do you? :-hah http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/152252.jpgL.Adamson

Guest jboweruk

I guess I qualify then, I have a 2 joystick+throttle set up, with pedals, software to allow me to perform checklists, RC4 for way more realism on the ATC front. Never entirely know what my weather will be, it gets d/l'd as is. I fly for a VA (2 in fact). Work my way up through the ranks to what I can fly. Jot down my squawk, altimeter and departure numbers on a fully printed flight plan with fuel estimates. Hand off to my CP the comms and plane during cruise then take it back to land. Usually fly departure by hand, only hitting AP when established above 10K feet. Land initially on AP (especially if weather is foul) but take over once on the localiser. All flights begin C&D and finish C&D.

No fancy hw for me, just a stick, but I fly THE 767, THE 744, or THE 777 almost exclusively, and them 99% from the vc, using 2d only for the absolute necessaries since I do not have trackIR. Flat 2d, default gps(with airliners) great external models (only) have lost a lot of their allure now - shame too since some are gorgeous.On the other hand I do not use sectionals etc, make do with default ATC and never use failure capabilities.am I hc?regards,Markhttp://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a319/mar.../sup_banner.jpgXPHomeSP2/FS9.1/3.2HT/1024mb/X700pro256If it ain't got a fully fuctional VC, chances are I won't be flying it, and I CERTAINLY wont be buying it.never thought I'd see myself saying that :-lol

Regards,

Mark

Mark,Are you really trying to tell us that you don't use the FMC within your T7?

Dave Taylor gb.png

>imo, you are qualified for a hardcore as soon as you use fs>longer than any other game Any other game??????? There is no other game and what do you mean calling flight simming a game, it's a life. Oh gawd I must be hardcore.}(