Sign in to follow this  
Rein2

Just two questions about Alabeo and ORBX LKPR

Hi,

Just two questions. I'm thinking of buying a twin AC from Alabeo (C421 Golden eagle). I read in the Alabeo subforum here at avsim that it's also compatible with p3dv5. Just point to the p3dv5 directory when installing. I only have A2A and carenado GA. How does Alabeo compare to these two. More like A2A (I hope so) or more like Carenado or something in between?

The other question. How does ORBX LKPR perform (fps)? The last aiport I bought from them is YBBNv2. This one is really heavy. I have to set my p3d sliders a few notches back to get acceptable fps. I have a gtx1080ti, 32 GB RAM and a i710700K running at 5.1 GHz.

Thanks in advance.

13 hours ago, Rein2 said:

I'm thinking of buying a twin AC from Alabeo (C421 Golden eagle). I read in the Alabeo subforum here at avsim that it's also compatible with p3dv5. Just point to the p3dv5 directory when installing. I only have A2A and carenado GA. How does Alabeo compare to these two. More like A2A (I hope so) or more like Carenado or something in between?

Alabeo - Carenado, two words that mean much the same thing.

And I think you'll find a number of Alabeo  aircraft for sale at the Carenado website.

For the Carenado - Alabeo group of aircraft there are often mods that improve the guts of what is typcially a good looking aircraft.

I have the C421 Golden eagle and it's not in the class of A2A, that said there are some advanced physics improvements available that make it nicer.

https://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=221287&Name=&FileName=&Author=&CatID=root

Another fav of mine is the steam gauge version of the Carenado C208B with an improved flight model mode, PBR textures and a custom set of sounds mapping.

PBR can be found here https://www.liveries.nz

Sorry I cannot adivse on the LKPR airport, but the free LWSK is pretty good.

https://orbxdirect.com/product/lwsk

Cheers

• Like 1

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

Thanks for your response. I think I will give it a try with the C421 and the improvement mod.