Sign in to follow this  
concretedan

Flyby Views

I'm like a broken record but I still can't believe flyby/tower views are still ranked so low on the msfs wish list.

Who doesn't want to see their landing from a spotters perspective!?  Absolute madness!

I'm thinking about setting up camp outside parliament with a loud speaker!

I can't be the only one

• Like 7
  • Upvote 4

To busy keeping the Xbox kiddys happy......

• Upvote 1

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

If and when Asobo gets around to it I wouldn't be surprised if it's only available in Dev mode like they did with the long-awaited - and essentially useless by implementing it that way - Replay feature

• Upvote 1

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

Also hope to see it implemented. 

• Like 1

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

They think flying in 3rd person looking at POI's they handcrafted is more important than anything.

Couldn’t agree more OP! I voted early on about this when these views seemed to have had more traction. Been waiting, now impatiently, for a year and a half. If this sim was never updated again and no more world updates, but they threw in these views for Father’s Day and called MSFS complete, I’d be thrilled! It’s literally the most glaring omission in the game now and since release. I’m somewhat surprised no one ever came out with a fly by view that was at least decent on .To. 

• Like 1

I see some hope for tower and fly-by views now.. with SU10, Asobo has done some work on camera effects and has also given camera sdk to 3rd parties like FSrealistic.. so many plugins will make use of this capability and implement tower view even if Asobo dont do it themselves.. 

• Like 1

Vinod Kumar

i9 10900K 5.3 Ghz, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM, Win 10 Pro.

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.

FSrealistic v2 is coming out in 3 days btw with even more native SU10 camera effects..

• Like 2

Vinod Kumar

i9 10900K 5.3 Ghz, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM, Win 10 Pro.

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.

Are you the same person that posted this up on the MSFS forum? I hope Asobo works on more important issues than a camera view to get your jollies with.

Running i5-9600K @ 4.8ghz - 32GB DDR4 3200mhz - GTX 3070.

Completely agree withe the OP. I was astonished the tower and/or flyby views were not incorporated into the original release - and even more so that it now doesn't feature in any of the Asobo 'to do' lists.

8 hours ago, VBHB said:

Are you the same person that posted this up on the MSFS forum? I hope Asobo works on more important issues than a camera view to get your jollies with.

No I'm not.

And I hope that Asobo don't.

• Like 1

Can anyone confirm if  the OP's request is incorporated into SU10?

Edited by ErichB

48 minutes ago, ErichB said:

Can anyone confirm if  the OP's request is incorporated into SU10?

As far as I am aware, no.

• Like 1

Not that I've been able to do it or find out how, Isn't this possible using the drone camera settings?  

I've been trying without success so far, so I guess it may not be.

• Like 1

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

3 hours ago, cianpars said:

Not that I've been able to do it or find out how, Isn't this possible using the drone camera settings?  

I've been trying without success so far, so I guess it may not be.

That's my problem too.  I know you can set a fixed camera position, but have no idea how to do it.