Sign in to follow this  
XCLTM3

Fenix EFB-can I use my own sourced pdf airport charts?

Hi all,

I haven't been able to ascertain whether Fenix devs allow us end users to import our own sourced airport charts (pdf's) directly into the EFB.

I don't need navigraph, as the tools I have at my disposal are more than sufficient.

Otherwise if not, that would be a shame as it would be tantamount to a "Captive Market".

• Like 2

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

1 hour ago, NovemberUniform said:

It's currently not possible.

That makes it a "Captive Market". then...............🙄

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Navigraph is definitely worth the subscription. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Running i5-9600K @ 4.8ghz - 32GB DDR4 3200mhz - GTX 3070.

Navigraph is free and does everything. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

yeah cannot aggree more, dont want to pay monthly for a Navigraph Subscribtion. Just maybe pay one month get the latest Airac and then fly with it for the next 1-2 Years. No Problems so far even on Vatsim... so please give us the option for PDF import into the EFB, Fenix and Justflight 🙂

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Navigraph is free and does everything. 

Simbrief is free, albeit they don't provide any charts, but one needs a paid subscription for Navigraph.

• Like 1

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

It's unfortunate that there is no choice for the customer.

If any of the Fenix devs are viewing this.......please give your customer base the ability to import their own charts into the EFB.

This can be done by dropping the charts into a specific folder in the Fenix program, and the EFB recognises the pdf format and title of the files and we can open them in the EFB documents section.

Programming time & testing of the feature would not be lengthy by any means, and you would be providing some choice for your customers. 

• Like 2

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

"It is not possible" is unbelievable to developers that achieved the impossible. But even if PDF is not "possible" to be shown in the EFB, it would be possible to show png or jpg files with our charts.
Maybe it is not a big deal with 2D screens but with VR it is mandatory to have that feature in the plane.
Edited by Japo32

Javier Rollon. Owner of JRollon Planes for Xplane

Just some background on the difficulty of this:

There is no PDF display support in the web framework used by MSFS. All graphics would have to be PNG, JPEG, etc. Secondly, there is no filesystem access, so you can't get a list of files in any particular folder. You _can_ access files on disk if you already know their name and they're in a package folder. So, this is not as easy as it sounds (we never offered ad-hoc charts support in the CJ4 mod for the same reasons).

• Like 2

For me is ok to have png and JPG files prepared in the folder to be read by the EFD

Javier Rollon. Owner of JRollon Planes for Xplane

17 minutes ago, MattNischan said:

Just some background on the difficulty of this:

There is no PDF display support in the web framework used by MSFS. All graphics would have to be PNG, JPEG, etc. Secondly, there is no filesystem access, so you can't get a list of files in any particular folder. You _can_ access files on disk if you already know their name and they're in a package folder. So, this is not as easy as it sounds (we never offered ad-hoc charts support in the CJ4 mod for the same reasons).

This is a fair point Matt, but we're talking Fenix here, where (I believe) all of the rendering, including the EFB, is done by the external application, so shouldn't suffer from these MSFS restrictions.

• Like 1

Ian Box