Sign in to follow this  
aerdt

Need confirmation- Vista, FSX and SP!

If you have Vista 32bit (mine is Home Premium) FSX and SP1 installed, would you please confirm: 1-if you have glass textures in your planes? (Exterior shiny glass in windows and windscreens) nothing I do brings them back. 2-if you have exterior textures which load at low res (look like they are in a shadow). I can change resolution, or uncheck AA, or change filter setting and I get the sunlit high res textures back.All this is attributable to SP1. I just checked by uninstalling SP1 and FSX, re installed FSX without SP1, got glass and high res back.Anyone else with similar problems?Please confirm.Please help.Thanks, Earl

Guest allcott

It's not OS based, Earl. It's just the low-rent video card you have. The solution only involves throwing money at the problem, as with almost all other computer issues. :) ;)Allcott

Guest d.lahrman

No problem here.

Hi Allcott,Yeah, money hides a multitude of problems. I think it must be SP1. It is resetting something that causes this, obviously. Because without SP1, I have windows and exterior textures. With it, I don't.I've heard from at least one other guy who has the textures problem. He has Vista, FSX and SP1.I'd still like for anyone with Vista, SP1 and FSX to post here to confirm if they do or don't have these problems. ;)Thanks for your reply, Allcott.Earl

As far as I can remember it's a nVidia bug, which should be fixed in the next release and I believe Phil Taylor posted it in this forum here or in his blog.Pat