Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

FENIX A320... growing on me ...

45 minutes ago, rka said:

You brought XP up in your OP.

Now just imagine what would have happened if I had went to the XP forum and left a post there that ends with me saying I were really looking forward to the next update to MSFS and how great that will be.

I'd probably have been given a holiday by the mods.

I've done it several times at the AVSIM XP forums, and also at the .Org ( a bit more problematic there because it's a 100% XP-oriented site and forums... )

It's probably because I've been around for so many years, from the times when Austin posted at other forums and pulled his hair off his scalp with my comments 🙂 ( he once exclaimed, after a tedious discussion where I kept criticizing something about a very old version of XP - "Jose has nothing more to do !.. "  eheheheh poor Austin ) that people know me, know that instead of acting like someone who just has positive things to say about one platform and negative about the other I most often say negative things about them all 🙂

That's my way of living this passion for flight simulation and the ultimate goal of finding "the Perfect" flight simulator.

Yet, each time I take off in one of the gliders I fly IRL it becomes so evident how much they all are away from reality, in all sorts of ways :-/, and yet I still find them all useful for maintaining / developing some skills, and contrarily to what some think I do believe desktop flight simulators when used to their strengths can really be very good for serious training / airmanship culture... 

Regarding systems detail and unique modelling for a 747-400 I have used and abused Aerowinx 🙂

But back to Airbusess, which are these days and BY FAR, my preferred airliners, I want to take out of products like this Fenix, the FBW, and whatever comes in the future, maybe FSL for MFS, maybe Toliss for XP12... the best out of them.

I am so passionate about Airbuses that I once spent a good deal of money in a very specific Airbus training tool - Airlinetools A32x ... It's a very systems / training-oriented platform, with scenery and flight dynamics that aren't meant to compete with our desktop flightsims, but probably still a great tool for RL Airbus plots to prepare for their checkrides 🙂

Just as a final note, I "sadly" am forced to find that all of the civil flight simulation platforms I have so far tried are still far from the experience some of the Combat Flight Simulation platforms I used have provided me, DCS and IL-2, but particularly IL-2 Great Battles being a remarkable example !  I would like so so so much to have that feel of flight, overall physics and damage models available in a civil flightsim.... ( and yet, you will find my posts at the IL-2 Sturmovik forums complaining about flight dynamics and / or systems modelling inconsistencies... as well as discussing similar aspects at the DCS forums... ). Last night I tried for the first time the "Carrier Landing Challenge" with the F-18 in MFS.... What a joke !... 😕

Edited by jcomm
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

48 minutes ago, rka said:

You brought XP up in your OP.

Now just imagine what would have happened if I had went to the XP forum and left a post there that ends with me saying I were really looking forward to the next update to MSFS and how great that will be.

I'd probably have been given a holiday by the mods.

Have you thought that it may be...due to the constant cynicism of users like you?

Recently we had some very nice discussions about MSFS scenery as well in the x-plane forum. I wonder why, maybe its because your kind this time chose to not chime in with their borken atittude.

P.s. lets go blame me for derailing this thread🤣🤣🤣 

Edited by mtaxp
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, mtaxp said:

Have you thought that it may be...due to the constant cynicism of users like you?

Recently we had some very nice discussions about MSFS scenery as well in the x-plane forum. I wonder why, maybe its because your kind this time chose to not chime in with their borken atittude.

P.s. lets go blame me for derailing this thread🤣🤣🤣 

I blame you for derailing this tread...😇

Edited by jarmstro
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, rka said:

When I asked the same thing on the XP forum some time ago, people didn't seem to like the question 😄

Listen to Austin and what drives him. It is not what I expect or what professional pilots need. It's his playground. And I like him for being like that. But I want a perfectly working plane.

• Like 2

Paul Schmidt

We're fools to make war on our brothers in arms.

1 hour ago, flyingpauls said:

Listen to Austin and what drives him. It is not what I expect or what professional pilots need. It's his playground. And I like him for being like that. But I want a perfectly working plane.

Why is Austin being discussed on a MSFS thread about the Fenix???? Some won't give it a rest. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

21 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Why is Austin being discussed on a MSFS thread about the Fenix???? Some won't give it a rest. 

It think it was because @jcomm briefly mentioned XP in his OP. Which is kind of a perilous thing to do in the MSFS section on Avsim. Which we’ve seen in other recent threads that got locked.

By the way blackbox771 briefly gives his impressions on the Fenix in yesterday’s livestream. He mentions that the engines currently seem overpowered. He also mentioned there’s another ‘bus pilot which he highly respects who is way more critical of the Fenix. I’ll see if I can post the video link with the timestamp.

He also talked in-depth on takeoff rotation and the limitations of the Asobo FBW system.

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

3 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

He also mentioned there’s another ‘bus pilot which he highly respects who is way more critical of the Fenix. I’ll see if I can post the video link with the timestamp.

I had to laugh when I read your comment.

Back when I was actually flying, I heard those same kinds of comments between pilots about various models of real GA airplanes.

When I was hanging out with my father and his friends, who were all pilots or mechanics, I heard those same comments about various models of military airplanes.

Some things never change... 🙂

• Like 1

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

Found it. But don’t know how to share with a specific time from my iPad. Anyway he talked about his impressions and other type rated pilots criticism from 4:55.

• Like 2

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

Well, last flight this morning was a bit longer and unfortunately ended in a CTD, although I was far from the PC when it happened...

.) Programmed in Simbrief an EDDF - LPPT in the Fenix A320... then

.) Loaded MFS (Bing and PG Off), Fenix without cabin and cabin lights rendering;

.) Programmed the route, lodaded the aircraft, taxied to the active, took off, cimbed to FL350 for cruising, then...

.) Enabled "Stop near TOD";

==> Left for the weekly supermaket visit, returned later, checked the progress - already entering Biscay Golf ... and

==> Left again for lunch at mother in law... My bad 😕

.) As I arrived back home, expecting to find my lovely Fenix near TOD around Viseu, Portugal, Oops - I found the Win 11 desktop waiting for me  instead...

Don't know what caused it, and not in the mood to search the sys logs ( too much of that everyday at work... ).

Will try again, the very same flight. 

. Might it be related to the "Stop near TOD" option ?

. Might it be that Bobsk8 hijacked my plane ?

. Maybe it was Austin? OMG ! Austin mentioned again in this thread ... This is outrageous !!! Mods, please ! close the thread !!!

Will find out next time because that turn around I will not leave the cockpit ! Probably no CTD will take place ? I'll see, and report here.

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

3 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

By the way blackbox771 briefly gives his impressions on the Fenix in yesterday’s livestream. He mentions that the engines currently seem overpowered. He also mentioned there’s another ‘bus pilot which he highly respects who is way more critical of the Fenix. I’ll see if I can post the video link with the timestamp.

He also talked in-depth on takeoff rotation and the limitations of the Asobo FBW system.

I think most of the things he mentioned @Aamir is aware of that? (like the FF and the overpowered engine) 🤔

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

5 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

It think it was because @jcomm briefly mentioned XP in his OP. Which is kind of a perilous thing to do in the MSFS section on Avsim. Which we’ve seen in other recent threads that got locked.

I would recommend that everyone tries the most used payware airliner in X-Plane. Namely the JARDesign A320 which at the time I bought it was the same price as the Fenix although it's a bit cheaper now. I would be very interested to learn how it compares to the Fenix in respect to RW flight?

Edited by jarmstro

4 hours ago, omarsmak30 said:

I think most of the things he mentioned @Aamir is aware of that? (like the FF and the overpowered engine) 🤔

Yeah I’m sure the team is aware. Besides 320 sim pilot was one of the alpha and beta testers. 

7 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Found it. But don’t know how to share with a specific time from my iPad. Anyway he talked about his impressions and other type rated pilots criticism from 4:55.

Kind of strange coming from him as he was one of the alpha/beta testers from the beginning  Thought he would of caught this a while ago.

Edited by jbdbow1970

I really don't know but truth is this afternoon I completed a full LPPT - LPMA in the Fenix A320 that gave me one of the most rewarding sim experiences of the last months !!!

Then, I decided to repeat, that turn around using the PMDG 737-700 which I hadn't yet tried after the recent update and, again, it was another extremely rewarding experience !!!

I am sure I would get the same feel of realization should I have had the time to make a third  flight using the FBW A32N, because with that one I have already made quite a few similar flights and really enjoyed it's behaviour and functionality of the EFB.

Excellent way to commemorate the holiday here in Porta 🙂 - Portugal day today !

Edited by jcomm
  • Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Hmm i think its great but i am back to A319/321 FSL Wing Tip Fence /SL for a while - Great to have so many option these days

Michael Moe

Edited by Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png