Sign in to follow this  
raymar

Waiting for printed Tutorial and Documentation for Hjet.

Now that the initial purchases are mostly completed and all the rushed to market youtube flights are available, the need for the basic sim documentation and the "follow along" printed basic flight tutorial is sorely needed.  Sure, I know, go watch the videos - those that may or may not be using the correct and available procedures.  Most are not because in many cases the author does not have a clue how preflight and prepare the flight plan for the highly automated Hondajet.  If they do, then I missed it because I can't understand the dialog or the author never once zooms in on the panel so we can see what he is clicking on.  Ahh, the sign of the times.

What I would like to see is an old school pdf that covers the correct methods - step by step with a bunch of images - that walks us through the setup, the startup, the loading of the flight plan, the VNAV setup the AP setup and the actual flight.  A flight to the flight levels (FL320) and a short cruise (30 min) with a full VNAV descent, arrival, approach and landing would be ideal.

In this case, the age old recommendation to RTFM does not cut it.  I have the AFM and POM and a bunch of magazine articles on how the Hondajet came to be a reality, but, not any details of how to fly it in MSFS.  The discord channel helps somewhat, but, will never replace a basic flight manual designed for MSFS and a pdf flight tutorial.

I fully realized there might be higher priorities on any given day, but, sooner or later someone needs to stop, take a deep breath, and start the documentation and tutorial.

Anyone hear me?

Regards,

Ray

• Like 9
  • Upvote 1

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

I agree.  I think documentation should have been completed before release.  It would have saved the developer many sleepless days on Discord as nobody understands the airplane or the G3000.  It's a great aircraft but the G3000 is still a bit of a mess (not developers fault, but Asobo's) so it makes it a bit hard to fly without workarounds.  Too bad that we are 2 years into MSFS and we still have these avionics issues and flightplan/approach/arrival problems that send you off course needing constant intervention.  Hopefully WT can have a properly functioning G3000 sooner than later...

Edited by Flic1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

I think manuals with software are a thing of the past. Most rely on Youtube videos or some user creating a cheat sheet, 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

12 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I think manuals with software are a thing of the past. Most rely on Youtube videos or some user creating a cheat sheet, 

Yes, and it's becoming a problem, especially with more complex products such as this one. It gets kinda weird when you get the feeling that even the developer doesn't know how the avionics should work. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Nobody understands the G3000 ?

I don't think so.

It surely pays off having flow with the Longitude and the TBM...also the G3000 is very intuitive imo.

I did however watch some minutes of video to start dark & cold and how VNAV is implemented.

That's pretty much all you need if you are familiar with the G300 already.

P.S.: I agree a manual should have come with the purchase, btw.

Edited by darshonaut

my African sceneries for MSFS : https://darshonaut.blogspot.com/p/msfs-2020.html

2 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

A good "Cheat Sheet" would be well received, unfortunately, most of these recent Hjet tutorials are not beginner type tutorials at all.  Just some sim pilot that has trouble speaking English zooming through the steps needed without ever showing, not once, a close up of the GTC or panel.  Just click, click, click and takeoff with some mumbled words thrown in, That is not a tutorial.  Speak clearly, speak slowly, have Captions turned on and ZOOM IN often to show what you are wishing to show. Then maybe, just maybe we could learn something.

Most of the recent tutorials have guys bogging down in the startup because they don't have a clue about the automation of the HondaJet or what has or has not been coded in this sim version.  How could they? no documentation exists - anywhere.  I doubt more than a couple of them are real pilots.  None are HondaJet pilots.

Regards,

Ray

• Like 2

Flying Fabio's videos were good to understand some quirks, but flight planning, approaches and everything else is the same as it's always been IMO.

Edited by HPG
  • Like 1

My name is Steve and I prefer hand flying.

Co-Founder of Hype Performance Group, MFS 3rd Party Developers

Released Projects: HPG H135, HPG H145, HPG Hot Air Balloon

The current G3000 leaves a lot to be desired.  I'd wait anyway until WT releases their new version (from the marketplace) and it works the way it should.  Then I'd expect to see a tutorial document and/or some good youtube tutorials on it.

As for general documentation - yes I agree the devs aren't including those of late which can be frustrating.  However, there are many quality YT videos out there.  Sometimes I'll screenshot a youtube video or make a screenshot myself and draw arrows or numbers for what to do in which order.

HDJT is really easy though it's basically Battery on, engine start buttons (start the right then the left), move the levers out of cutoff, cabin power on.  All the lights are automated too.

FPL is simple but sometimes the G3000 doesn't sequence certain legs correctly like when loading a STAR or loading an IAP etc.

Must be coincidence Ray, but Marwan just posted a rough draft of a PDF flight for the HDJT - it's on their Discord:  https://discord.com/channels/852695133040017448/964703561130868806/984540732624863312

Edited by ryanbatc
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Take the video 'tutorials' for what they are worth because you never know if the guy is even following the correct procedures.  On one of the more popular tutorials posted above he wasn't even following the proper TO and climb out profile. Unless the person doing the tutorial knows what they are doing (most do not) than they are not worth much.  I think a short PDF summary of basic tips and tricks would be a minimum. There are guys on Discord thinking the HJet has Autothrottle while also trying to figure out why the external lights don't work.  Recommending a 4 hour Twitch stream probably not the best approach. Glad to see Marwan working on the PDF though...I just think maybe that should have been done on release...if anything for his own sake! Great plane though....

Edited by Flic1
  • Like 1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

3 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Correct - User manuals are so 80's.  Besides the one plane that doesn't need one is the HJET.

If there was a user manualit would quickly become outated say when the WT3000 is updated and prove to be a waste of time for the dev and anyone reading it.

Youtube is your friend.

sp

3 minutes ago, Sky_Pilot071 said:

Correct - User manuals are so 80's.  Besides the one plane that doesn't need one is the HJET.

If there was a user manualit would quickly become outated say when the WT3000 is updated and prove to be a waste of time for the dev and anyone reading it.

Youtube is your friend.

sp

BS.  There is more to flying a HJet than the G3000.  How is one to know what has been custom coded and what was left undone unless there is some sort of dev documentation?

Ray

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Sky_Pilot071 said:

Youtube is your friend.

sp

That's just a nicer way of saying that not just the stock planes, but also the payware products are now thrown on the market in an unfinished and early beta stage, just like the sim itself was.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ryanbatc said:

.  .  .  .Must be coincidence Ray, but Marwan just posted a rough draft of a PDF flight for the HDJT - it's on their Discord:  https://discord.com/channels/852695133040017448/964703561130868806/984540732624863312

Not really, I have been pushing for this in their discord since release.  Interestingly, I copied the meat of the OP over to their discord.  Two minutes later Marwan posted this draft tutorial that you linked.  Good Start btw.

A quick visit to the discord channel and you will find a docx version of the draft tutorial.  Much further along and easier to read and take notes.  Thanks Marwan.

Ray

I see a lot of people lately saying PDF manuals are a thing of the past. I personally see nothing wrong with a nicely formatted PDF with a little information about the aircraft and a tutorial to get you started. Just something you can keep open and refer back to on the fly. More detailed and wordy documents can be offered separately for those that want it.      

• Like 2

I'd rather see the dev do some real HJET improvements rather than wasting time on a labor intensive document that a few people will take the time to read.

sp