Sign in to follow this  
Frag

Flysimware Cessna 414 ... autopilot weird since beta 2.2?

Hi guys,

I really did enjoy the Flysimware Cessna 414 in the last few weeks. However, since the last release (Beta 2.2) the autopilot is super jumpy while trying to keep its altitude. The climb rate varies rapidly -500 to +500 ... making the aircraft always flying while jumping up and down. Is it like that in real life or I am missing something?

More info needed.  Which AP are you using?  The classic one or the GFC605 with the GTN's?

And then how are you engaging the AP?

Also they have a Discord for support if you need that:  https://discord.gg/6fZn4eHX

Edited by ryanbatc

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

wish they made a 414 for us old FSX users.. 

2 Monitors, 240G SSD.FSX:Steam with UTX USA Scenery, ORBX Base, Buildings, Airports, NorCAL, Steam addon- Airports, Trees, Milviz310R, Alabeo310R, Flight1 GTN750/650, Carenado- TBM850, Baron, Arrow, V35, F33, C441, 421C, Phenom 100, Premier 1A, RA Duke B60 V2, RA Duke Turbine V2,  Active Sky Next always running real WX. Skyvector 

1 hour ago, mikebxb said:

Yeah but you can fly the RealAir Duke.  That's quite a machine.

• Like 4

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

6 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

More info needed.  Which AP are you using?  The classic one or the GFC605 with the GTN's?

And then how are you engaging the AP?

Also they have a Discord for support if you need that:  https://discord.gg/6fZn4eHX

Thanks for the help Ryan ...

I do use the standard GFC 605 that came built-in with the downloadable GN750. I usually had very stable flight. But I just realized that I am flying in the west coast of canada now, where there are tons of mountains.

I wonder if it could be turbulence but I have no issue at all flying it manually and I have set the preset to "Few clouds" (The first one after clear sky).

How I use it:

- Set the 750 CDI to "GPS"

- Go the altitude desired manually, set myself on the course. When I am stable I click on the 665 buttons, in order:

-> ALT (The altitude I am then is displayed on the 605 screen

->NAV (until I see GPS) on the screen

-> AP 

The the plane fly on course, but always goes in a wave mode from -500 to 500 climb rate. It is quite annoying. I was not having that issue before the Beta 2.2.

5 hours ago, mikebxb said:

If you haven't seen it, take a look at the Flysimware C441 for FSX and P3D . 

Al

3 hours ago, Frag said:

I wonder if it could be turbulence

Try flying over the ocean or flat terrain with the autopilot and see if it does the same, to make check if it was the turbulence on the mountains causing the issue.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Yes, correct! Same thing here!

I use the GTN 750 version.

In the update 2.2 they "improved"  the effictiveness of the flight controls. And spoiled the aircraft. It was so nicely balanced before and now it's unflyable. With or without autopilot. With AP is't a constant up and down, up and down and up and down. It makes you throw up. And yes, within - 500 ft to + 500 ft. Horrid. If you fly by hand the elevator reacts like a tarantula.

But nobody seems to fly this version Beta 2.2 . In the Microsoft FS forum they just discuss about a stupid mirror and leather textures in hunderts of brainless forum inputs.

I use the smaller Milvitz Cessna now, but I dont like it really. The Flysimware Ces 414 (was) much nicer!

Edited by ebiror

This (AP Issues) is a known problem with Ver 2.2.0. Easiest fix is go back to 2.1.0, last stable build

-B

On 6/14/2022 at 2:43 PM, btacon said:

This (AP Issues) is a known problem with Ver 2.2.0. Easiest fix is go back to 2.1.0, last stable build

-B

You are right, I just saw that on their discord channel. V 2.3 got released today, but did not have the time to test it yet. I will come back here to report.

Thanks for your feedback!

I just did a quick flight with 2.3 after skipping 2.2…AP was fine I thought and being able to use mapped AP buttons was very good, and the other new added features were great. Mixture control sounds awesome! The plane didn’t hand fly as well as 2.1.1 I thought, was getting more oscillation than I’d like now. IMO 2.1.1 was better to hand fly. Didn’t shoot any approaches but hand flew a few landings and they were all excellent. So mostly good, but I liked the handling a little better in 2.1.1. 

They basically opted to downgrade to a default-based AP so people could bind their controls.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Gotta agree on flight model sloppiness now , after todays update. Real easy to notice. I like handflying and after the update, I found it uncomfortable to trim and keep from hitting the autopilot button. The up and down, doesn't bother me as much as the side to side. It felt absurd. (just my 2 cents on the subject) The 414 just slipped from being my current go-to.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

I agree that turbulence shows up in the 414 yawing substantially in addition to pitch.  "Sloppiness" is a good description of the handling now. Not crisp or responsive.  All over the place in the slow flight regime.

I too noticed the aircraft doesn't handfly as nicely any more. The aircraft wants to porpoise a lot during the landing phase. Too bad I did not keep my 2.1.1 download so I am stuck with 2.3.0 for now.

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5