Sign in to follow this  
Reset XPDR

I guess I'm the frst one!! Re: LDS 767 for FSX

According to the LDS fsx forum, the LDS 767 for FSX has been released! I'm going over there now and get it!!EDIT: Note at this time it's only available to registered members (Current customers of the LDS-767 for FS2004)

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Ohhhh, I'm right behind 'ya... :-outta

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

>>EDIT: Note at this time it's only available to registered>members (Current customers of the LDS-767 for FS2004)What's the point of that I wonder? I suppose I understand that they'd like to give existing customers a bit of a bonus - fair enough.Not criticising; just curious, that's all.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

>>>>EDIT: Note at this time it's only available to registered>>members (Current customers of the LDS-767 for FS2004)>>What's the point of that I wonder? I suppose I understand>that they'd like to give existing customers a bit of a bonus ->fair enough.>>Not criticising; just curious, that's all.>Usually when developers do this the public release is only about a day or 2 later, so you won't have long to wait!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

From what I see in the forum, it should be available to the pulic later today. 2000z timeframe... Keep the faith...

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

>>Usually when developers do this the public release is only>about a day or 2 later, so you won't have long to wait!>Sure, no probs at all. I'm really interested to see how this first, serious quality, complex aircraft addon works on FSX. I won't buy until I'm convinced I'll be able to run it. If it runs fine for people, then I'm going to have to buy it along with ASX+Graphics - so that'll be my credit card out of action for a while :-)

Gavin Barbara

Well that was disappointing, but not totally unexpected with a complex aircraft like this! I was hoping, that some how they would be able to make the FSX version more efficient performance wise, being that even with FSX SP1, FSX performance still falls behind FS9, but alas, the performance is no better than the CS-757, which is roughly half I get from default, and 3rd party Overland aircraft. Over New York City which since SP1 I'm getting high teens to low 20's with my current settings, With the CS-757 and the LDS767 it's in the 8-9 range. This doesn't bode well for the future of FSX, if the PMDG is the same. So be prepared to significantly cut down your settings if you want to fly this bird, especially in dense scenery areas like NY.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

wow...i was thinking about it....not with 8-9 fps though...I really think this is a problem for the future. Remember the FPS hit that these sort of planes had on FS9? The levelD cut my FPS in half compared to the default 737 in FS9!!! Halfing the fps in FSX is deadly lol....we need better PC's. I just don't see how devs make these and can run with 10FPS...wow....

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Yes, but over the NY city area? Unless you fly there a lot, is that a valid indication of LVL-D767 FPS?

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Guest bigun

I have my framerates locked at 25 and the LDS maintains it very well. Very nice to be flying in one of the "best of the Best" again. Between this and the Maddog I'm happy!

>wow...i was thinking about it....not with 8-9 fps though...>>I really think this is a problem for the future. Remember the>FPS hit that these sort of planes had on FS9? The levelD cut>my FPS in half compared to the default 737 in FS9!!! Halfing>the fps in FSX is deadly lol....we need better PC's. I just>don't see how devs make these and can run with>10FPS...wow....>>For the upgrade price it's not bad! Just reduce traffic and maybe some autogen, and I think you can get a decent flight,and remember right now this is the only game in town that gives us systems! I would have to think twice though at full price!!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

well it shouldn't matter, he said with default he was getting high teens to 20, with the 76 hes getting 8-9granted, yes, nyc is crazy hard on fps...but it's just halfing the fps...yikes

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

>Yes, but over the NY city area? Unless you fly there a lot,>is that a valid indication of LVL-D767 FPS?I'm consistantly getting the same performance as the CS-757 which actually in most areas not as dense is flyable at times around 20 fps, it does drop down to 13-14 around the terminals at major airports like LAX, but I think it may be ok for most places. Mind you this is with Fair weather, add some clouds and it may be another ball game! (ASX has a problem right now) I'll check out ASV6.5. Also I have a high end system, so your mileage will vary here depending on your box!Ok Setting Heavy TS storms globally in ASV6.5, with the Overland 767 I get 25 FPS average sitting at KSEA Rnwy 34R, With the LDS that drops to 15-16 FPS. So while that is flyable on my system, and I can get more if I reduce my systems more, lesser performing systems I think is going to have trouble. This was always the fear with these types of addon's for FSX. Is that FSX just doesn't have the overhead to support them, without stripping detail from it. We got our first glimpse with the CS-757, this just goes to confirm it!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

I also had some hope that the FSX version would be optimized and give me at least a flyable VC around big cities. No way and I don't blame the LDS team. I hope the FSX spectacular step forward for the 6 people who can actually use it is appreciated. LOL.The best I can do (with all sliders left) is around 10 to 12 fps (VC) with the nothing but blue sky and away from major cities. Around KPHL it is un-flyable in the VC and the 2d panel provides little relief. Stutter stutter while watching textures load.What good is it to own FSX when I have to strip it down to look like FS98? I'll go through the recommended tweaks by Phil Talyor and try some of the frankensteined changes to auto gen etc. So far for me (and my present computer) FSX is exceptionally puzzling relative to project goals; specifically create a new flight simulator that Bob can't use. LOL.But I have wonderful world in FS9 to fly. :)Bob...

Not too great at the moment then?Mmmm, I wonder what the PMDG 744 & MD-11 will be like then. Can't say I'm too optimistic at the moment - though, hopefully, I'll be proved wrong.

Gavin Barbara