Sign in to follow this  
Reset XPDR

I guess I'm the frst one!! Re: LDS 767 for FSX

Did a small circuit at KSEA and the frames remain locked at 20.Finished my first flight KDFW-KSUS and again the locked 20. This was with the 2D panel, 20% MytrafficX, scenery at dense and autogen at normal. This is with a 6400 cpu and 7600.For me it's a keeper and the upgrade price is more than correct. The FSX plane costs 40

>Jeesh, with a system like this I'd EXPECT much better>performance. What a waste of money. I bet this system runs FS9>very well though. ;)>>Jason>With 4Gb of RAM, and a 768Mb GPU I'd expect a lot more than 10 fps .... :)Now add some complex airport addons, and see what happens ;)

>For me it's a keeper and the upgrade price is more than>correct. The FSX plane costs 40

:-) This LVLD 767 has given me new hope. My older single core P4/3GHz/2GB/ATI1650-512 is struggling to provide both adequate FPS and decent texture loading/sharpness. Very difficult to accomplish as most are well aware.I expected LVLD 767 to make matters worse, as it is very high fidelity, feature-rich, simulation. That is not what happened on my setup, instead my FPS nearly doubled to 20+ when running LVLD DXT3 texture models.I can now actually fly into airports (already tried KLAS/KLAX/EGLL/EDDF) at 150-260 knots and get 15 FPS and sharp textures. Go figure!Well LVLD 767 is a keeper for me while I continue to watch and hope for a more generalized fix to the SP1 performance woes.ToddP.S. I run FSGenesis mesh and US Landclass, ASX+Graphics X, UT for FSX.

And the download manual is OUTSTANDING (particularly for the FMC)!!!! Worth $14.95 just for the manual in my book, but of course it is free.To each his own. With the Flight1 refund policy, rather than bad mouth all of us that are happy with the results, I would humbly suggest giving her a try before pronouncing all of the doomsday reactions.While some seem to be so pesimistic I am enjoying the daylights out of this bird with a framerate pegged out at my 20 lock everywhere except under the most dense conditions. I tried a setting of 40, and she varied in the 20's and 30's, sometimes pegged out but I can see no advantage to the higher lock personally. With the exception of what I mentioned in my earlier posts, I have no other tweaks.THANK YOU LDS!!!Respectfully:RTH

Guest Papa 3 Charlie

I did a quick flight last night with the Level D. I flew out of KSAN and did a couple of circuits. My frame rates jumped from mid teens to mid 30's....The most important aspect of the flight was the fact that regardless of the frame rate counter, the sim seems smooth and responsive. I turned off the frame rates and enjoyed myself.Bryan

uhhh not really...you're flying from the 2D panel...I always had great FPS in there....try the VC ;) And those with better PC's were talking about flying over NYC...Still though, this isn't a bash LDS etc, it is just what I sorta imagined would happen with these kinds of addons.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

ACtually the GPU doesn't do much for FPS in the flight simulator world...it's more CPU than anything. RAM helps... but in dense areas, a 6800 vs a 8800 gpu won't really matter, unless you crank the res or AA/AF settings

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I agree. I see 20-25 FPS in 2D and 4-6 FPS with the VC. But, since I never use the VC anyway it's not a problem. My initial look says it's a keeper - even on this old PC.DougP4 3.2E @ 3.680 (1.385 vCore - 230 FSB)Asus P4C800-E Deluxe (BIOS 1023)2GB Corsair XMS-3200C2 (2-3-3-6-2T)1.5 TB of Western Digital HDDATI X850XT PEA-Open 1648 AAP RipperPlextor 708A WriterEnermax 431W PSUInwin Case

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

I bought it last night and did a few quick flights. It was great to see the familar cockpit, sounds and systems / flight modelling of one of my favourite FS9 addons now working in FSX. The VC looks much better than the old, especially the overhead panel which is now much easier to see.On the not so good side, my FPS took a noticable hit from what I am used to in FSX, but that had far more to do with venturing into city areas now and using a glass cockpit aircraft with FSX rather than the LDS aircraft itself. In fact, when I started getting frustrated getting sub-10 FPS in the NYC area (with default FSX detected settings mind you!), I switched to the stock 737-800 and the FPS barely went up 1 or two. In order to get FPS into the high teens needed for smooth Track IR operation, I had to turn most sliders to medium low and went back to single screen, which makes FSX look worse than a maxed out stock FS9 IMO, so I sighed and shut it down for the night :(So I'd like to congratulate LDS for making one of the best aircraft even better in FSX, it's just a pity that, for me at least, that its new play pen puts a damper on the whole experience. I'll play a little more today to see if there is something I missed with setting FSX up. Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Thanks for the support. The release has gone well, and we're pleased to have the 767 in the FSX skies.There are plenty of tips to increase frame rates with the 767 for FSX at the registered forum: http://leveldsim.com/forumshttp://www.members.shaw.ca/shuttleworth/ds2.gif

The SUPPORT FORUM for Level-D Simulations products: http://www.leveldsim.com/forums

LVLDF1.gif

Im getting good FPS with the 767. About 20-25 in dense areas. Im loving it!Rob

Guest guz99

If you click the panel in VC will a 2-d window pop up? (like with the default boeing 737)? That really is a great feature.