Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

June 9th, 2022 - Development Update

spitice0-Twitter.jpegScreenshot by spitice0 (Twitter)

In last week’s Development Roadmap update, you may have noticed the change in date of Sim Update 10 from July to August. Our team is hard at work on fixes and features we hope you’ll love, as many have been community requests since the launch of the sim. Our newly updated Feedback Snapshot below lists out some of those features coming soon such as Bush Trip fixes, weather improvements, DX12, DLSS, and more.

Is that a World Update coming out next Tuesday on the Roadmap? Yep! Details soon…

MSFS Team

Smooth-Development-Banner-GIF.gif

Development Roadmap

Click here for the web-friendly version of the most recent Development Roadmap.

DR_2022_06_02.jpg

Feedback Snapshot

Click here for the web-friendly version of the most recent Feedback Snapshot.

Slide1.jpg
Slide2.jpg
Slide3.jpg
Slide4.jpg
Slide5.jpg
Slide6.jpg
Slide7.jpg

SDK Update

• Roadmap:

• Sim Update 10:
      • Terrain & Weather Radar Drawing APIs
      • NavData API
      • Aircraft Editor V2
      • Game rendered in a window in the DevMode
  • DevMode:

• The console is now dockable in DevMode, and can be made opaque/transparent just like any other window.
    • Scenery Editor:
      • We fixed the TIN color correction that was not correctly applied during editing.
      • We fixed an issue with third parties’ airports without runways.

Third Party Update

• As of 06/04, we have now approved 251 (+0) third parties into the in-sim marketplace and – so far 151 (+1) have released 1,159 products on PC (+12) and 874 on Xbox (+12).
  • In total, 2,189 products (+18) have already been released in 3rd party stores and the in-sim marketplace. Beyond that, another 564 products (+2) from 3rd party developers are in production (302 announced, 262 unannounced). In total, over 2,753 3rd party products (+20) have either been released or are in development.
  • Airports:
    • 1,536 airports (+8) are either released or are in various stages of development.
      • 1,307 airports (+7) have been released on the platform so far in various stores.
      • 757 airports (+5) have been released in the in-sim marketplace.
      • 121 airports (+2) beyond the released airports have been announced.
      • 108 airports (-1) are not announced, but the dev let us know that an airport is in production.
  • Aircraft:
    • 384 aircraft (+2) are either released or are in various stages of development.
      • 136 aircraft (+4) have been released on the platform so far in various stores.
      • 98 aircraft (+3) have been released in the in-sim PC marketplace.
      • 69 aircraft (+1) have been released in the in-sim Xbox marketplace.
      • 165 aircraft (-5) beyond the released aircraft have been announced.
      • 83 aircraft (+3) are not announced, but the dev let us know that an aircraft is in production.
  • Scenery:
    • 744 scenery packs (+10) are either released or are in various stages of development.
      • 657 scenery packs (+7) have been released on the platform so far in various stores.
      • 169 scenery packs (+2) have been released in the in-sim marketplace.
      • 16 scenery packs (+0) beyond the released scenery have been announced.
      • 71 scenery packs (+3) are not announced, but the dev let us know that scenery is in production.
  • Mission Packs:
    • 89 mission packs (+0) are either released or are in various stages of development.
      • 89 mission packs (+0) have been released on the platform so far in various stores.
      • 26 mission packs (+1) have been released in the in-sim marketplace.
      • 0 mission packs (+0) beyond the released missions have been announced.
      • 0 mission packs (-0) are not announced, but the dev let us know that they are in production.

MARKETPLACE UPDATE

Click here for the web-friendly version.

Our Marketplace sale for MK-STUDIOS ends tomorrow! Click here for details.

There are 32 new and 18 updated products in the Marketplace today. Marketplace updates generally go live on Thursdays between the release of this blog post and 5pm PT.

banner-1.svg

TWITCH UPDATE

portugal_day.png

We stream weekly on Twitch.tv/MSFSOfficial!

June 10 is Portugal Day, and we’re delighted to return to one of the countries featured in World Update 8: Iberia. This flight will see us depart from Lisbon and fly to the Gulf of Cádiz and Mediterranean Sea for a full stop landing at Gibraltar. Click here for more details! All are welcome to participate.

In case you missed it, click here to check out yesterday’s Flying Lessons in the Bonanza G36: [OFFICIAL] Twitch Flying Lessons: Beechcraft Bonanza G36 and Beyond - #7 by Jummivana

COMMUNITY VIDEO

One of the core beliefs we hold dear on the Microsoft Flight Simulator team is that The Skies are Open for All. We are always on the look-out for sim pilots who are using MSFS in new, creative, and unique ways, and the team was delighted to recently discover community members Lillo and Roberto from Italy. Last week, they publicly unveiled their new project, flyLILLO.com.

Lillo is a huge fan of aviation and possesses expert knowledge of the Airbus A320, but he is a quadriplegic who is physically unable to fly the plane using conventional controls. With the help of Roberto and the rest of the flyLILLO team, they have created a custom control setup that allows Lillo to fly using only head movements. In the video below, you can see Lillo piloting the A320 from Rome (LIRF) to Innsbruck (LOWI). You can follow the flying adventures of Lillo and Robero on their YouTube and Twitch channels.

SCREENSHOT CHALLENGE

You can submit your screenshot via Twitter with #MSFSchallenge or the Weekly Forum Post ! This week’s screenshot challenge: Wingin’ it

This past week our Screenshot Challenge was “Rainbows”. Here are this week’s runner ups:

Wombii-Twitter.jpegHonorary Mention: Wombii (Twitter)

akysmile-Twitter.jpegScreenshot by akysmile (Twitter)

CV409i-Twitter.jpegScreenshot by CV409i (Twitter)

FernandoPosada-Forum.jpgScreenshot by FernandoPosada (Forum)

isaiahnparadise-Twitter-1.jpegScreenshot by isaiahnparadise (Twitter)

Matt_Photomode-Twitter.jpegScreenshot by Matt_Photomode (Twitter)

MihamaBlend-Twitter.jpegScreenshot by MihamaBlend (Twitter)

phsch03-Forum-1.jpgScreenshot by phsch03 (Forum)

SolarEagle11-Forum.jpgScreenshot by SolarEagle11 (Forum)

tsujiKa_air-Twitter-1.jpegScreenshot by tsujiKa_air (Twitter)

ZILLNIAZI17-Forum.jpgScreenshot by ZILLNIAZI17 (Forum)

NEXT DEVELOPMENT BLOG UPDATE – June 16th, 2022

Sincerely,

Microsoft Flight Simulator Team

Edited by ChaoticBeauty
  • Like 15
  • Upvote 1

Horizon line through mountains is now „not planned“? offensive initials not allowed

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Lukas Dalton

5 minutes ago, DaWu said:

Horizon line through mountains is now „not planned“? offensive initials not allowed

Disappointing indeed, but after a couple of years investigating they probably realised it's not possible to fix it without a major rendering engine overhaul. Hopefully they will follow up on this in the next Q&A stream.

Noteables for me:

- Cloud - Layer Improvements (Bugs LT #2, #17): SU10: Fine-tuning of the cloud layer system to be more precise and incremental is ongoing. The cloud layer will be much thinner at sea level and thicker at higher altitudes. The updated system will better depict a realistic cloud coverage at low altitude with an update of the weather panel.
- Helicopters are a Must (Wishlist LT #2): Q4 2022: Good progress overall on Helicopters as lots of display & debug tools are being added to tune the experience.
- Gliders (Wishlist LT #11, #31): Q4 2022: Basic gameplay blocks for Gliders are now implemented (tow plane, winch launch, water ballast management, updrafts/thermals) and require fine tuning
- DX12 and DLSS: SU10
- Top bugs in last 3 months at least being investigated (i.e. post SU9 performance ... main thread being hammered ... stutters on ground ... italy & trees, etc)
- Live weather improvements: started
- Poor Performance on the Ground: started

I wonder if they'll open up the SU10 beta a week or two after the new WU next week on 06/14, so maybe 3rd/4th week of June? ... and really hoping the new WU is somewhere in Africa, South America, S.E. Asia, or Australasia/Oceania! 

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 3

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

47 minutes ago, DaWu said:

😞

Aorus Master X570 / 5800x3d w/ Arctic Freezer ii 280 / Asus TUF 3090 w/ gigabyte BIOS / 2x16GB b-die @ 3600Mhz 

I really hope SU10 will resolve the FPS issue. I use to be able to run at TLOD at 400, now I have to reduce it down to 200.

• Like 2

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Maybe a dumb question but what impact will DLSS have on frame rates?

i9 9900K at 4.9ghz, MSI RTX 3080, 32 G RAM, (3) 1TB SSD 

I'm missing the specific ground performance drop in US cities which can only be resolved by uninstalling WU Photogrammetry Cities. There's the vague "Massive performance drop after SU9", but even this is still "under investigation".

I can hardly imagine SU X to be relased and the devs still requiring us to uninstall the PG cities they once proudly presented to us.

Kind regards Michael

• Like 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

11 minutes ago, Poppingcork said:

You should get better frame rates while maintaining or possibly even improving visual quality. DLSS is upscaling where e.g. you can render at 1440p which is less demanding on your GPU but the image gets upscaled to 4k. It's not always going to be quite as good as a native 4k picture but for most practical purposes it's going to be really close. You just need to have a RTX card to be able to use DLSS. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Poppingcork said:

That will depend entirely on what graphics card you are running.  Also what resolution.

Newer generation Nvidia cards get more benefit from DLSS as do games running higher resolutions.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

Finally the “word not allowed” (I’ll just write this my “word not allowed” self) The Freelook Mouse Control lock is listed as something other than “Fixed. 

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

1 hour ago, lwt1971 said:

really hoping the new WU is somewhere in Africa, South America, S.E. Asia, or Australasia/Oceania! 

This

• Like 2

Was having a kip and almost forgot to 🌲 this.

• Like 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I hope the WU is South America or the Caribbean

• Like 3

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

Suggestion for another round of voting: Please provide the Developmental Updates in a text form that is searchable within a browser.  Ex. search for "CTD" or "Memory Leak", or "Weather", or "ATC" or "Air Traffic Control" etc. so we can more easily parse what is being paid attention to and how it ranks.  Or perhaps just present a frame that only shows what is designated for fix as opposed to mixed among "investigation", "started", "planned", etc....  iow - just what are you really working to fix next.  Next.  Just Next.  I see some color coding, so please don't point me to that.  These are just a sea of words based, and appear to be based on voting that not all of us are looking at daily.

Bush trips? ......  Top Gun fix?....  Come On Man....  Weather, ATC, CTD, Traffic.....

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere