Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

June 9th, 2022 - Development Update

13 minutes ago, Krakin said:

I hope the WU is South America or the Caribbean

It might be China since the Chinese localization is also slated for WU10. Whatever it is, its interesting enough for them to keep it a secret and announce it live on the XBox Showcase event this Sunday @ Noon CT.

My prediction for the World Update: An all-new version of the United States, with higher resolution mesh and updated Bing imagery.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

50 minutes ago, David Mills said:

My prediction for the World Update: An all-new version of the United States, with higher resolution mesh and updated Bing imagery.

Yes, please

Just now, yanfeng12342000 said:

I don't understand. Why don't they tell us what World Update 10 is when it's just 4 days ahead.

Saving it for the Xbox conference

3 minutes ago, NZ255 said:

Saving it for the Xbox conference

Maybe it’s actually quite major this time, like a new AI pass or higher quality Bing imagery globally.

Or maybe it’s just another region…

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

4 hours ago, DaWu said:

Horizon line through mountains is now „not planned“? offensive initials not allowed

WNA , that is WNAing disappointing. I don’t know if I can look at that WNAing horizon line for the rest of my MSFS life.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

So I started off reading this update.....(thanks @ChaoticBeauty)

Development Roadmap and Feedback Snapshot  - meh, same old, same old, huh WTH.

Marketplace, Twitch Updates and Screenshot challenge - lol, snicker, roflmao.....

COMMUNITY VIDEO - DING,DING, DING

These are the best part of the updates as they highlight an aspect of the sim world I may never realize even existed.   This week's edition made my month

To see the passion and dedication of this fellow simmer Lillo is truly humbling and inspiring.  Take a peak (at least) at the YT video, I hope it is for you, too. 

After seeing it, I was reminded of just how much I take for granted in the sim - and in life.

I guess sometimes it takes being grounded to really appreciate the opportunity to "fly" again. 

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

Regards, Kendall

4 hours ago, captain420 said:

I really hope SU10 will resolve the FPS issue. I use to be able to run at TLOD at 400, now I have to reduce it down to 200.

You a winner, mine is TLOD 140 and the other LOD 120 and this is OK for me.

Therefor my frames and smoothness is about fine..

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

7 hours ago, DaWu said:

Horizon line through mountains is now „not planned“? offensive initials not allowed

This is pretty appalling, they knew about it early enough to rectify as it was notified in Alpha Testing. They claimed it was "too deep in the code" long after first release but that could read "we couldn't be bothered to attempt to fix this obvious immersion breaking bug".

Oh and still no hotfix for the VR toolbar bug that THEY introduced #sigh

I know Devs have different priorities, I can live with that, but I cannot stand by and applaud them when they are so consistently poor with their Bug Fix decisions.

• Like 3

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

34 minutes ago, MarcG said:

I know Devs have different priorities, I can live with that, but I cannot stand by and applaud them when they are so consistently poor with their Bug Fix decisions.

I wouldn't say these bug fixes are poor decisions honestly. The horizon line passing through mountains is annoying for sure, but I think missing weather features are more important than this. It makes sense to me.

20 minutes ago, dikkeduif said:

I wouldn't say these bug fixes are poor decisions honestly. The horizon line passing through mountains is annoying for sure, but I think missing weather features are more important than this. It makes sense to me.

The horizon line bug was present and reported upon release, if memory serves me right in the alpha already. We were told it's deeply hidden in the code and would require time to resolve. That was completely fine with me, there were priorities.

However, two years after release (and three years after the alpha) I begin running out of patience with this one and a number of other bugs, including recently introduced ones.

I understand, Maverick and stuff required other skills (and was probably more thrilling) than recoding the horizon. However, I would have preferred to subtract 10 Maverick devs and add a 10 devs horizon line task force a year ago.

It's time to prioritize quality over quantity now.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

51 minutes ago, dikkeduif said:

I would say it is a poor decision to not even attempt to the fix the horizon line Bug, this is a simulator that sells itself on Scenery and Low Level flight over high quality streaming terrain...and yet the biggest issue of them all is staring them right in the face, as above they've had ample time to fix it but have chosen to ignore it...that's the issue here.

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

‘Not planned’ is different to ‘never doing’. 
Looks like they’ve only got dev plans for the next 6 months (Q4 22)

Edited by NZ255

Check out the guy posting over the official forums yesterday, he was from Asobo. He was giving the impression that the team was really small compared to the mammoth sim. He gave the impression that they had bitten off more than they could chew to me.