Sign in to follow this  

HI guys,

Having now delved into VR and loving it immensely (slowly getting my motion sickness under control!), was wondering if the above title would be worth getting? Anyone have this as yet? Comments?

Also, on a side note, went back to v1.1.0 of XRtoolkit as seems to be more stable than the latest version as in not losing as many frames even with tweaking....

Cheers

i9 13900KF @ 5.5Ghz | MoBo MSI PRO Z690-A WiFi | Corsair Vengeance Black RGB RS 64gb DDR4 3200MHz | PNY RTX 4090 XLR Gaming Verto EPIC-X RGB TF | MP33 Pro 1TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD for OS | Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" 4TB SSD SATA2 | Corsair RM1000X 2021 1000W 80 Plus Gold PSU | Antec Dark Fleet DF700 Flux Gaming Case | Win 11 home | LG 48" C2 OLED 4K TV | G512 Keyboard | Razer Basilisk V2 Mouse | TCA Throttle, Sidestick and addons, peddles, TM1600 Hotas | TrackIR 5 | Tobii Eye Tracker | HP Reverb G2 HMD

Doug 

They offer a 7-day trial on their web page, so it is best to try it out yourself. I did one trip with VR and FSRealistic using the trial yesterday, but I didn't notice much of a difference. However, I haven't played with the settings yet.

Peter

Tanks Peter, didn't realize there was a trial to use... ill have a go at that... don't want to end up puking! LOL

i9 13900KF @ 5.5Ghz | MoBo MSI PRO Z690-A WiFi | Corsair Vengeance Black RGB RS 64gb DDR4 3200MHz | PNY RTX 4090 XLR Gaming Verto EPIC-X RGB TF | MP33 Pro 1TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD for OS | Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" 4TB SSD SATA2 | Corsair RM1000X 2021 1000W 80 Plus Gold PSU | Antec Dark Fleet DF700 Flux Gaming Case | Win 11 home | LG 48" C2 OLED 4K TV | G512 Keyboard | Razer Basilisk V2 Mouse | TCA Throttle, Sidestick and addons, peddles, TM1600 Hotas | TrackIR 5 | Tobii Eye Tracker | HP Reverb G2 HMD

Doug 

I did a few more flights with VR and FSR today. There is a noticeable difference, I think I accidentally disabled the program yesterday. The main effect is that the view point moves up and down when one adjusts elevator trim etc. It seems to try mimicking head movement under acceleration. To me, this was quite discomforting, I won't use FSR I think. However, I really appreciate the opportunity to evaluate the program in a free trial and wish FSR the best of luck.

9 hours ago, qqwertzde said:

I did a few more flights with VR and FSR today. There is a noticeable difference, I think I accidentally disabled the program yesterday. The main effect is that the view point moves up and down when one adjusts elevator trim etc. It seems to try mimicking head movement under acceleration. To me, this was quite discomforting, I won't use FSR I think. However, I really appreciate the opportunity to evaluate the program in a free trial and wish FSR the best of luck.

I had exactly the same experience. First time I got nausea in VR after 1.5 year VR flightsimming! No head movement when braking or accelerating, saw no shaking or engine caused vibration. I did the update, so no big deal, but the older version was already good enough for me soundwise.

MS FS 2020 | I9-13900K@5.8 GHZ  | 64 GB DDR5 4800mhz |  ASUS TUF RTX 4090 O24G Gaming   | HP Reverb G2 | Navigraph | VATSIM | TPR Pedals | Virpil collective & stick | Honeycomb | 2023: Real life RPL MLA microlight trainee (Ikarus C42CS)

2 hours ago, Rene_Feijen said:

I had exactly the same experience. First time I got nausea in VR after 1.5 year VR flightsimming! No head movement when braking or accelerating, saw no shaking or engine caused vibration. I did the update, so no big deal, but the older version was already good enough for me soundwise.

Same here.  No engine vibration on ground.  In the air though, the g-force effects are too much for VR (I like them in 2d).  I tried to turn down g-force to the lowest level, but it was still too much in VR.  

2 hours ago, Roland Foster said:

Same here.  No engine vibration on ground.  In the air though, the g-force effects are too much for VR (I like them in 2d).  I tried to turn down g-force to the lowest level, but it was still too much in VR.  

have you tried turning off camera shake in the MSFS settings? i believe having that set to ON makes it worse

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable 

15 hours ago, avhpilot said:

have you tried turning off camera shake in the MSFS settings? i believe having that set to ON makes it worse

Was already always off for me.

MS FS 2020 | I9-13900K@5.8 GHZ  | 64 GB DDR5 4800mhz |  ASUS TUF RTX 4090 O24G Gaming   | HP Reverb G2 | Navigraph | VATSIM | TPR Pedals | Virpil collective & stick | Honeycomb | 2023: Real life RPL MLA microlight trainee (Ikarus C42CS)

So the best still is a physic moving 3D platform with 2-3 axis under the chair that moves our melons.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, peloto said:

So the best still is a physic moving 3D platform with 2-3 axis under the chair that moves our melons.

A seat mover with 2-3 degrees of freedom is certainly good, but not the best. The best would be something like this: https://motionsystems.eu/product/motion-platforms/ps-6tl-800/ - if you can afford it...

Anyway, to get back on topic: If possible, it would be ideal if FSRealistic had a configuration option to make it move the airframe instead of the camera. Accu-Feel by A2A does that in P3D, and it works quite well for extra immersion in VR without causing motion sickness. 

• Upvote 1

I haven't given up on this yet in VR.

! have turned G-forces to 1 (on a scale of 0-100) and turbulence at a very low level. It's much much better now and my viewpoint is not bouncing from the bottom of my seat to the ceiling up and down any longer which made operating an aircraft impossible,

So, I think you'd need to give it some time to set it up correctly, to your preferences.... and now i get the vibrations during take off and the shaking when hitting the main gear and front wheels on the ground which is what I wanted this add-on for mainly.

Edited by avhpilot

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable 

I recently installed this as well. For VR I turned down all movements to about 5-10 and some off completely (e.g., breathing). After that it was ok and added some extra value. I particulary like the movement when the gears hit the ground. I also fly PMDG/Fenix so I turned off all sounds that are already included in their product so they're not duplicated.