Sign in to follow this  
iFlySimX

Bonanza G36 World Tour

Hello all! I'll be starting a World Tour today with the Bonanza G36. If anyone wants to join me on any legs and have any flight suggestion, please let me know. I think this could be fun 🙂

Let me know!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

Good luck with this. Quite the sim commitment! 🙂 

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

I have done mine a year ago from Switzerland to Switzerland East bound on a TB21 with mostly 4 and a half hours legs, and it was fun indeed. Since then I have gone around Africa and South America on discovery flights, this is where MSFS shines and cannot be replaced with any other flight simulator, I would never have done that with FS9, FSX or P3D!

I cannot remember all my legs and that would not be relevant to your location anyway, but you will likely follow similar routes in some parts of the world like the Pacific where I had to visit Kamchatka and the Aleutians before reaching Canada, and the Greenland, Iceland, Feroe islands for the Atlantic. These were - weather wise - the most challenging parts since the TB21 could indeed climb up to 25'000 feet but cloud layers could be very thick and high with freezing temperatures in these locations.

Good luck!

• Like 1

Bernard

CPU = 12900K / GPU = Nvidia 3090 VRAM 24 GB / RAM = 64 GB / SSD = 2 TB 980 PRO PCle 4.0 NVMe™ M.2, 

48 minutes ago, Bernard Ducret said:

like the Pacific where I had to visit Kamchatka and the Aleutians before reaching Canada, and the Greenland, Iceland, Feroe islands for the Atlantic. These were - weather wise - the most challenging parts since the TB21 could indeed climb up to 25'000 feet but cloud layers could be very thick and high with freezing temperatures in these locations.

When I last flew RTW, one of my stops was Vagar in the Faeroe Islands.  On my entire trip around the world, Vagar had the WORST weather of any I encountered...almost zero vis and clouds almost to sea level.

Also, I flew thru Nuuk, Greenland.  It was July.  The weather was nice when I arrived (about 45 degF, light winds, mostly sunny).  The next morning, when I planned to leave for my leg to Kuluksukiaq (or whatever it's called, on the east coast of Greenland) the weather at Nuuk was 34 degF with 40 knot winds and heavy rain/mixed precip.  Mid-July.

Needless to say I decided to not fly that day (I was using a PA-28 Cherokee).

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ ♣ Gigabyte 4090 ♣ Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

On 6/10/2022 at 12:14 PM, sniper31 said:

Good luck with this. Quite the sim commitment! 🙂 

Thanks! Let's see how far I get 🙂

We will be flying tonight around 0030z if anyone wants to join, let me know.

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

Hey all! It's been a LOT of fun so far 🙂 Here is my progress. 

Any good recommendation for airport to visit in East US/Canada? 

A few people have joined me on some legs and it has been a lot of fun flying together so if anyone wants to join, let me know. 

wt.png

• Like 1

I just started my world tour in a Bonanza as well, using the route that Noonan/Earhart took.

spacer.png

(Might have to cheat a little crossing from Natal to Dakar and Hawaii to California re: fuel consumption…I’ll just pretend I have wing tanks and a back seat full of auxiliary fuel tanks)

Great good fun!

Edited by Stevie202
  • Like 1

Nothing like having your own custom livery for the world tour 🙂

Screenshot-1332

Edited by iFlySimX
  • Upvote 1